Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WITH IT AND HAPPENING ME  (Read 24983 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE WITH IT AND HAPPENING ME
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2009, 07:12:18 PM »

Craig is happy to be back in Philly after the temps in the DC area.  All but the cat went apartment hunting in Silver Springs & Alexandria.  No, he has not found a job.  There are just more job options in DC for them then in the Philadelphia area.

DR Jane - I know I've asked before, but...  What line of work is Craig interested in?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »

His degrees are communications and Government Policy.  He has applied to multiple analyst jobs & I don't remember what else.  He would like to do something in the non-profit area, which is difficult as most don't pay anything.  About now I think he will do almost anything he can make a decent living at, or not.  He needs work.  At his age it is important to do something that will lead to something better in the future.

Most businesses don't want to hire someone out of the area which is another reason he is moving.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2009, 07:27:51 PM »

Today we officially completed the first round of work on Life Begins At 8:40. I finished the last score proof around 11:45 am, and the two volumes of the orchestra score were bound and ready for the conductor by 1 pm. the orchestra reading is scheduled forTuesday Sept 1, and I wish the LoC, who is supposed to pay our invoices within 6 weeks of receipt would pay us our June invoice, which is now 8 weeks after submission. Stupid asses. So much for your government at work. God knows at this time when we see the money, not to mention the invoice we submitted four weeks ago and the one we submitted last week. There may be avery ugly scene at the reading between my employers and me, and I'm prepared to initiate it.

Two Words: You. Tube.

;D

My actual work e-mail signature is this:

New words of wisdom:  whenever you’re feeling angry,
take a deep breath, count to ten and then imagine what
the YouTube video would look like.

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »

Don't be surprised if I'm not here tomorrow.  I should have been cleaning instead of posting tonight.

Laura

« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »

Don't be surprised if I'm not here tomorrow.  I should have been cleaning instead of posting tonight.

No, Jane! Don't do it!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Kerry

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

Wow. Did you notice there's a man in that photo?

LOL!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »

The only thing missing is the tiger!         ;)

The tiger is on the left!  Grrroowwwlll  (hear that in your head as done by Eartha Kitt)
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »

Thanks so much to you all for the vibes. I DO appreciate them!

I was able to get in today for an unscheduled treatment. I'll still have my usual one on Thursday. When I returned home I laid down and slept like I was drugged. I'm a big believer in the restorative powers of sleep. I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

Healing HHW vibes back to you all from me!

DR Jeanne, I've been delinquent all day in sending you industrial strength vibes, and I apologize. Here they are!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:58:06 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »

What is the true story behind the photo?

Jane, I will send you the email.  The man has raised all of these lions and other animals in the wild.

And you're hoping he might tame you now?

As I said to Kerry, "Too late."

Don't we all know!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »

I just caught the movie BREAKFAST Wi'TH SCOT with Tom Cavanaugh. What a sweet little tearjerker! I liked it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »

Vibes tomorrow will be a better day DRs Jeanne, elmore & Matt H!

Thank you, DR Jane. This HAS been one of the worst days I have ever lived.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Laura

« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, Matt H. I hope tomorrow is much better.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »

Vibes tomorrow will be a better day DRs Jeanne, elmore & Matt H!

