Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ADVENTURES  (Read 17831 times)

FJL

Re: ADVENTURES
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 05:20:44 AM »

Congrats, Michael S!

Michael

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »

And now to You Tube
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 05:21:36 AM »

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 05:23:23 AM »

TOD:  Does my performance as Lucy in CHARLIE BROWN at Camp Loyaltown count as "camping?"

Only if you continued to play Lucy as an adult.  :-)
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 05:26:10 AM »

Good morning, all. I have to get out the crutches this morning, pray I can see my doctor today or tomorrow, and hope that this condition, which I recall lasted several months in 2004, passes quickly. As of around 3 am, which is when the pain woke me, I can hardly walk on my left foot, which doesn't want to bear my weight, so I need the crutches for a while.

I have to get to the pharmacy for some meds this morning so I'll take a taxi down to Amsterdam and 68th. I also need to contact my co-workers on Life Begins At 8:40 and Babes In Toyland that this will put a major glitch in my schedule this week. Around 6:45 this morning, I spoke to the wonderful paralegal Geri on the McGlinnventory and cancelled the week.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 05:31:54 AM »

OMG!  Health vibes to Larry

FJL

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »

bk - We just had dinner with Glenn and Wendy Slater last night.  What a coincidence. 

Glenn is Alan Menken's lyricist for the beautiful "Will the sun Ever shine Again" which bk posted last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mmZkAD1SU

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 05:35:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: PINGO!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE(THEME FROM ICE CASTLES)

Laura

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 05:44:55 AM »

Breaking news: Fred climbed out of the box and is exploring the room.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 05:45:57 AM »

Breaking news: Jane decided Fred belongs back in the box.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:08 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Today I'll be in the exhibit hall until they close at 2pm or until I give out, whichever comes first.  My niece is on her way in from Bloomington/Normal and tonight the 3 of us are seeing JERSEY BOYS next door.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 05:55:04 AM »

Dear DR Elmore - please take care!  Richard and I have both had the kind of back problems you describe and it's NO FUN!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 05:57:50 AM »

TOD - I have great memories of camping trips with my parents, one to northern Michigan and the other to Mt. Desert Island, Maine.  Now that I'm the grown-up, though, camping sounds a lot like staying home and having to do the cooking, housekeeping, and personal grooming with out modern conveniences.  My idea of roughing it these days is staying in a hotel that doesn't provide a complimentary breakfast.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 06:08:29 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTHY VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  * * * * *

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 06:22:21 AM »

I just made an appointment with my doctor for 12:30 today! I've also been practicing with my crutches so I won't embarrass myself more than usual when I leave the apartment. If I head out around 11, I can run my errands and get to the doctor by noon, I do believe.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 06:23:55 AM »

I am most intrigued by DR MICHAEL S' play information and wish him the greatest success in his reading.....hopefully we will soon hear more.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 06:24:09 AM »

NUDIE production vibes for MR BK.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 06:28:12 AM »

Yesterday I arrived at the theatre at 5:30....and there was no one in the box office selling tickets.  They are supposed to open at 5 so there were some mad people there.

I opened the box office...took care of them...all exchanges of course, no cash money.  Ran to the back to unload my car and set up for my rehearsal.  Listened for the phone.

My table was gone and all of my stuff was on the floor....the director of ARSENIC AND OLD LACE had decided he needed my table for his auditions in the theatre.  My rehearsal dry erase board and easel were also there....

I finally got the person on the phone who was supposed to be there and they arrived at almost six o'clock.....I got everything into the rehearsal space and my chairs set up.

I auditioned.....started my rehearsal....six people were LATE.....two people who had been on vacation had to be instructed in what they had missed....the horse and the burro had forgotten their dance.....everyone was noisy.

