Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FANCY FREE  (Read 83190 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FANCY FREE
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were both fancy and free, and now it is time for you to post until the fancy and free cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FANCY FREE
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: DAEDAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:51 AM »

And now, the new Kritzerland release!  You know the routine - if you'd like a copy, go directly to paypal.com, put in our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net - price, as always, is 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

“NOBODY MESSES WITH BULLDOG STREIGER!”

Kritzerland is proud to present its newest limited edition soundtrack, the world premiere release of Bank Shot, music composed and conducted by John Morris.

Bank Shot, adapted from the comic caper novel by Donald E. Westlake, starred George C. Scott as incorrigible criminal Walter Upjohn Ballentine, who, with his motley crew, decide to pull a big bank shot by abducting a bank – literally moving it from one location to another (the bank is being temporarily housed in a motor home).  The film, directed by the great director/choreographer, Gower Champion, was not a success – it was poorly reviewed and disappeared from movie screens instantly, lost amidst a rather incredible year of film releases – 1974 turned out to be one of Hollywood’s all-time best, with such films as The Godfather II, Chinatown, Lenny, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, The Towering Inferno, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, The Conversation, Murder On The Orient Express, well, you get the idea.  With films like those, audiences simply weren’t interested in a farcical, over-the-top, manic comic caper film.  Watching it now is a somewhat different experience, and the film actually has a lot of fun and funny moments, and is quite entertaining.

The score to Bank Shot was written by the great John Morris, composer of such great film scores as The Producers, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Silent Movie, High Anxiety (all Mel Brooks films), David Lynch’s The Elephant Man, Clue, The In-Laws, and many others.  Choosing a very circus-like stylistic approach to the film (which itself is like a three-ring circus), Morris’ themes are delightfully melodic and fun, and perfectly suited the film.  Much of his score, however, was truncated, moved around, or dialed so low in the mix that it may as well not have been there at all.   But hearing it as it was recorded, and all in film order, it’s a wonderful listening experience, a score that simply makes you smile, and which, on occasion, sounds like a big Gower Champion production number. 

For this world premiere release of Bank Shot, we’ve gone from the original three-track session masters and we’ve included every note of music Morris wrote for the film, as well as two alternate versions of the main title music.

So, join Walter Upjohn Ballentine and his merry troupe of inept cohorts for the Bank Shot of a lifetime, all set to the merry music of the masterful John Morris. 

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship by the first week of October – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:21:32 AM »

The cover art is by the great Jack Davis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com to the delightfully delightful Swishy Sarah.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 12:43:57 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to former DR §wishy §arah!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »

I just ordered "Bank Shot"...it's a good thing that I just got paid (direct deposit, you know). :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 02:13:42 AM »

A VERY HAPPY HHW BIRTHDAY
TO DR SWISHY SARAH!!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 02:16:13 AM »

~~~SMOOTH & EASY TRAVEL VIBES~~~
for DR elmore3003!!!!!!!!

~~~SMOOTH & EASY TRAVEL VIBES~~~
for Skip!!!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 02:17:29 AM »

AND MAY DR elmore3003's reading go smoothly, with no Sturm und Drang!!!!!!!      :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:05:36 AM by DAW »

DAW

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 02:18:30 AM »

~~~VIBES OF STRENGTH & FORTITUDE~~~
for DR Cillaliz, her friend Steve, and his family!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »

~~~PT VIBES~~~
for DR Matt H. this morning!!!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 03:46:24 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept poorly - it took forever for me to fall asleep - and when the alarm went off at 5 am, I stayed in bed until 5:30, debating whether I wanted to get up. So, I'm bathed and ready to pack. Then I'll work until around 10 am on Brent's album. At that point I will clear off my work table and move it out of George's way. I am hoping that I will return tomorrow night and find the bookshelves all finished, but I am totally dependent upon his schedule and his health.

Around 11:30, I will head out. I need to stop at the bank, then grab a taxi to Penn Station. The train's at 1 and I like to be there early.

DR Jose, the reading is in the Coolidge Auditorium of the LoC. I do believe the Sturm und Drang are over. But the fates always have little tricks up their sleeves, so we'll see.

Happy Birthday to DR Swishy Sarah! Am I wrong, but isn't she finishing college soon?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Safe Travel Vibes to Skip Today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:37 AM »

Hey, Mr. Barnum, I don't think there will be pictures of the new chairs anytime soon. We have camera troubles as well. Anthony's 10 year old digital is giving up the ghost. We haven't gotten a new one yet so until that happens no chair pictures.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 05:41:27 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I believe my niece and her cousin are currently in the air and en route to Tampa, FL.

*And Uncle Jojo is trying to decided whether to take a short nap right now, or not. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:57:57 AM »

When did I eat my very first hamburger and hot dog?

I'm 68 years old, and I haven't the slightest idea.

;)
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 06:01:21 AM »

Vibes for the family of the friend of DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 06:01:41 AM »

Buck Creek Players.

No I will not be going, thank you very much.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:04:06 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I'm sure that the first hamburgers and hot dogs I ever ate were at a cookout or picnic of some sorts.  I do remember McDonald's hamburgers, but I do remember wanting to see how juicy a Wendy's hamburger was after watching all those "napkin" commercials.  -And they were square too, instead of round.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05:40 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day (Part Deux)...

As for the best burger or hot dog... Hmmm....  The "best" is usually the one I'm having at the time while at a table with some good friends.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY 'SWISHY' SARAH!  May I have the first birthday dance?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:06 AM »

The first burger I remember from outside our homestead was from a McDonald's in D.C. before the chain had spread to every street corner.  It was wrapped tightly in some foil-like wrapping, and really messy through and through, and thus quite delicious.

I also remember the burger at an all-you-can-eat restaurant in Florida called The Painted Horse.  We were taken there by our delightful Cousin Yetta and her family.  (I think Yetta was her nickname, but I've never been sure.)  Perhaps, as with Jose's best burgers being the ones at a table with good friends, it's the memory of the company of our wonderful family in Florida that makes those particular burgers so memorable.

Skip's burgers based on a NY Times recipe have been quite amazing as well!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:27:37 AM by FJL »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: DAEDAL!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  NO MORE CANDY

FJL

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:24 AM »

Happy birthday to dear Swishy Sarah

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 06:27:13 AM »

Happy Birthday to Swishy!

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:18 AM »

There is a chain in Canada called Harvey's. I love their hamburgers!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:26 AM »

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SWISHY SWISHY SWISHY SARAH

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 06:42:48 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Swishy Sarah!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »

~~~PT VIBES~~~
for DR Matt H. this morning!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, DR DAW. I am curious about what's in store today. There really has been minimal improvement since I was there last week (though quality of sleep as improved a bit), so maybe I'll get some new exercises. I can't see being there the hour that last week's first appointment required.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 06:44:28 AM »

Good morning!

We didn't get the forecasted rain yesterday, but it must have rained gently during the night since the driveway was wet when I went out to get the newspaper this morning. It's raining now softly and it's refreshingly cool. I hope it stays that way this week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up