Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM  (Read 54526 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »

But no one can tell me about the seeming disappearance of chocolate chip ice cream from the grocery store?

Nope.  I only buy Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip.  I have it hand packed in the store so I can see it is loaded with chips.  In the past I found the pre-packed to be short on the chips.  This was years ago & maybe the problem has been rectified, still I like to see what I'm getting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »

Maybe I'll go there then.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

And as for the Topic of the Day...

I'm really not sure what my first ice cream memory was, but...

-I remember the dishes of orange sherbet that were served as dessert whenever we went out for Chinese food.

-The vanilla soft-serve cones from Herfy's. The Kid's Meals had a coupon that you would punch-out from the box. You'd bring it up to counter - after you finished your burger, of course ;) - and claim your cone.

*DR TCB - Are there still Herfy's in Seattle?

-I also remember those blue Snow Star ice cream boxes from Safeway. My parents usually had a carton of Neapolitan ice cream in the freezer.  Sometimes we would scoop it out of the carton, other times we would open up the carton and slice it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »

What a great list o' flavors Jane posted.  I'll tell you which one I'd go for RIGHT NOW - cherry macaroon.  Gimme, Gimme.

Does anyone make "Burnt Almond" anymore? -I don't think I've ever seen or tasted that before - unless it's been renamed.

Were the almonds really "burnt"? Or was that just a term they used for "toasted" or "roasted"?
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:15 AM »

I don't like MINT chocolate chip.

Sam I am!       ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:44 AM »

Moving vibes to DR KERRY!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

DR TCB - I was just checking out some pictures on one of my friend's Facebook pages, and I'm surprised that when you posted the pics from Guys & Dolls here on HHW that I didn't recognize or realize that I knew your Sarah Brown, Jenness!  I guess her married name threw me off.

Are you serious?  You know Jenny?

When I did the bus and truck tour of Anything Goes, she played Hope Harcourt.  -I was also her "Secret Satan" - we toured in the Fall, so no chance for a "Secret Santa". ;)

What an increbily small world.  Jose worked with Jenness in ANYTHING GOES, I worked with her in GUYS AND DOLLS, and son, Jed, worked with her in MUSIC MAN up in Leavenworth!

Jeness with husband, Jullian (she is on the right)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »

But no one can tell me about the seeming disappearance of chocolate chip ice cream from the grocery store?

I still Chocolate Chip in the freezer case of my grocery store(s), and at the various ice cream and gelato places I frequent.

Was there a sale on ice cream this weekend? Chocolate Chip is usually one of the first flavors to sell out.

Gelson's doesn't really do sales on anything.  No, there was simply not a container of chocolate chip ice cream anywhere - not any brand, which seemed odd to me.  I'll check Von's out later today.

Maybe it has something to do with that new book:  THE JOY OF CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SEX.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »

And as for the Topic of the Day...

I'm really not sure what my first ice cream memory was, but...

-I remember the dishes of orange sherbet that were served as dessert whenever we went out for Chinese food.

-The vanilla soft-serve cones from Herfy's. The Kid's Meals had a coupon that you would punch-out from the box. You'd bring it up to counter - after you finished your burger, of course ;) - and claim your cone.

*DR TCB - Are there still Herfy's in Seattle?

Oh yes, there are still a few Herfy's around.
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »

there are still a few Herfy's around.

And THEY starred with Jennes in some other musical.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »

I am waiting to find out what show George did with Jenness.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

Sadly, I have not (yet) had the opportunity...someday, but not so far.  Of course, the best reason that I would want to do a show with her would be to get a chance to see her husband up close...but that's just me. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »

Jenness, post show.

“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »

Good morning, all! I have a long day working on Brent's holiday album before I meet Matthew, my best friend from college, to see TAKING WOODSTOCK at 5:00. I am very much looking forward to it. By the time we have dinner and I get home, it will be rather late, but I will check in during the day.

Your best friend from college?  Matthew?  Pity your college roommates Mark, Luke, and John could not have joined you.

They're visiting Dad.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »

Sadly, I have not (yet) had the opportunity...someday, but not so far.  Of course, the best reason that I would want to do a show with her would be to get a chance to see her husband up close...but that's just me. ;)

Yes, he is both a GUY and a DOLL.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »

Good morning, all! I have a long day working on Brent's holiday album before I meet Matthew, my best friend from college, to see TAKING WOODSTOCK at 5:00. I am very much looking forward to it. By the time we have dinner and I get home, it will be rather late, but I will check in during the day.

