Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WITH IT AND HAPPENING ME  (Read 24886 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE WITH IT AND HAPPENING ME
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »

How long does it take to get to your office?

about 5 minutes, 10 if I hit the stoplights wrong

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »

I watched a second DOLLHOUSE episode as well. This one was a riff on "The Most Dangerous Game," and the leading character's name was Richard Connell (who, of course, was the author of the original story. In-joke for the writers, I guess.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »

I ended my evening watching Monday night's MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST. It was the season finale and a very good one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »

And speaking of last night...

Here's the trailer for the new movie musical, Clear Blue Tuesday.  DR Julie was/is one the producers of the movie - and that accounts for some of her errant and truantness.

The movie will be premiering here in NYC on September 10.  It features a great bunch of Broadway and off-Broadway actors, who also happened to write their own music for the movie too.  There is a Fan Page on Facebook if you'd like to find out more about how the movie was made, the whole process.

As for the title of the movie, it refers to September 11, 2001.  The movie then covers six subsequent Tuesdays in September.

Thanks DR Jose. I had an invitation to join the fan page but didn't know it was DR Julie's project.   It looks interesting

Becca Ayers is in it.  That's cool.  I remember her when she was at the Okoboji Summer Theater while she attended Stephens College

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz.  Becca was my "Eve" when I did Children of Eden at Frod's Theatre.  And I believe both her and her sister were in the original cast of the South Pacific revival.

It was great growing up to go to all the Okoboji Summer Theater shows. My parents have had season tickets since 1953!  Sometimes locals get to join the Stephens Students and professionals.  I was in the chorus for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in 1992 and it was a blast.  I've been trying to figure out what year Becca was there. I remember her name, but don't remember what she was in .

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

Health Vibes to All who need them ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »

AH! Just found it 1993-1996.  I wonder if she was one of my regulars when I hosted Karaoke across the street from the theater

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

For those DRs who have already seen "Julie & Julia", here's an article/review from Russ Parsons of the L.A. Times.

*If you haven't seen the movie yet (and plan to see it), you should probably read this later since it contains some spoilers.

Julie, Julia and Me: Now it can be told
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »

I'm heading downstairs to go to bed.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

For those DRs who have already seen "Julie & Julia", here's an article/review from Russ Parsons of the L.A. Times.

*If you haven't seen the movie yet (and plan to see it), you should probably read this later since it contains some spoilers.

Interesting.  After reading parts of the original Julie/Julia blog, I wondered if that wasn't the case.

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »

Well, the bottom cupboards are empty. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow night.  I think there may be some trouble getting one side of the countertop out. But, maybe that's just me being nervous.  Chris can't get here until about 8:00 PM and the countertops arrive Thurs at 7:00 AM so we don't have a lot of wiggle room if something goes wrong.   I do have the neighbor as plan B or an extra helper if necessary, so .... I just have to hope

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Time to get some sleep  The next couple days will be long ones

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »

I do not know whether I will be shot up with novocaine tomorrow morning - and I REALLY don't want one of those awful shots and hence am not looking forward in any way, shape, or form, to going.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2009, 09:49:18 PM »

I guess the WUSSBURGERS have WUSSBURGERED.  At nine-thirty.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

Thanks, Larry, for the vibes.

A BETTER DAY TOMORROW FOR US ALL!

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

Topic of the day.    I had several VCR's, never learned how to use them except to push play and eject, and then they went out of style.   So I guess I never really needed to learn anything except play and eject.

I still feel the same way about most electronics, TV's, phones, the alarm system on my car, by the time you learn how to use everything, it's outdated by the newest gadget on the market.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2009, 11:06:16 PM »

I do not know whether I will be shot up with novocaine tomorrow morning - and I REALLY don't want one of those awful shots and hence am not looking forward in any way, shape, or form, to going.

If Dr. Chew (this name always makes me smile big) is installing your crown, there should be no need.  He will remove the temp, make sure none of the stuff holding it in place is on your tooth (water and air, usually, are what is used) and then glue the new crown on after he sizes it and ensures it fits.  After that, he will check your bite and make adjustments with one of his noisy instruments if he needs to modify portions of it to match your bite.

Been there so many times I could do it myself.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »

I am watching one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  I'd heard it was bad, but nothing could have quite prepared me for what I'm seeing - it is called Endless Love, and seems to exist only so that Mr. Zefferelli can show young teenage boys naked or in very tight shorts.  Miss Shields, of course, has a body double.  But Mr. Zefferelli is not interested in Miss Shields, if you get my meaning.  Horrifying.  And Tom Cruise, with his voice at least an octave above where it is today, and in very tight jeans shorts, well, it must be seen to be believed.  I'm quite certain that Mr. Zefferelli was very involved in the costume selections for the young teenage boys, if you get my meaning.

I have this notion that you're trying to tell us something here, Bruce, but I cannot quite put my finger on it.....

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

I don't know when I'll see the movie...and I do want to see it...so I e-mailed the article to myself.  We'll see if I wait. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

Seeing DR George in the Brain next year, I would probably fly and rent a car.  Maybe stay in the same city, just to take a trip out of CA for a mini vacation.   Haven't really thought much beyond that.  I'm a bit slow about making plans for anything these days.  Senior moments.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »

Really good vibes for everyone who needs them.

Happy Wednesday.

Not much else is happening today.

And it's almost over.

Sam

« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

I spy George.

Hi George.

Sam

« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2009, 11:31:31 PM »

Night George.

George

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2009, 12:02:22 AM »

Good night, Sam.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2009, 12:06:11 AM »

That would be cool if DR Sam could come up to Olympia to see the show...assuming that I'm in it. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »

If George is in the show, I'm quite certain that we'll have an LA contingent coming up.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up