Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK SANS COMPUTER  (Read 45961 times)

td

• td
Re:BK SANS COMPUTER
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2004, 03:01:53 PM »

Oops!  (that's SPOO backwards) almost forgot to mention that today is
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]CHRISTOPHER MELONI'S BIRTHDAY! [/move]

Here's hoping he doesn't get a new suit. . .the birthday suit he has is just fine with his fans   :o
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2004, 03:08:32 PM »

Do I have to do EVERYTHING???

PAGE SIX DANCE!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ::)  ::)  ::) [/move]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 03:10:38 PM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2004, 03:12:25 PM »

I'm off to take the wonderdog to the vet. Perhaps td, who seems to have pom-pom and tray experience, can take over cheerleading duties for me while I'm gone.

Danise

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2004, 03:35:09 PM »

Any missing kitty news?  I can't stand the thought of a missing pet.  If it was one of my babies, I'd freak.

I think my four O'clocks are starting to grow!  :)  I looked at my garden before I got into the van and thought I saw little green specks.  Yay!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2004, 03:38:07 PM »

CD: Now I've got on a compilation of disco and dance "covers" of show tunes, such as Gordon Grody's Ballad of Sweeney Todd, Gloria Gaynor's I Am What I Am and Debbie Gravite's Turkey Lurkey Time as recorded by our own e & t BK.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2004, 03:42:49 PM »

td, I haven't play the CD yet, so I don't know how many have the verse. and I'm certainly not going to listen to them all in one sitting.

Tomovoz...And did you miss the media when you were free of it?  When travelling without computers I find out  howlittle I miss them.  Same with TV.  Though I've never done total media free, I sometimes think it might be a blessing (I would have to have music though).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 03:43:45 PM by Charles Pogue »

Robin

« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2004, 03:56:28 PM »

My fave Rozsa is "Thief of Bagdad"; when will we get a CD release of that great score?

Varese Sarabande did a CD of that score, plus The Jungle Book in the mid-eighties.  Elmer Bernstein did a terrific re-recording LP that has yet to make it onto CD, and is actually better.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2004, 04:05:01 PM »

Tomovoz...And did you miss the media when you were free of it?  When travelling without computers I find out  howlittle I miss them.  Same with TV.

Sometimes, getting the heck away from the computer, the teevee and anything that even looks like a cathode ray tube is a balm to the soul.  

Every once in a while, my inner Luddite really comes to the surface....

Robin

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2004, 04:11:07 PM »

Barnes and Noble just posted my review of Kritzer Time.  

Michael

« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2004, 04:21:39 PM »

Need to add some cd to my weekend listening list. Anne Runolfsson, Craig Rubano, Helen Reddy and Lisa Richard's Virgin Tracks
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2004, 04:22:20 PM »

And I meant to say that Bruce Kimmel is one of Lisa Richard's Virgin Tracks.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2004, 04:23:46 PM »

I am close to being a millennium man, but I don't feel a day over forty.
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2004, 04:35:53 PM »

Media Free. I did miss the contact with some friends as it is the only contact we have.
I forgot to take tapes for the car and the radio was there but Country news broadcasts about the price of wool bales were not that interesting. The silence was good as was the thinking time.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2004, 05:11:44 PM »

I'm back. My pom-poms are starting to wilt after shaking them around all day, so, Dear Readers,  why not just post until the heifer's return to Capistrano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2004, 05:50:22 PM »

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  My computer is like a whole new machine!  So fast, so easy, everything working perfectly.  Hoo and ray.  Now I have to catch up on yesterday's later posts and all of today's.  I'll be back shortly.  I MISSED YOU ALL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2004, 06:05:30 PM »

Lovely postings all!  You've done yourselves proud.  I can't tell you what a difference there is in this computer.  Everything looks brighter and better and is so smooth.  I'll have complete details in tomorrow's notes about what the actual problems were.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2004, 06:17:54 PM »

I.  I MISSED YOU ALL!

And, dearest BK, we missed you today as well!  Welcome back.  I hope you're going to hire a masseur to put DR Panni back together after all her fierce gymnastics.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »

Roger also sent me Sam's Jukebox, a compliation of 22 different versions of AS TIME GOES BY.  The artists: Dooley Wilson, Billie Holiday, Louis Prima, Peggy Lee, Tony Bennett, Lee wiley, The flamingos, Shirley Bassey, Karaoke version, Bing Crosby, Julie London , Vic Damone, Spike Jones, Jamey Aebersold, Chet Baker, The Duprees.  Carly Simon, Frank sinatra, Rosie Clooney, Babs Streisand, Larry Adler, Steve Goodman.