All this just to say that I lost my temper last night and finally said:  "Would you all just shut and be quiet?  It is impossible to work with everyone talking....."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »

And then I came home and watched a BOLLYWOOD DVD that DR MBARNUM had sent me....called NO SMOKING which was scary and had some good music AND John Abraham.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »

TOD:

I love hiking and camping!  In high school in college I would often go out to explore the Jersey Pine Barrens with friends on day or overnight trips (though for the most part, it was mostly for the purpose of getting high or other activities.)  In my 20s and 30s, I still went out, but it became more about getting a break from work and appreciating the beauty of nature.  My favorite trips were more adventerous ones to places like Eno River in NC, where we had to portage our way to the camp grounds.  So amazingly wonderful to be so far away from city lights and highway noises.  Loved it!

I guess as my friends and I got older and began to have family responsiblities and living in houses that required weekend work, we had less and less time to take those trips into the woods.  I miss it a lot.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 06:38:08 AM »

Good morning!

Bright and sunshiny today, and I noticed the rain forecasts which were in the newspaper yesterday are not there today. How strange! NOT!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 06:39:41 AM »

Of course, I'm up and on the forum earlier than usual due to my eye doctor appointment at 10:15. Naturally, I am ready to leave now so I am basically killing time until I need to leave to get to the doctor's office. (About a 12 minute drive).

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »

I am expecting THE TOWERING INFERNO on Blu-ray this week, and hopefully it will come today so I can work on it this afternoon and evening. It's a long film (too long but with that many stars in the cast, I guess each required some time for their own storylines to play out), so it'd likely take me most of the afternoon just to watch it, and then there are a couple of commentaries.

I doubt any new bonus material has been added, so I only need to check to see if it's been ported over in SD or upconverted to HD. That won't take very long.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »

Algernon Blackwood's story "The Wendigo" terrified me from going camping or being alone on a country road after dark.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 06:45:09 AM »

On TV TOnight!

CBS - BIG BROTHER 11
ABC - THE SUPERSTARS, BETTER OFF TED, PRIMETIME: FAMILY SECRETS
NBC - GREAT AMERICAN ROAD TRIP, AMERICA'S GOT TALENT
A&E - THE CLEANER
BRA - MIAMI SOCIAL
TNT - HAWTHORNE, SAVING GRACE
FX   - RESCUE ME

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 06:45:15 AM »

Yesterday I arrived at the theatre at 5:30....and there was no one in the box office selling tickets.  They are supposed to open at 5 so there were some mad people there.

I opened the box office...took care of them...all exchanges of course, no cash money.  Ran to the back to unload my car and set up for my rehearsal.  Listened for the phone.

My table was gone and all of my stuff was on the floor....the director of ARSENIC AND OLD LACE had decided he needed my table for his auditions in the theatre.  My rehearsal dry erase board and easel were also there....

I finally got the person on the phone who was supposed to be there and they arrived at almost six o'clock.....I got everything into the rehearsal space and my chairs set up.

I auditioned.....started my rehearsal....six people were LATE.....two people who had been on vacation had to be instructed in what they had missed....the horse and the burro had forgotten their dance.....everyone was noisy.

All this just to say that I lost my temper last night and finally said:  "Would you all just shut and be quiet?  It is impossible to work with everyone talking....."

DR JRand58, these are all reasons to be an Indiana headline of the most unflattering sort. I am amazed at your sangfroid.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2009, 06:46:01 AM »

Sorry to read about the health issues, DR Elmore. I hope you can get in to see the doctor and that you get some relief soon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 06:46:45 AM »

Sorry to read about the health issues, DR Elmore. I hope you can get in to see the doctor and that you get some relief soon.

I am all set and ready to go!

I had to cancel dinner plans with friends. Getting around the Upper West Side is one thing, but I'm not ready for a trek to East 13th Street.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 06:50:26 AM »

I am all set and ready to go!

I had to cancel dinner plans with friends. Getting around the Upper West Side is one thing, but I'm not ready for a trek to East 13th Street.

Good! Please keep us informed of what transpires.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 06:52:36 AM »

TOD:

I do not like camping at all, but my first partner and I used to take day trips to the Blue Ridge Mountains and hike. I really loved doing that and is one of the things I miss most about our life together.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up