Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TWITTERING GAZELLE  (Read 46896 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE TWITTERING GAZELLE
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »

What are you going to do with a saw?

If you have to ask...

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »

DR Ginny the photos, along with your posts, really choked me up.  Such a nice tribute.

Hugs.

DR Jane, my photos are quite subtle compared to ones that my niece has already posted on Facebook.

Thanks for the virtual hugs and for the card that arrived in the mail today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »

DR TCB -  ;D

Please don't quit until we find out if DR JRand is willing to play Teddy...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »

Well, if I have been bumped to understudy, I quit!

Gee, I thought you enjoyed a little "bumping" now and then.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »

I think DR MBarnum needs to watch more Home & Garden Television!!

I'll take one of those!

CIRCUMCISION
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2009, 03:36:38 PM »

DR Ginny the photos, along with your posts, really choked me up.  Such a nice tribute.

Hugs.

DR Jane, my photos are quite subtle compared to ones that my niece has already posted on Facebook.

Actually, the photos I posted are part of her Facebook album, but I'll spare you the really maudlin ones.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:21 PM »

And now for something completely different, I am about to go to my book group's annual potluck dinner and movie night.  We've read and are watching Revolutionary Road.  That should cheer me up.  Well, at least being with my girlfriends will...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Oh, and TOD:

Me = Martin Mull
My Grandmother = Marjorie Main
My Dad = Wally Cox
My Mother = Shirley Booth
My True Love = James or Josh Brolin

Oh td, I don't like either James or Josh!

Then there's more for td, isn't there!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »

The funeral photos you posted, Ginny, are really awesome.  It's amazing, and a bit heart-wrenching, to see how people pay their respects.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »

DR TCB -  ;D

Okay!  For you, Ginny, I will wait until we hear from Jrand.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

I think DR MBarnum needs to watch more Home & Garden Television!!

I'll take one of those!

Why he's going to "cut you out" of the picture!!!

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »

DR TCB -  ;D

Okay!  For you, Ginny, I will wait until be hear from Jrand.

Golly, this isn't you day, is it!!!

DAW

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »

this isn't you day

No, it's me day!        ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »

Back from the tape transfer room and the casting session.  Unfortunately, just as we were going to get to the most important tape the guy's machine just died - we'd just heard bits of four other tapes without incident, and then it just died, just like that.  So, I only heard about twenty seconds of the opening track, but it sounded like it's going to sound amazing - the original three-track album master, which has never been used for any of this soundtrack's releases.  So, I feel safe in saying that despite it having been out on CD before (but OOP now), it will sound like it's never sounded, and we may even have two bonus tracks.  Since this is, for many a soundtrack buff, one of the great scores, I'm very excited.  The previous CD and all LP incarnations sounded really bad - no low end, shrill high end, and dead-sounding because there was no room ambience - recorded in a really dead space.  We'll be fixing all of that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »

We only saw four people today, two of whom we'll call back.  One actor was reading for the role of a young Irish lad of twenty, but born in America.  I asked the actor to read it with a really subtle Irish lilt - the author then bombastically stated that the character shouldn't have any trace of accent since he was born in America.  I asked the actor to to the subtle Irish lilt anyway, what with being the director and all.  After he left, the author told me he LOVED the Irish lilt and it stays - and it was just right, just the hint of it, because you know that any child who had parents with a thick Irish brogue would still have a trace of it.  It worked perfectly, and made all his lines sparkle and be funnier.  And that's why I get the big bucks (!).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

I'll be leaving in about forty minutes to sup with Mr. Barry Pearl and then see Plan Nine, after which I'll return with a full report.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »

Good morning, all! I'm going in early to work on the McGlinnventory since my paralegal Geri can only work till noon today. I figure with the delays I've given her the past month, this is the least I can do! If I leave by 8:30, I can be there by 9:15, which is an hour earlier than my usual schedule.

After that, back here to fret about some payment issues for which I could use some some Big Vibes: the asses at the Library of Congress haven't paid us, PHI has mysteriously not paid us today, which is usually the end of the invoice wait, and the recording check from last month hasn't arrived. I'm $2.00 overdrawn, and unless something magical happens in the post today or the PHI bank transfer, I'm royally screwed. So, DRs, I could use some vibes. Big ones.

