Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ADVENTURES  (Read 18024 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: ADVENTURES
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

My work here is done...and I'm done with work.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

Later is good.  I watched the opening of The Towering Inferno - sound was mastered a bit low compared to other Blu-Rays I have, but once I kicked it up a few dbs it sounded nice and punchy.  The images seems fine, but not as sharp as others, so maybe they used the last transfer.  It's nice-looking, don't get me wrong, but one gets spoiled easily by the best of these.  But, I couldn't keep away from Ponyo, and so that's what I'm in the midst of and I'll have a nice, full report for you later.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »

Next I watched today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. I had to laugh a little bit. Both Rafe and Heather were in the room with Adam. Adam and Heather shared this long, involved steamy kiss. Once she left, Rafe and Adam had a nice little gentle hug, VERY tentative. Talk about a double standard on daytime TV.

While i don't see them showing gay relationships being all steamy, in this case perhaps they are trying to suggest that adam is more passionate with heather because he is not gay.

I still haven't totally figured out if adam is repulsed by what he is doing with rafe, or if he is at all confused. And heather and adam were engaged before he went to jail. I also cannot figure out if
he still loves her or if he is totally using her. Before they made his character go downhill he definitely was in love with her. They were the big "it" couple on the show.

Jennifer, it was Rafe who gave the anemic little hug, and then he SLUNK away from him. Not exactly showing much sexual interest. And Rafe IS gay.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »

It was Rafe who gave the anemic little hug....

I like that

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2009, 08:23:55 PM »

Today I went back on my diet and boy do I feel better.  I played Wii tennis for about 30 minutes, bowled (wii) for 30 minutes, did some step aerobics and then ran for 10 minutes.   It felt great.

Between the holiday at the lake and my birthday I went way overboard.  It should only take a few days to get back on track

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2009, 08:24:45 PM »

I watched two previously seen items tonight and started another one between the two I had already watched.

I began with HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. Since my friend Hal and I will likely be seeing HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE one day next week, I thought I'd take advantage of seeing ORDER OF THE PHOENIX right before the story continues with the next one.

BK, when you watched ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, I hope you chose the PCM uncompressed track. The default is Dolby Digital 5.1 (not TrueHD), and since the movie begins immediately and doesn't give you a chance to pick a sound option, most people don't realize the disc doesn't opt for the best choice of audio codec. I put the disc on pause and chose the best sound option. I don't know why Warners puts lossy codecs as the defaults on an HD disc, but they do (or they did when the HP films were mastered for Blu-ray).

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

I started TO CATCH A THIEF, the Centennial Collection remaster and got about 20 minutes into it when I remembered the movie I have been meaning to watch while I was on holiday, so I stopped it and pulled something else off the shelf.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »

Ahh, after tonight's storms pass through, we're going to have low 80s for highs with low humidity.  I think I like summer again

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

What I pulled off the shelf was THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM. It's long, and there's this tedious story about the brothers working for a conceited duke who wants his life story told in a book, but I just love the cast, especially the casts of the fairy tales. Next time this is on TCM, I need to record just the fairy tales and make a disc just of them.

The Leigh Harline songs are snappy and fun, too. No, not classics or anything, but I've always liked them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »

Hopefully my brain will be back on track tomorrow.  I've had a hard time concentrating this week and I have a ton of work to do.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »

Boo has been patiently waiting for me to play toys with her.  Since there are many birds right outside the window, the nightly catching of toys is a must for her to keep her sanity....better go

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »

I watched two previously seen items tonight and started another one between the two I had already watched.

I began with HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. Since my friend Hal and I will likely be seeing HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE one day next week, I thought I'd take advantage of seeing ORDER OF THE PHOENIX right before the story continues with the next one.

BK, when you watched ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, I hope you chose the PCM uncompressed track. The default is Dolby Digital 5.1 (not TrueHD), and since the movie begins immediately and doesn't give you a chance to pick a sound option, most people don't realize the disc doesn't opt for the best choice of audio codec. I put the disc on pause and chose the best sound option. I don't know why Warners puts lossy codecs as the defaults on an HD disc, but they do (or they did when the HP films were mastered for Blu-ray).

