Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MY HEAD IS DOING A LINDA BLAIR  (Read 16006 times)

Kerry

Re: MY HEAD IS DOING A LINDA BLAIR
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »

Hope everyone is feeling better by tonight!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2009, 08:56:03 PM »

OOHH-- page 8 dance!!!
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »

Good Evening!

What a day this has been!
What a rare mood I'm in!

-Oh, sorry, wrong musical... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »

As for Finian's Rainbow...

I started smiling as soon as the Overture started... And I'm still smiling.

It's a beautiful, old-fashioned show... which happens to be serendipitously timely.

I really could gush and gush, but I think the best thing I could say about the show would be:

If I had enough money to fly every DR to NYC to see this production, I would.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »

Try to work on that, would you, Jose?
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2009, 09:19:57 PM »

DR elmore - Thank You!  And Congratulations!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »

The Vixter and her musical theatre class whent to See Bye Bye Birdie today - she was very excited becaue they are usually sitting in the rafters but today, to her delight,  she was in row G orchestra

The show was as great success in her eyes - she said that girls inthe audience were screaming like the girls on stage during Conrad's numbers - (which is enought to keep ME from going to see that show) and Conrad was Hotter than HOT!!!

This performance was apparenetly a special school performance becaue they had a talk back after the show which the Vixter was pleased and surprised to see was attended by the entire cast - stars included

Unfortunately in the excitement of it all she failed to collect the promised extra playbills for JRand

And what did the Vixter think of Bill Irwin? :-)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »

It's a beautiful, old-fashioned show... which happens to be serendipitously timely.

I really could gush and gush, but I think the best thing I could say about the show would be:

DR Jose, that is a fantastic review! I find the score so sublime that when the show gets to a great song like "Look to the Rainbow" or "Something Sort of Grandish," I get all teary. Even the comedy numbers get my eyes all watery. And when Terri White launches into "Necessity," it's complete nirvana.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »

Harry Secombe. Ahhhh...I love his voice.
Ahhhh. . .and I do love me some Florence Henderson!  And Frank Poretta, too!

I even like me some Toralv!

Did you know that Frank Poretta's son was the star of TNT's Robin Hood series a few years back? Just as cute as his daddy! In fact, his daddy guest starred on an episode. He has aged well!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

After the show, I managed to catch up with a couple of people, including the more than lovely Kate Baldwin who plays Sharon in this production.  Kate was my "Nellie" in South Pacific down at Arena Stage.  I also managed to run into one of my favorite stage managers from the DC area who was across the street seeing Mr. Law in Hamlet tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »

Did you know that Frank Poretta's son was the star of TNT's Robin Hood series a few years back? Just as cute as his daddy! In fact, his daddy guest starred on an episode. He has aged well!

And Matthew Poretta was also in the original Broadway cast of Passion as Count Ludovic, as well as Jere Shea's understudy (Jere Shea).  -Consequently, I saw him five times.  -Although, never as Giorgio.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2009, 09:32:37 PM »

Congratulations on such a great dress rehearsal, and a great review from our own DR Jose! Does Og measure up to Mr.  Tommy Steele? You know how I love me some Tommy Steele...and Bill Irwin...and Harry Secombe...and the Poretta family...

I'm such a "ho"!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »

DR Jose, that is a fantastic review! I find the score so sublime that when the show gets to a great song like "Look to the Rainbow" or "Something Sort of Grandish," I get all teary. Even the comedy numbers get my eyes all watery. And when Terri White launches into "Necessity," it's complete nirvana.

Trust me, DR elmore, I was tearing up almost every time a song started.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »

And Matthew Poretta was also in the original Broadway cast of Passion as Count Ludovic, as well as Jere Shea's understudy (Jere Shea).  -Consequently, I saw him five times.  -Although, never as Giorgio.

How fun! I guess?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »

Try to work on that, would you, Jose?

Well... Alas, DR Kerry... I first have to work on "convincing" my apartment manager not to evict us at the end of this week... :-\

-Thus the emails and phone calls...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »

Moving on...  For now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »

Oh, DAW, you forgot to include part 2 of your instructions, namely change back to English, department:

I followed DAW's FB Pirate instructions today and then forgot about it.  Until I received this missive:

Mark Andrew Lawrence shouted to th' shipmates of Cast Album Collectors Corner.

--------------------
Regaarrding: This Sunday on FRONT ROW CENTRE...

It's HAIR day.

I saw the Tony winning revival last week and interviewed Gavin Creel (Claude) and Caissie Levy (Sheila.) Sunday's performance of HAIR has been canceled so the cast may take part in the Marriage Equality march in Washington, D.C. 

On the program we'll talk about the march, the show and we'll feature selections from the New Broadway cast recording as well as selected cuts from the 1967 off-Broadway cast, 1968 Broadway cast and 1979 film soundtrack albums.