Big vibes for DR elmore!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thank you all for the money vibes today! I just got hell from a good friend for badmouthing the Library of Congress; mind you, I'm only badmouthing the fools in the Accounts Payable Dept since they're the ones not honoring their contract. That said, much as I love the Library for what it contains and my friends who work there, it will be a cold day in hell before anything else iof my work ends up as a donation there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:14:53 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »

I had a lovely e-mail when I got home - someone got their Wife/Duck CD today and wrote a group e-mail about it:

....I AM listening to the ideal music for one: "How to Murder Your Wife".  In his notes to the CD (2 of 'em!), Kimmel takes the words right out of my mouth: he says this is one of the best film scores of the '60s, and/or ever.  I loved this movie when it first came out, and I still love it, even as it's turned into the inevitable time capsule.  (Kimmel says this is even more true of "Lord Love a Duck"---I have to take his word for that one; never seen it.)  What is ravishing about Hefti's score is actually quite common, and quite rare.  It's the sense you get, every once in awhile, that a thing is just perfect, as delivered.  Perfect, "out of the box".  From the elegant black, white and red titles to the underpinning of Hefti's corruscating chords, we know we're in for something droll, sophisticated, elegant, silly, romantic, beautiful, and just great---definitely a 'genre' movie, the cocktail comedy, but with more than a few subversive twists, and
a lot of truth. 
Anybody who doesn't think so is full of it!  (That's what I like: a nice, overbearing opinion!)
You can't watch the movie without missing the one-of-a-kind Terry-Thomas, but that expression surely describes Jack Lemmon, too, and Eddie Mayehof, and sure as hell describes the absolutely delicious and incomparable (true, for once) Virna Lisi.  This movie really hit paydirt, at least 'fun time' paydirt, if not gigantic box office (and, I don't know about that part.)  It's one of the handful of movies I can say I truly love, not because I think so (alone), but mainly because I feel it and think it, both.  Listening to this gorgeous, 'big band' score is a wonderful way to remember the film and celebrate one of its best components: that same score. 
Most of us are mortal men.  Some men however are immortal, at least for a few years after their mortal coil gives out on them.  Hefti has made it.  This music makes him alive, and what's more, it makes US a little more alive.  What more can you say for a guy, than that?  THANKS, Neal!  Beautiful.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

T.O.D.

TCB - Either Derek Jacobi or Ron Raines
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

Hugs.

Actually, the photos I posted are part of her Facebook album, but I'll spare you the really maudlin ones.

I was just about to say I would be interested in seeing them, guess I won't now.

Your welcome & more hugs.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2009, 04:44:26 PM »

And now for something completely different, I am about to go to my book group's annual potluck dinner and movie night.  We've read and are watching Revolutionary Road.  That should cheer me up.  Well, at least being with my girlfriends will...

:) You are getting out!

What did you think of the book?  I haven't read it, or seen the movie.  It doesn't really appeal to me.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2009, 04:46:21 PM »

We only saw four people today, two of whom we'll call back.  One actor was reading for the role of a young Irish lad of twenty, but born in America.  I asked the actor to read it with a really subtle Irish lilt - the author then bombastically stated that the character shouldn't have any trace of accent since he was born in America.  I asked the actor to to the subtle Irish lilt anyway, what with being the director and all.  After he left, the author told me he LOVED the Irish lilt and it stays - and it was just right, just the hint of it, because you know that any child who had parents with a thick Irish brogue would still have a trace of it.  It worked perfectly, and made all his lines sparkle and be funnier.  And that's why I get the big bucks (!).

You may not remember that I had a slight English accent.  I wish I hadn't let it go.  I often want to slip into the accent & have to stop myself knowing it would sound rather odd now.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

Bruce, nice email. :)

DAW

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »

An occasional email or review like that must make all the Kritzerland work feel worth it once in a while!      :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:26:01 PM by DAW »

DAW

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »

Today is apparently unofficially Carter Oosterhouse Day here at HHW.

The acronym of which is COD.

What is it, fish?

Jane

« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

I’ve been pondering who I would want to play me and I can’t come up with a name.    Any suggestions?

Keith-A younger Lee Majors. I’ve always thought that.
My Mother-I can’t get beyond Susan Hayward who was only 2 years older than my mother.
My brother- Warren Beatty

It is hard to do my children too.

td

• td
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »

DR Jane - what about Elizabeth Perkins for you?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »

Today is apparently unofficially Carter Oosterhouse Day here at HHW.

The acronym of which is COD.

What is it, fish?

DAW - Have you picked someone to play you in a movie yet?  Remember, Huckleberry Hound is not a real actor.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »

I’ve been pondering who I would want to play me and I can’t come up with a name.    Any suggestions?

Keith-A younger Lee Majors. I’ve always thought that.
My Mother-I can’t get beyond Susan Hayward who was only 2 years older than my mother.
My brother- Warren Beatty

It is hard to do my children too.

Your brother - Warrren Beatty?  Can I meet your brother?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »

Thank you DR Jennifer & how is your head today?

I was so mad at myself for bumping my head and not being more careful.

I will say when i woke up it was still not feeling right. But i decided to go for a bike ride early this morning (i was not sure if the helmet would hurt). It ended up being okay.

There is no bump when i feel around. But it's doing a lot better. Thanks for asking.

DR Jose, very nice of the restaurant last night.  Maybe they think you are a restaurant critic ;)

OMG that is the funniest thing i've read today. Maybe they do!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up