I am actually finding this to be the case with a lot of Blu-Ray discs - they use totally weird audio tracks for the default - on one of them, a more modern film of the last five or ten years, the default was a two-channel stereo - so now I always look at the audio choices or I use the "audio" button on the remote and find the best of them.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »

I am actually finding this to be the case with a lot of Blu-Ray discs - they use totally weird audio tracks for the default - on one of them, a more modern film of the last five or ten years, the default was a two-channel stereo - so now I always look at the audio choices or I use the "audio" button on the remote and find the best of them.

Good! You quickly learn the ins and outs of these new technologies as you play with them more and more.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »

I guess I'll head down now and go to bed. I didn't get a ton of sleep last night (probably had going to the eye doctor on my mind), so I'm hoping to sleep like a baby tonight.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - I see that WNYC has purchased WQXR!

WHAT?!?!?!

I didn't see that on Twitter!?!?!?!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »

Oh... Before I forget....

Good Evening!

:)

*And it was and still is another glorious evening here in NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »

bk - Have you posted any of the links to those YouTube videos on either Twitter account?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2009, 09:29:33 PM »

DR Michael S - From what you've mentioned before, I don't think you're play will resemble Fully Committed as far as the plot is concerned.  However, Fully Committed is a one-man show where the one-man plays a whole slew of characters.  It's basically set around a restaurant reservationist, so there's lot of characters and character.  Something like 40 of them throughout the course of the play.

Are you familiar with I Am My Own Wife? Another show where all the characters are played by one person.  -And it won the Tony and the Pulitzer too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Thanks for the Blue Bunny Ice Cream tip-off!  I am now following @Blue_Bunny on Twitter! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »

BK - I'm having no luck getting your videos to display on one page so that i can do an effective link for the people on castrecl or ATC West Coast whom I'm sure would want to see these.

Our (Skip and my) page looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=starfighterllc&view=videos

I can't figure out how to locate an equivalent page for you!!! 

FJL

« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »

HERRINGBONE (which debuted in 1980's) also is a one-man show where the one man plays a whole slew of characters, all having conversations.

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »

We've had a very full last day here in Chicago.  We were at the exhibit hall until shortly before it closed at 2pm, came back to the hotel to meet up with my niece Laura, shopped a bit on State Street (that great street), had dinner at Berghoff's, and saw JERSEY BOYS, which rocked!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »

BK - I'm having no luck getting your videos to display on one page so that i can do an effective link for the people on castrecl or ATC West Coast whom I'm sure would want to see these.

Our (Skip and my) page looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=starfighterllc&view=videos

I can't figure out how to locate an equivalent page for you!!! 

HA!

I just did a search on YouTube for "Pink Fish"... And the first "promoted video" that comes up is "Fish - Jeremy Piven Parody".

:)

*DR FJL - Since the "Entourage" cast is making the talk show rounds this week, you may notice another surge in "hits" to that video.  Kevin Connolly was on "The View" today, and they spend a good chunk of time talking about Jeremy Piven's supposed(?) mercury poisoning.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »

Jose, do you know how I could get my videos to display on one page like that?  Right now, there are three and you have to click "more" or something, and it's real hard to see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »

FJL, I did my youtube address exactly as you have in your link only with haineshisway - I still get the viewer "view" - but I clicked on show all and then I got your view - I don't know how to make that the default, but maybe you did the same at some point and now that's how it comes up?

FJL

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45:50 PM »

Jose - thanks for the tips.  I'll have to adjust the keywords on the promotion!

Interestingly, I'm doing a promotion thing on the Sanford video also but out of 85,000 views, i was surprised to see in my "insight" than only 4,472 are from the promotion; the rest they say are happening naturally; they call it "viral/other".  I'd love to know where they're coming from, but the insight section doesn't give that kind of info.

FJL

« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »

George - Thanks for seeing that!

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

DR Laura - great news about your sister!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »

I've been to settings and all sorts of things, but other than manually getting all the videos to display, ala FJL, I can't figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up