Join us for this special edition of FRC Sunday morning at 9 am on 103.9 PROUD-FM.  (online at: http://www.facebook.com/l/42db0;www.proudfm.com/show_details.php?id=42)
--------------------

T' send a bottle back, stab the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1012211560772&mid=13766d1G4ee5fd93Gf94a0eG0

___
Spy mateys from your MSN ship on Ye olde Facebook! Go to http://www.facebook.com/find-friends/?ref=email

T'is scrawl be intended fer j***@***. If ye want to sanction which e-bottles ye get from ye olde Facebook, stab:
http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications=1&mid=13766d1G4ee5fd93Gf94a0eG0
Ye olde Facebook's caverns are t' be discovered at 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »

How fun! I guess?

It was. I know Frank Porretta from his opera work and a voice teacher.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2009, 09:37:55 PM »

I swear, that "Pirate" thingy on FB seems to be come and go in cycles.  Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2009, 09:38:15 PM »

I think I would, too, just from the sheer joy of seeing a live performance of the show, and with Elmore's orchestrations to boot!

Do you know if Ernie Harburg is going to attend one of the shows? He's a good guy and the Harburg Foundation has contributed to both THE INTERNATIONALE and SACCO AND VANZETTI.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »

I think we had a very successful dress rehearsal, but I'm cautious because it's an audience of friends and family. My friend Matthew had seen it at Encores! and thought this was a vast improvement, as do I. He was very complimentary about the director's work and the production. I'm still waiting for DR Jose's thoughts. I ran into Jonathan Tunick and went waltzing off with him to a taxi so I sorta left our DR Jose in the lurch. I'm sorry. DR Jose!

We had a very musical row of seats in the front rown of the mezzanine: Jose, Matthew, me, Allison, assistant to Brian, and Brian the copyist, and Mark Mitchell, who played all the rehearsals. I met Mark working on the Encores! PAL JOEY production, Or was it CALL ME MADAM?

One of the major creeps from the Men's Chorus who writes for Broadwayworld.com, was there, but  we didn't speak. I think we have a mutual loathing going on which suits me fine. And he's a total ass.

DR elmore - You didn't leave me in the lurch.  It gave me a chance to catch up with some other people I know in the production.  I did end up taking the A Train back up town with Brian.  -We both agreed that the three of us need to sit down to a nice, long, leisurely-paced dinner sometime.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

David Hyde Pierce and his partner were also in attendance tonight.  We had better seats. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »

How fun! I guess?

It was. I know Frank Porretta from his opera work and a voice teacher.

I saw Mr Poretta play Candide in 1971 at the Kennedy Center Opera House. I swear I saw him in another show as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

I cannot wait to hear from Elmore about the Finian's dress rehearsal-  I am really looking forward to seeing the show

and now that I've followed Elmores' link and seen the cast phots I am really hoping that Elmore can arrange a marriage meeting for me with Cheyenne

Good luck, Vixmom!  You're not the only one who would like to marry meet him!

;)

I had sort of forgotten that Cheyenne Jackson was in the show, so when he made his entrance, I was very happily surprised. ::)  -And, yes, he's still gorgeous and sings like a dream.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

Congrats, Larry.  I hope someone steps up to record the show (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say n'more) so that we can all hear your grandish work.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

LOL, DR Vixmom!  May I be the matron of honor?

I just want to host the Bachelor party.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2009, 09:45:42 PM »

I think I would, too, just from the sheer joy of seeing a live performance of the show, and with Elmore's orchestrations to boot!

Do you know if Ernie Harburg is going to attend one of the shows? He's a good guy and the Harburg Foundation has contributed to both THE INTERNATIONALE and SACCO AND VANZETTI.

All the heirs had huge blocks of seats roped off for family and friends: Lynn Lane (widow of Burton), Anthony Saidy (son of Fred), Ernie Harburg (son of Yip). I hope they were all happy with what they saw.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »

FINIAN'S RAINBOW must be rocking the house about now.

It was, and it did.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »

I think we had a very successful dress rehearsal, but I'm cautious because it's an audience of friends and family. My friend Matthew had seen it at Encores! and thought this was a vast improvement, as do I. He was very complimentary about the director's work and the production. I'm still waiting for DR Jose's thoughts. I ran into Jonathan Tunick and went waltzing off with him to a taxi so I sorta left our DR Jose in the lurch. I'm sorry. DR Jose!

We had a very musical row of seats in the front rown of the mezzanine: Jose, Matthew, me, Allison, assistant to Brian, and Brian the copyist, and Mark Mitchell, who played all the rehearsals. I met Mark working on the Encores! PAL JOEY production, Or was it CALL ME MADAM?

One of the major creeps from the Men's Chorus who writes for Broadwayworld.com, was there, but  we didn't speak. I think we have a mutual loathing going on which suits me fine. And he's a total ass.

DR elmore - You didn't leave me in the lurch.  It gave me a chance to catch up with some other people I know in the production.  I did end up taking the A Train back up town with Brian.  -We both agreed that the three of us need to sit down to a nice, long, leisurely-paced dinner sometime.

Brian Sears?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »

I know Jeff Edgerton. . . .

I know Jeff too. We recorded some demos a few years ago.  Such a nice guy, and every time we run into each, well... I just want to hug him. And hug him. And hug him.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up