Your best friend from college?  Matthew?  Pity your college roommates Mark, Luke, and John could not have joined you.

They're visiting Dad.

;D  ROTFLMAO!   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »

I just saw this headline:

Mel Gibson To Star In Jodie Foster’s ‘Beaver’

It's hard getting that image out of my head.

It sounds rather terrifying for Jodie, as well.
Well, she's pretty fond of beavers, I hear.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Mint Chocolate Chip was always my favorite ice cream as a kid, and I love still now. I also enjoy a dark chocolate with cherries in it type of ice cream.

OH, how I would love to be able to eat ice cream again   >:(

George

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »

Hope this is not a controversial statement, but watching MONK and PSYCH last night (not something I regularly do) made me think as a hypothesis that the lighthearted graphic treatment of murder and corpses on TV are contributing to a certain distancing of the impact of death of others in the real world, an immunization to people for the horror of the death of people who are outside of our own circles.   

That ends my philoso-pothesis for the weekend.  :)

It makes sense, though.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

Dear FJL, I agree with you 100%.   I've thought that for a long time.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »

TOD:

I don't generally like sherbets, but just about any other ice cream is to die for. I assume vanilla was the first ice cream I was given. It was my father's favorite and we always had some on hand (I preferred chocolate), but I tend to buy one flavor ice cream instead of the innumerable combinations that are also available.

I don't remember the brand, but there's a Neapolitan chocolate with five different chocolate flavors from white to dark chocolate that's very good, and it's not too rich. :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »

The weather and humidity are horrible but I now have my tickets for the train to DC and my tickets for tonight's movie.

And now back to a holiday album.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »

T.O.D.

My first memory of ice cream was on the one trip that my parents my sister, and I went on together, before my parents divorced.  Both my sister and I ate strawberry ice cream cones, and we both got car sick.  Neither one of will eat strawberry ice cream to this day.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »

And now I must get ready to go to work for a few hours, then to my sister's to help move a very heavy TV onto a table...and I'll probably have to do some other stuff.

Have a good day, all!

Sam

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »

For breakfast I had blood-orange Italian sorbet and lemon Italian sorbet (1/4 pint of each).  Does that count as ice cream.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

My favorite ice cream memory was when my mom, my sister, and I moved to Tacoma when I was five years old.  We lived a block away from a little store called the Ice Creamery (clever names those Tacomans).  My mother would not allow my sister and I to go there unaccompanied, because that is where all the hoods hung out!  But they had the best black licorice ice cream I ever tasted.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »

TOD:

I don't generally like sherbets, but just about any other ice cream is to die for. I assume vanilla was the first ice cream I was given. It was my father's favorite and we always had some on hand (I preferred chocolate), but I tend to buy one flavor ice cream instead of the innumerable combinations that are also available.

I don't remember the brand, but there's a Neapolitan chocolate with five different chocolate flavors from white to dark chocolate that's very good, and it's not too rich. :D

Breyer's. -Although, I think they only make the "Triple Chocolate" "rainbow" right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »

Now for some coffee and to finish projects in progress.   I need to find everything to sell my dad's telescope and car.     And make a box of the paperwork I need to keep for his taxes for 2009.

And music, what to listen to for a Saturday.  
Artist's choice should do the trick for the next few hours.

Yea for Saturdays and time.   ;D ;D ;D

DAW

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »

For breakfast I had blood-orange Italian sorbet and lemon Italian sorbet

Did you have to wear sunglasses?            8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »

My favorite ice cream memory was when my mom, my sister, and I moved to Tacoma when I was five years old.  We lived a block away from a little store called the Ice Creamery (clever names those Tacomans).  My mother would not allow my sister and I to go there unaccompanied, because that is where all the hoods hung out!  But they had the best black licorice ice cream I ever tasted.

OH!  And I think there was an Ice Creamery across from the piano place in the mall that I took lesson at when I lived in Seattle.  I only think this because I remember trying that Black Licorice Ice Cream.  I didn't really like it, but it was really cool just how black and gray and it would make your teeth and tongue.

*They also had Bubble Gum Ice Cream that had bits of bubble gum in it.  Of course, ice-cream-cold bubble gum doesn't really "chew".  You sort of had to store it in your cheeks - like a chipmunk - until you had enough bits of gum, and until it had warmed up enough to be chewable.

*Oh, and there was an Orange Julius stand next to the ice cream place too. :)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up