Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE  (Read 12848 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:27 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »

At last!
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »

I am back from our family dinner.

I am guessing others are still doing the same or at services.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »

It is a beautiful fall evening here in Tacoma.  Blue skies and 79 degrees.  Of course, it is supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »

I see that elmore is back.  How was the service?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »

I am missing two opening nights, tonight.  THE MOUSETRAP and THE PRODUCERS.  Fortunately they are not sharing the same stage!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2009, 06:41:24 PM »

T.O.D.

DVD - I still haven't watched THE LAST STARFIGHTER that I got from Netflix last week.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »

Back from a way too long vocal session - it doesn't help to have people in the room who don't understand the recording vibe, and despite the singers rehearsing yesterday, none of them were really secure, so it was pretty endless.  I think we got what we needed but it took two hours longer than the longest I thought we'd be going.  Therefore, I got none of my afternoon stuff done.  Very annoying.  Add to that that at around two I was checking stuff on my iPhone when the phone literally just went black.  I pushed the circle button - nothing.  Power - nothing.  Dead as a doornail.  I'm on the phone with Apple now - they're troubleshooting but so far nothing is working - very annoying.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »

I am drunk on my ass. After the memorial, which ended at 4:30, there was a reception for performers and speakers at Il Bottino on 24th and 10th Avenue. The hors d'ouevres were tasty, the bar was free and I drank too much. I got to spend quality time with many wonderful glorious people today. As to the tribute, it was moving, funny, touching, outrageous and very sentimental. Jason Graae sang and camped his way outrageously through Jerome Kern's funny "Napoleon," principal cellist of the Met Orchestra Jerry Grossman played Victor Herbert's "Legende" for cello and piano beautifully, his wife the wonderful soprano Korliss Uecker sang the hell out of my favorite Victor Herbert song "Barney O'Flynn." Teresa Stratas, looking fantastic at 71, talking about false friends who drop you, told about John McGlinn calling her every day after the surgery that lost her voice, never to say "you'll get it back," but to talk to her about everything but her anguish and how much she respected that and his concerns for her. As soon as Rebecca Luker and George Dvorsky began "Till the Clouds Roll By," I teared up, my friend Betty Auman talking about John and reading a letter from the ailing Russell Warner in Seattle totally lost it. It was all quite lovely and I hope the audience who was there fro the 2.5 hours had a wonderful time.

So, now I'm drunk and ready for bed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:14:17 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2009, 06:51:28 PM »

Sounds like it was exactly what it should have been, DR ELMORE. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »

Thanks for sharing!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »

Waiting for THE SOUP and being bored out of his mind by the Khardashian whores.

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  I was at Atrium Medical Center before 7:30am to help set up for the American Association of Grant Professionals' regional conference, which was a huge success.  My only official responsibility was to moderate the panel of grantmakers who spoke for the first hour after lunch.  There wasn't much for me to do, between their thorough presentations and the audience members' excellent questions.

Took a nap as soon as I got home and woke up just before niece Lauren arrived to join us for pizza dinner and a lesson in iMovie from her cousin Rob.  She's on the road now and I'm trying to stay awake for "I'm home safe" text message.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2009, 07:00:27 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for the report on today's service.  Between that and getting your home environment back together, I hope you're able to rest tonight and over the weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »

I am drunk on my ass. After the memorial, which ended at 4:30, there was a reception for performers and speakers at Il Bottino on 24th and 10th Avenue. The hors d'ouevres were tasty, the bar was free and I drank too much. I got to spend quality time with many wonderful glorious people today. As to the tribute, it was moving, funny, touching, outrageous and very sentimental. Jason Graae sang and camped his way outrageously through Jerome Kern's funny "Napoleon," principal cellist of the Met Orchestra Jerry Grossman played Victor Herbert's "Legende" for cello and piano beautifully, his wife the wonderful soprano Korliss Uecker sang the hell out of my favorite Victor Herbert song "Barney O'Flynn." Teresa Stratas, looking fantastic at 71, talking about false friends who drop you, told about John McGlinn calling her every day after the surgery that lost her voice, never to say "you'll get it back," but to talk to her about everything but her anguish and how much she respected that and his concerns for her. As soon as Rebecca Luker and George Dvorsky began "Till the Clouds Roll By," I teared up, my friend Betty Auman talking about John and reading a letter from the ailing Russell Warner in Seattle totally lost it. It was all quite lovely and I hope the audience who was there fro the 2.5 hours had a wonderful time.

