Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FANCY FREE  (Read 83211 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: FANCY FREE
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »

Another spotty night of sleep: about 5 1/2 hours all told. I certainly could use more.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 06:46:59 AM »

Unless something arrives in the mail today, I have the day off from work. I have completely cleared out my stack of discs though I expect the empty stack won't last long. I have at least three TV box sets and several movies I know I'm supposed to get. The only question is when they'll arrive.

After that marathon THE HUMAN CONDITION, I wouldn't actually mind a day off. But if something comes in, I will go back to work.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 06:49:01 AM »

TOD:

My first hamburger more than likely was home-cooked by my dad or mom, but my first restaurant fare probably came from Geno's, a local chain that was generally preferred by my family because they also sold Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Everybody goes to Geno's,
'Cause Geno's is the place to go!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 06:49:15 AM »

My goodness, with NURSE JACKIE, THE CLOSER, and RAISING THE BAR all finished for the summer, there is nothing new for me to watch tonight. If I have the day off, I'll have last night's MAD MEN to watch at some point today. And I'll likely watch more episodes of LIE TO ME.

Wouldn't mind watching a Blu-ray movie either. ALEXANDER REVISITED maybe or GHOSTBUSTERS or DOG DAY AFTERNOON. Lots of choices.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »

~~~PT VIBES~~~
for DR Matt H. this morning!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much, DR DAW. I am curious about what's in store today. There really has been minimal improvement since I was there last week (though quality of sleep as improved a bit), so maybe I'll get some new exercises. I can't see being there the hour that last week's first appointment required.

I hope the progress continues, DR Matt H!

My shoulder is still bothering me from the crutches, and I'm certain that's part of my poor sleeping as well. I don't know if I need physical therapy or just let it work its way out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:54:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »

TOD:

I'm sure my first hamburger and hot dog were cooked by my mother and eaten at home. We had hamburgers once a week for dinner (hot dogs less often but more often for Saturday lunch).

As for those foods being eaten elsewhere, I'd rather have a Burger King WHopper than any other fast food. I think their burgers are the best going.

Woolworth's lunch counter used to have the best hot dogs I'd ever tasted. But there are no more Woolworth's around here.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »

~~~PT VIBES~~~
for DR Matt H. this morning!!!!!!!!

I hope the progress continues, DR Matt H!

Thank you so much, DR DAW. I am curious about what's in store today. There really has been minimal improvement since I was there last week (though quality of sleep as improved a bit), so maybe I'll get some new exercises. I can't see being there the hour that last week's first appointment required.

Thank you, DR Elmore. I appreciate the thought. I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »

I saw the list of Daytime Emmy winners, and since I had no great fondness for any of those winners, I'll just delete last night's show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »

I saw the list of Daytime Emmy winners, and since I had no great fondness for any of those winners, I'll just delete last night's show.

I know Ron Raines was there, although he wasn't nominated this year. Perhaps he and the rest of the GUIDING LIGHT cast wanted to make a bid to the network for renewal. Or did he sing? What do I know? Last thing I knew was that he'd tasken Charlotte back to college in Ann Arbor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 07:01:06 AM »

TOD (2):

Favorite Hamburger:  generally, I like the blackened hockey pucks that are served up at backyard barbecues.  But my favorite restaurant burgers are the juicy steakburgers from a place called Ove's in Ocean City, NJ.  My only complaint about them is that they are a little too big (about 1/2 a pound) and they are served on a huge bun--a bit much to eat.

Favorite Hot Dog:  again, I like picnic charred dogs (with lots of mustard, relish and raw onions.  Can't think of a commercially served dog that I prefer.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:38 AM »

I've cleaned up my drafting table, which serves as my writing desk, and put it away so George, if he comes in, can do the repairs to the shelves without getting caught between it and bookcases. Now that all that is done, I'm completely bored, waiting for my exit from the City.

DAW

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »

Like DR Druxy, have no recollection of the FIRST hamburger or hot dog.

One chain hamburger that I remember liking a lot was a place called Fuddruckers.  Don't know if they're still about, but they were good.      :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:19 AM »

I used to like the hamburger called the Brawny Lad at Big Boy's.....not sure what was in the sauce, but it was unique.  The bun was also toasted in a special way.

Right now I think the Burger King Double Cheeseburger or Whopper is my favorite.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:56 AM »

Oh I forgot Rally's.  Nice burgers.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2009, 07:14:21 AM »

I must head down now to finish getting ready to head off to PT.

WBBL.

Laura

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:24 AM »

My cholesterol level doesn't allow for hamburgers, but when I do splurge (once or twice a year), I like Jack in the Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »

I like the taste of the burgers at Wendy's but they are incredibly greasy.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »

Finances preclude me from pre ordering the new Kritzerland release at this time.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »

Happy Birthday to Swishy!
You can dream…or you can do.

td

• td
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »

The first hamburger CHAIN I remember having a burger at was White Castle.  There were so many White Castle's in this area when I was growing up. 
Almost as abundant was WINKY'S.  Most of the Winky's (a McDonalds-like chain) were gone by 1976, but, there was one single one close to the apartment I lived in for five years, which went out of business in the late 80s.
Hot Dogs?  Well, I'm sure that Dad treated me to a hot dog or two on our excursions to the Pirates games at Forbes Field.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »

DAW

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:18 AM »

I used to like the hamburger called the Brawny Lad at Big Boy's..... The bun was also toasted in a special way.

I'll bet it was!         ;)

td

• td
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »

DR DAW - I first encountered FUDDRUCKERS in South Carolina.  They tried opening a few here in Pittsburgh, but were not successful at all.  There's still one here according to their website:
http://www.fuddruckers.com/locations.php

DAW

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »

Thanks, DR td!!!!!   Isn't that funny.... there is a Fuddrucker's in the little nothing of a town in Northern NJ that my mother lives in now.

We'll have to make a point of going there the next time I go to visit her!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2009, 08:03:22 AM »

There's been a Fuddrucker's in Voorhees, NJ for about 30 years.  Years ago, my friends and I would go there because they stayed open to very late hours.

Did anyone ever go to Burger Chef?  They were all over the place in NJ when I was a youngen, but I don't recall ever having been to one.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »

I'm taping GUIDING LIGHT for DR Dakotacelt, so I've got it on as background. Is there a lesbian plot going on? Did I hear something and misinterpret? I'll have to call Ron when I'm back from DC.

I'm shutting down the computer, so I'll see you all late tomorrow or Wednesday. Hugs to everyone!

DAW

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2009, 08:09:43 AM »

Is there a lesbian plot going on? Did I hear something and misinterpret? 

If you heard the word "toolbelt," or DR JMK's name, then you probably didn't.

Misinterpret, that is.        ;D

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Today is the final day of Rob's move from Cincinnati and my task is to prepare his welcome-home dinner.  We have gloriously cool weather  :D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:48 AM »

There's always a lesbian plot going on.

Them crafty lesbians...
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up