Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FANCY FREE  (Read 83194 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: FANCY FREE
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »

Pain free vibes & sleep filled nights for DR elmore!

Jane

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure my first hamburgers were at home.  My mother made delicious hamburgers, much better than my friend's mother's made.

My favorite hamburgers out were at Stat's.  I think I spelled that correctly.  I can't find any old memories online.  It was a sad day for me when they closed.  They had the best thousand island type dressing on their burgers.

Laura

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2009, 10:37:37 AM »

I still can't remember what that funny thing was they said last night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »

Bruce, did you work with John Morris at all in preparing the tracks for CD?   Doesn't he live in your neck of the woods?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »

There's been a Fuddrucker's in Voorhees, NJ for about 30 years.  Years ago, my friends and I would go there because they stayed open to very late hours.

Did anyone ever go to Burger Chef?  They were all over the place in NJ when I was a youngen, but I don't recall ever having been to one.

A Burger Chef opened in Greenville SC back in the early 1960s.   It was a pretty good place for a 15-cent burger.  It did great business but "changed into" a MacDonald's after that franchise bought Burger Chef (at least, in my neck of the woods).  The prices were the same, so it didn't seem like much of a change.  But I could "taste" a difference, I thought.  I liked Burger Chef's chocolate milk shakes better than MacDonald's.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »

I am also a huge fan of White Castle.   Nothing better than a bag of White Castle burgers, onion chips and fries, and a HUGE chocolate shake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

Back from a three-mile jog, which is all I could take in this smoky air.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »

Just because.....

A Journey to A Star
Would not be very far
As long as I'm alone with you.

Romantic as we are,
A Journey to a Star
Could start before the dawn breaks through

You're right beside my heart
Our lips are just a kiss apart
And we could make a dream come true.

A moment of your love
Could have the feeling of
A Journey to A Star with you.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:45:25 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »

Jane is right about Stats - great burgers, and I wrote about the cheeseburger, probably in Benjamin Kritzer.  They put the cheese INSIDE the burger, so when you cut into it or bit into it, it would come out.  I loved that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »

Ron, John actually remembered nothing about the music or the film, so could be of no help.  It's going to be all I can do to get him to do an interview.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »

Ron, John actually remembered nothing about the music or the film, so could be of no help.  It's going to be all I can do to get him to do an interview.

Oh....I see.  Bless his heart!   :D

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »

Growing up in Greenville SC, the one place we normally went for hot dogs was a drive-in called Hinton's.  I can't think of Hinton's without thinking of late afternoons-early evenings because the light of day was always waning whenever we went to Hinton's, and I can visualize the white and blue neon lights of the signs there getting brighter as the light of day diminished.
Ron-

I worked most of my life For Wamsutta and our Manufacturing Plant was in Lyman South Carolina .My fondest memories is eating The Hamburgers and Pulled Pork Sandwiches at THE BEACON DRIVE-IN in Spartanburg.

Did you ever experience that experience?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:31:13 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

DAW

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »

It felt good to write that out, and many thanks for the nice words.  Also, apologies to those for whom it was TMI!

That was a great story, Ron.  Thanks for sharing. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »

How can people remember their first burger??  Anyway, there are so many restaurants that have great burgers.  For fast food burgers, I do love (in no particular order) the Whopper (Burger King), Big Mac and Big 'N Tasty (McDonald's) and Jumbo Jack (Jack in the Box), as well as the Quesadilla Burger from Applebee's (I love this!) and several different burgers from Red Robin.  A couple of local places that I love are are Eagan's and Norma's. 

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »

When we first moved to Olympia in 1976, there was a place called Norm's Drive-In and all it was was a burger stand and a gravel parking lot.  There were a couple of picnic tables and that's it.  It was also in an areal that had almost no other businesses around.  Anyway, they had the absolute best burgers ever!  The area started to be developed and eventually they disappeared.  Several years ago, a place called Norma's (mentioned above) opened pretty close to where my parents live.  It has indoor seating, but otherwise seemed VERY similar to what Norm's used to be like...and the kinds of burgers that they offered.  I REALLY like Norma's, but I don't go there as often as I'd like because most times that I go to my parents' house, it's for dinner.

George

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »

Another place that I liked was called Rucker's in Packwood, WA.  It's about two hours away from Olympia, and I only went there when I was an emergency substitute courier for the library.  They had Pa Burger that had to be AT LEAST eight, count 'em EIGHT inches in diameter!  It was a very thin burger patty and the bun was also appropriately thin (but not too thin) and it was delicious!  They also had a slightly smaller Ma Burger.  I only went there a couple of times because I was only an emergency substitute courier...meaning "other duties as assigned" and I wasn't going to go all the way to Packwood just for a burger.

Laura

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »

This is Ginny. Ginny and her family will be staying with us for a couple of months.

George

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

And now, I'm very hungry and am going to McDonald's for lunch.  I have a coupon for to get free medium fries and a drink with the purchase of their new Angus third pounder.  Free is good (too bad it's not for a free burger, though ::).

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »

DH Richard just pulled up in the redneck pick-up truck with Rob's bed, dresser, and desk in the back.  Rob will be along shortly in my Vibe with his desk chair in the back and his move will be complete.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

DR Laura, I'm honored to have a cat mama named after me!  Ah-choo!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

Jane is right about Stats - great burgers, and I wrote about the cheeseburger, probably in Benjamin Kritzer.  They put the cheese INSIDE the burger, so when you cut into it or bit into it, it would come out.  I loved that.

Right, the cheeseburger.  I wish I knew why the dressing was so special.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »

The dressing WAS goooood.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »

Back from shipping a few packages in advance of the many packages that go out tomorrow.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

...I like picnic charred dogs (with lots of mustard, relish and raw onions.  Can't think of a commercially served dog that I prefer.

If the bun is nicely toasted I'll join you!

der Brucer

The LA area gay bars (well, the Leather and Western type) usually had Saturday beer busts with grill them your self hot dogs on the patio. One of the few places you could get your dog properly charred.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »

DR Laura I saw the quote before the photos and was surprised to see "yes".  I love Ginny's expression and look forward to the naming of the new kittens.  They all look very sweet.  I can't wait to see their faces.

Laura

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »

Ginny was turned in Friday afternoon, and the kittens were born before Saturday morning. So they are pretty fresh.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:34:42 PM by Laura »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »

PT had good and anxious omoents. The good was a "laying on" hands massage/stretching activity that was so wonderful, so soothing I told the therapist that I thought I could fall asleep while he was stretching and massaging my spine. Sadly, in ten minutes it was over, and I was back to aching.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »

TOD - in addition to The Jug, the burger place right up the street from us, we are fond of Culver's and Five Guys.  Richard first discovered Five Guys in Delafield, WI, near his seminary, long before they were made famous when NBC spent the day with President Obama.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

He mentioned that an orthopedist may be my next step unless there is some notable improvement. This caused me some anxiety. It's only been TWO weeks, and we're already thinking about alternative methodology? I'm not sure my insurance company is ready to go for that yet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up