That would make the perfect birthday (April 21st) gift for Keith.  Any chance I could get one of those?

td

• td
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »

I MISSED YOU ALL!

We missed you, too!
DR Panni did a bang-up job of keeping the home fries burning; I merely served the home fires whilst shaking my pom-poms and balancing my tray.   8)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

Welcome back Bruce! :) :D

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2004, 07:02:26 PM »

Yep I will second and third it.  DR Panni did a good job.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2004, 07:21:52 PM »

That she did. :)

Tonight we are going to watch the first half of LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.

Goodnight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2004, 07:41:08 PM »

Oh, and Ron - that's what makes horse racing.  Diane just doesn't do it for me, and not because it's not Ben-Hur or King of Kings or whatever.  It just doesn't get to me like other Rozsa scores.  Not all Rozsa is top-drawer in my opinion (IMO, in Internet lingo) - I've found a few of the FSM releases to be a bore.  The one that REALLY did it for me and is one of his best, I think, is Moonfleet.  THAT'S a score that gets to me.

My favorite Rozsa's tend not to be the historical things at all, but are things like Double Indemnity and his other noirs, and The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes and Providence (a masterpiece).  Of the biblical scores, King of Kings is my fave.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2004, 08:08:51 PM »

There isn't much Rozsa that I don't love.

Well, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to get to LOST IN TRANSLATION during this calendar year. After I finished THE NUN'S STORY, I got curious about IN WHICH WE SERVE. I'm reading Noel Coward's diaries now, and got right past the point where the film won the NY Film Critics Best Film prize. I've had it on laserdisc forever but had never gotten around to watching it until tonight. Involving to be sure, but a smaller scale CAVALCADE on a naval ship was really all it was. I'm sure for people at the time of its release, it was heartbreaking and beautiful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2004, 08:10:02 PM »

Der Brucer and I are both sorry for being e & t today.  He's been busy working, I've been interviewing for jobs, we've together been hithering and thithering and yon-ing until we started yawning.

DVD Player: Brother Bear, and a whole collection of Muppet things that were a bargain at WalMart.  Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, and twelve eps of The Muppet Show on four CDs.  We had to go back to get copies for the grandlads!

Nothing on the CD player just now, because we've been listening to a bunch of LPs!  Yes, the turntable is hooked up, and we've been listening to some records by Jimmy Webb lately.  Songs like "Asleep on the Wind" and "The Highwayman."  Love his stuff!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2004, 08:30:49 PM »

I'm too am glad bk is back! Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about my cheerleading today. I never did it in high school, so it was nice to get a chance a few short years decades later.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2004, 08:45:58 PM »

Glad to have you back, BK!  You should know by now that you owe DR Panni a dinner at her favorite eatery for her display of service beyond the call of duty (or was it duty beyond the call of service?)

Congrats on finally exorcizing your PC demons.  It's always great to sit down in front of a freshly loaded machine--like driving a new car.

In all the frenzy and confusion and folderol of the day, I forgot about my own media report:

CD (at home) David Byrne's Rei Momo

On the radio right now:  Echoes

Tonight I watched The Major and the Minor on TCM.  There was a strange "technical difficulty" I've never seen occur before:  at various parts of the movie, the video froze while the soundtrack continued.   Most of times that this happened it was only about 30 seconds or so in length, though the longest was close to three to four minutes.  It was becoming very irritating.  I wanted to ask for my money back, but of course, there was no one to ask.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 08:49:51 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2004, 08:54:16 PM »

Or, Ha ha, T.B. is tuberculosis!

.........and people wonder why I use my middle intial, too?

I know what you mean, my man.  Bill Orr = B. O.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2004, 09:24:42 PM »

But BFO = boffo.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2004, 09:27:42 PM »

BK...even non-top-drawer Rozsa is usually far better than most for me...But I think my 3 fav Rozsa might be 3 you mentioned...Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Providence, and Moonfleet.  I also like the concert pieces that both Private Life and Providence are based on.   But he is my favourite, favourite composer...bar none.  It's that Gypsy in his soul that really knows how to make a violin cry, I think.  I think I mentioned in my unseemly interview that my single best day in Hollywood was attending his memorial service.  Wonderful tributes; exquisite music.

By the by, I will not be attending the Ray Court show tomorrow (if it is tomorrow). I'm behind in my work and, if I have to miss one, this is it.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up