So, now I'm drunk and ready for bed.

Sleep well, elmore, you deserve it!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Lauren's home and I'm crashing - 'night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

Sounds like it was a lovely service, Larry.  Sleep well!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »

I notice the good news that WB finally has release Casablanca as a single release without all the things found oin the gift box. I rather just have the movie instead what they have to offer. BUT it took them 9 months to do so.

NOW
If they can do the same thing for The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind. Both of these films should look spectacular in Hi Def.

TWOZ is being release this Tuesday and only in the gift box if one wants it in BR. Gone With the WInd sometime in November I believe and also in a gift box. I hope we won't have to wait 9 months for these to show up as just disc release.

I hope they don't do this to Ben-Hur. What can they offer in a gift box. A replica of tickets to the chariot race? A replica of the chains that Ben-Hur wore in the galley? Don't need it!!

You can get both THE WIZARD OF OZ and GONE WITH THE WIND on Blu-ray from Amazon.uk. without all the doo-dads. Warners BDs play in all BD players, and the price of the two together from the UK plus shipping is cheaper that the Amazon price on one of the special boxes here. Many people are doing this.

Does that mean they are region free??

Yes, that is what I have been told.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »

Thanks so much for the report on the service, DR Elmore. Sounds like everything came off well.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »

I did not go out this evening. I had been fighting aches and soreness all afternoon, and when I started dressing and my hand started throbbing, I just took it as a sign I should leave.

It was a good decision as I was most uncomfortable for much of the evening. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »

They couldn't give me an appointment at the Apple Store until Monday - I just went over there with my case number.  I got a guy to help me right away and he got the phone to power on by holding the circle button and the power button down for ten seconds at the same time.  Why Apple support didn't know to do that is anyone's guess.  They suggested I do a system restore via iTunes, which is what I'm doing now - they assured me that I wouldn't lose any settings.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Since my hand was giving me fits today and tonight, I decided on comfort viewing: simply rewatching episodes of shows I've seen so I wouldn't have to keep up with intricacies of the plot and could just sort of veg out.

I began with my CASTLE episode of the night, the wonderful one with a kidnapped little girl and the return of Beckett's former boy friend played by the incredibly handsome Bailey Chase.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »

And since I enjoy star Nathan Fillion so much, I pulled FIREFLY off the shelf and watched the penultimate epsode of that show. This is the one where the guys are asked to defend a brothel under attack by a land baron who claims one of the girls is carrying his baby. The baron is played by Fredric Lane, another favorite of mine.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

Then, I thought I'd watch some BURN NOTICE on Blu-ray. I hadn't rewatched any of these episode since I reviewed the set some months ago.

I watched two episodes. One had Michael mixed up with the Russian mob who were hiding a bunch of girls being used to extort money from their relatives. The other was the one where Michael's mother guilted him into attending counseling with her. Of course, once they got there, he turned the tables on her and she ended up feeling self conscious.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

Oh, boy, I'm really tired, so I'm going to head downstairs and hopefully will have a LONG night's sleep.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »

Didn't quite save everything - whatever was in my iTunes on the phone is gone and I can't figure out how to manually tell it what I want back - can someone help with simple instructions so I don't have to get a headache looking for it on the Internet?

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

Hmm...I watched GLEE tonight, but I really didn't care much for it.

I am going to give MELROSE PLACE  few more episodes before I decide on it. I like the storylines, but I wish the characters weren't all so young...even the police detectives on last night's episdode looked like they were about 18 years old.

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »

I am boiling a chicken thigh and will soon resume my DVD of classic science fiction trailers.

I love old movie trailers.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »

It's eight o'clock and I should be at home!  So, that's where I'm going. :)

I set my DVR to record a whole bunch of things today.  I hope that it all got recorded.  I don't remember how much room was available on my DVR and hope that there wasn't too much to record...some of the oldest shows that I'd saved could get deleted! 

Until later!

But before I go...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up