Thank you, DR Jane. This HAS been one of the worst days I have ever lived.

~~~CONTINUED VIBES FOR DRs MATT H., JEANNE AND ELMORE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

Here we go...The Topic of the Day (in multiple posts):

When did you get your first record player and what kind was it?
Our family has always had a record player, so that doesn't count.  But I vaguely remember having some kind of red plastic record player when my sister and I were living in Germany (when I was about four to seven years old).  Otherwise, the first time that I got my very own record player was when I was in high school and my parents got me a record player/radio/cassette player/recorder (not the musical instrument) all-in-one.  It was so cool, because now I could make cassettes of my records!

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »

I did finish the bonus features on JEANNE DIELMAN

George

« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2009, 08:22:41 PM »

When did you get your first CD player?
1990.  I had gotten a job here where I still work (different job, though) and had been buying CDs for about three years already, so I figured that it was time to be able to actually listen to them without having to ask friends to make cassettes of them.  I got a Sony boombox-type that had a CD player, radio and tape player/recorder, although the tape player never really worked.  The very first CD that I ever owned was this version of Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana."  Like others here, The Mystery of Edwin Drood was also an early CD purchase for me...even though I already had the vinyl album.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, Matt H. I hope tomorrow is much better.

Thanks. If it isn't, Urgent Care is next.

George

« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »

Your first VCR?
My parents' first VCR that they got in the very early 1980s only had 12 channels.  You had to manually set each channel to whichever station you wanted to watch.  You opened up the little box at the top of the VCR and there were tiny dials (and a plastic screwdriver thing to change the dials) that you set to various channel ranges, then you turned another little dial with your finger to tune in the specific channel.  It actually was a good VCR and lasted for several years before my parents got a new one because it was just such a hassle to use.  Fortunately, automatic tuning became the way of all VCRs.

George

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »

Your first laserdisc player (presuming you got one)?
I actually still have the only laserdisc player that I've owned.  I originally bought the laserdisc to "1776" because it was the widescreen extended version and I thought that that was the coolest thing (still do)!  A co-worker (at the time) had a laserdisc player and was able to copy it to a videotape.  A few years later, a local video store was selling off their rental laserdiscs and I asked if they were going to sell the laserdisc player that they rented.  They said that I could have (for free!) the player that they used to play discs in their store and I took it!  It's quirky, but it works.  I have since gotten quite a few laserdiscs from eBay. 

George

« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »

Your first DVD player?
The very first DVD that I owned was the original release of Jerry Herman's Broadway at the Hollywood Bowl and like my CDs, I bought DVDs before I ever had my own DVD player.  I bought a reconditioned unit through eBay (meaning, I found the listing on eBay, but I went to the seller's website directly).  The model originally sold for about $600, but I got it for just under $200!  I got it about 10 years ago and just sold it to a friend of mine only a couple of months ago.  It still works.  I have since gotten a region code-free DVD player and when my parents bought their RV (used...and they've since sold it), it had a non-working DVD player in it that they were just going to throw away.  I said that I'd take it and it only cost $28 to fix it!  AND I was able to find a code on the Internet to make THAT a region code-free player! AND it has a five-disc resume feature!  Meaning, I can play and remove up to five discs and it'll remember the last place I watched on each of those five discs!  That's a very, very, very (that's three verys) cool feature!!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:27:33 PM by George »

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Next I watched today's Y&R. Adam and Chance were on. Dear lord, Chance is going after CHloe.

George

« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:11 PM »

Your first mp3 player or iPod?
I never had an actual iPod.  My parents bought me a Diamond Rio 32MB MP3 player and I bought (for about $60) a 32MB memory card.  It held about an hour of music total. :P I have since gotten a couple of other MP3 players, but they're kind of a hassle, so don't use them (and I'm too cheap to buy an iPod).  I prefer to buy real CDs with booklets and liner notes and pictures.  I have bought individual songs from iTunes, but only for special occasions.

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »

No Luke or Noah on AS THE WORLD TURNS. Bah!

George

« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »

Your first car phone?
N/A

:)

George

« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »

Your first cell phone?
Very late in the 1990s, my sister and her boyfriend decided to get a family plan, so they got two two-phone plans.  One for them and one for me and my niece.  I had that for a few years until they decided to get something else, so I had to get something else.  I bought a Motorola StarTak phone.  I think it was the first flip-phone, but it had been out for sometime, already.  I had that for several years and then got my current phone probably four or five years ago.  I bought it because it could support programs to make my own ringtones and I love it!  It'll be a long time before I get a new phone because of that.

George

« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »

And [finally] your first Blu-Ray player and widescreen TV?
I have gotten only four or five Blu-Ray titles (all at substantial discounts), but I don't have a player for them.  The way things seem to be going, I don't know when (or if) I will get a Blu-Ray player. ::) I do, however, have a Panasonic 50" plasma 720p hi-def TV that I got last year!  And I got a hi-def DVR from Comcast so TV watching is good. ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »

No gay boys on ONE LIFE TO LIVE, but Tuc Watkins was back so that made it a special day.

George

« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »

And on that note (E-flat), I'm going home. 

Until later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »

I am watching one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  I'd heard it was bad, but nothing could have quite prepared me for what I'm seeing - it is called Endless Love, and seems to exist only so that Mr. Zefferelli can show young teenage boys naked or in very tight shorts.  Miss Shields, of course, has a body double.  But Mr. Zefferelli is not interested in Miss Shields, if you get my meaning.  Horrifying.  And Tom Cruise, with his voice at least an octave above where it is today, and in very tight jeans shorts, well, it must be seen to be believed.  I'm quite certain that Mr. Zefferelli was very involved in the costume selections for the young teenage boys, if you get my meaning.

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2009, 08:33:40 PM »

Next I watched the first episode of DOLLHOUSE on Blu-ray. Fox sent it to me, but since I'm not supposed to do Fox TV sets, someone else reviewed it and I got to keep this one.

Funny thing, one of the guest stars on the first episode was the actor who plays gay Kyle on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. He was not playing gay on that episode!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up