Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOWMANSHIP  (Read 22755 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SHOWMANSHIP
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm ba-ack.  In the NYC, that is.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2009, 08:06:27 PM »

DR DAW - Where did you hear about that new cookbook?

;)  ::)  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »

Thanks for the update, Ginny. Hopefully this is the first baby step for him back to health.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »

Thanks, DR Laura.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »

DR Jose - I'm very glad you scrubbed your visit in Philadelphia!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »

Richard just poured me a glass of wine, so I'm going to sign off for the night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

Richard just poured me a glass of wine, so I'm going to sign off for the night.

I haven't poured myself a glass of wine, but I think I'm going to sign off for the night too.  It's been a long day for me.

~~~~~~~~~~VIBES TO THOSE IN NEED WHETHER YOU WANT THEM OR NOT~~~~~~~~~~

;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2009, 08:54:17 PM »

I am not at all excited about going to my 30 year class reunion this weekend.  Is that a bad thing?

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Guess I'll say good night too.....Good night

td

• td
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »

~~~Vibes for Matt H.!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for TCB!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for Elmore!!~~~

~~~Vibes for Everyone Else!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »

We visited ICU during the last evening visiting period.  Only John's wife and youngest daughter and her boyfriend were there and only Richard went in to see John.  They're having visitors put on gowns and gloves while they rule out his having something infectious, so I stayed in the waiting room with the family.  No change in John's condition, except that his blood pressure has stabilized - which was the desired effect of putting him back on the vent.

~~~Continued Vibes for John!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2009, 09:55:36 PM »

They were supposed to install it when my roof was re-roofed, but it wasn't.  Then, it was supposed to be installed when the next building was re-roofed (so the installers only have to make one trip).  That was supposed to be last week, but the next building wasn't re-roofed.  I don't know why.  Now, I have no idea when the next roof will be done, meaning, I have no idea (still) when my new operable skylight will be installed.  And this week, it's going to be the hottest that it's been in a LONG time.

:P I say.

Well...as I drove to work this morning (after posting the message above), I saw that another building in my condo complex was being re-roofed!!  When I got to work, I called the property manager and left a message asking if this means that I'll be getting my new operable skylight.  She called me back a little later and said that the roofers (who are supposed to install my new operable skylight) will contact me.  When I came home this afternoon, there was a business card with a note asking me to call the roofers.  I spoke to the guy and he said that my new operable skylight will be installed tomorrow (Tuesday) morning!!  AT 8:00 AM!  That's just when I normally wake up. :-\ But I don't care.  I want that darned new operable skylight put in!  So, I'm finally getting my new operable skylight!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »

I'm through with my viewing for the evening and shall now just relax.

George

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »

Almost exactly two years ago, I posted that it was very hot up in my bedroom.  On July 12, 2007, 12:01:52 AM (at the end of the day for the topic UP IN ARMS), I wrote:

When I came home this evening (at about 10:30 pm), the temperature up in my bedroom was 93 degrees!! :o AND it's at the top of my 3-story town house condo, AND there's no open-able window up at the top! :P The heat just goes up there and stays.  I have a couple of fans blowing air around but it still can't actually cool the air. :-\

George

« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »

The next day of posts (also July 12, 2007, 11:06:45 PM, but the topic was WAXING AND WANING), I posted that I wanted to change my skylight from one that doesn't open to one that does:

I am really thinking about getting a portable air conditioner...or seeing if I can be allowed to make my skylight in my loft bedroom an openable skylight.  All of the condos in this complex have the exact same kind of skylights, except some are square and some are half-sized rectangles.  When I was looking at places to buy, one of the other units in this complex had a square skylight (like mine) that could crank open!  I hope that that's a possibility because otherwise, there really isn't any easy way to get rid of the hot air up there :P

George

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »

On July 14, 2007 (topic, PETULANT), Jeanne posted some hints (I saved them in a word document, which is how I remembered all of this):

On the subject of skylights, I differ. My present home has three skylights, two of them being the operable sort. A previous abode had an inoperable skylight, which always leaked. I concluded from that experience that skylights always leak. Not so. When I bought this house one of the skylights leaked. I learned that the two operable ones had been installed incorrectly--the remodeler had ignored the (clearly stated) manufacturer's instructions and had NOT provided the proper pitch. I had a contractor do so and caulk them adequately, and VIOLA! no leaks.

It can be difficult to retrofit this, however, because the junction of the skylight and the roof is important. GEORGE, I would contact the manufacturer of your existing skylight and ask if they make any operable ones the same size as your existing one, and also how difficult he thinks it would be to make the change.

BTW, my skylights were made by Andersen Windows, and even though the installation error was clearly not Andersen's fault, they gave me new sashes (the portion of the skylight which contains the glass) free of charge. I had to pay my contractor to do the modification, however. So I must say that Andersen went the extra mile and then some.

BTW #2, I couldn't LIVE in this house without those two operable skylights! The extra ventilation makes a huge difference.

BTW#3: some models have a screen to keep out the flying insects.

George

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:45 PM »

The new skylight IS supposed to have a screen. :)

George

« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »

IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS, BUT IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!  And since the roofers (who just put a new roof on my building) are ordering and installing all the skylights for the condo complex (if the owners want new ones), the workmanship will be covered under their warranty! ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:17:43 PM by George »

George

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »

Well, since I got very little sleep last night, I'm going to go to bed now, in the hopes that I'll get some sleep.  I'm going to bring the foam mattress from my bedroom upstairs down to the sleeper-sofa (I should've done that last night, but I didn't think that the sleeper-sofa would be SO uncomfortable) and take the batteries out of the two clocks, so that there is silence.  And if I'm able to get to sleep earlier than usual, it won't be so bad when the roofers come early tomorrow to install the new skylight.  I'll make sure that I get up earlier than they're supposed to be here, so that I can make myself presentable. ;)

Good night, all!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

Vibes to one and all and also all and one.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »

Yes vibes to all.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »

The rabbit ears did not work.  I guess I'm stuck buying a new tv.  The smallest one is still $200.00.  Will have to wait.

I made this big stink in my building about the smell, and then of course everyone stopped talking to me.  And now I just found out my manager was arrested a couple of days ago.  (for something completely different I think).

I'm curious to see what happens.  Maybe I'll stay if things change for the better (if the management company pays more attention to the building out of quilt it would help).
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »

Goodnight all.

Good vibe Tuesday. ;)

Sam

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »

See ya Wednesday MattH.

FJL

« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »

Vibes for health to MattH

Sam

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »

Sweet dreams.

Sam

« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »

Dear FJL, I just realized you do not have a signature on your posts.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up