Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OBER  (Read 11293 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: OBER
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 08:10:31 AM »

Last night was a creepy nightmare night, a series of dreams about staying in an apartment with a hostile ghost who wanted me out. Perhaps this is prompted by the thought that my friend Matthew and I may see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY tomorrow afternoon, or perhaps it's the approaching Halloween season.

Has anyone heard from Mike Barnum since last night??
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »

If Conrad Were In A Chorus Line:

He'd be cast as the boy who danced at the Music Box.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I slept fitfully last night and am quite unmotivated today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 08:16:28 AM »

So they didn't surpass the original??

No...very hokey version, IMO.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 08:20:50 AM »

'The most hilarious Julie Andrews story was recounted by both Chris [Durang] and Michael [Rupert]. She has a house in Switzerland and that's where the creative team of Putting It Together went to talk to her about being a part of the show. She agreed to do it and the next morning took one of her exercise walks around the mountains that bordered her house. Julie hadn't been on a New York stage in 35 years and she thought that she'd better start getting her voice in shape. She was vocalizing and singing different songs from her past and decided to test her soprano by singing something from The Sound of Music. She began the song while nearing the peak of a mountain and right when she got to "The Hills are alive…with the sound of music" she was coming down the other side of the mountain. Well, that moment coincided with an entirely filled tour bus coming down the road! Julie was horrified that a bunch of tourists saw her literally coming over the Swiss Alps while singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." Julie said their faces had the subtext of "How sad. She still thinks she's still in The Sound of Music. Poor Julie Andrews."'

- Seth Rudetsky, recalling his recent interview with Michael Rupert & Christopher Durang in this week's "Onstage & Backstage" column

Personally, I would have been transfixed by such a sight...and thrilled beyond measure.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »

Project Runway -- No Spoilers

First off, I was very pleased with/for the winner of last night's challenge.
Second, I think the wrong person went home.  As much as I liked the person who stayed, enough is enough.  That's three strikes...three stinky outfits...the person who went home has done nothing but superb work up until last night.

There may be one female designer who is very, very good...but as Nicholas observed loudly, she's a real bitch.  I hate her.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »

My goal today is one-fold -- to get through it and then to the gym.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 08:31:46 AM »

I might take off early this afternoon to get my car re-inspected and then go see WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.  This looks iffy to me but I am curious about it...

And I will be curious as to what you think of it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 08:32:40 AM »

Good morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm importing Brahms.  -Into iTunes, that is.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »

Happy Birthday to Angela Lansbury!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »

TOD:

DVR: last nights THE OFFICE and SURVIVOR

DVD: THE MONROES tv episodes

CD: the soundtrack to the film JULIE, a Sandalwood  or Kannada language, Indian film. I have been exploring more of India's regional cinema, and loving it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »

I might take off early this afternoon to get my car re-inspected and then go see WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.  This looks iffy to me but I am curious about it...

And I will be curious as to what you think of it.

Well thank goodness!  It wasn't you haunting Larry in his nightmare.  Unless, of course, you were astral projecting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »

I'm up.  I just don't seem to be able to get up quite in time to get out of here early enough to do the long jog, which takes a little under an hour.  But I will do it today, after the vocal session, which will be done by one at the latest.  I'll come right home, do the jog, then do errands and whatnot.  All Brent stuff has gone to the mastering engineer and the printers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »

The boy in the balloon saga - the boy at some point said "we did this for a show."  When queried on two TV shows what that meant, the boy got sick and threw up, never answering the question.  The parents are shameless publicity hounds and reality TV wannabes.  End of story.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 09:03:54 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And I actually think I'm going to go back to bed for a bit.  Just not feeling "right" right now.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »

DAW

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2009, 09:13:21 AM »

~~~FEELING GROOVY VIBES~~~
FOR DR JOSESPIANO!!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2009, 09:23:36 AM »

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Guess I'm going to have to write a note if this happens one more time.  This is the third time this week - only seconds, but I want to know if something is wrong with their servers again, if they're upgrading again, or what.

td

• td
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »

TOD:

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS - blu-ray
GIGI - blue-ray
(Is it my imagination, or do both films look less brown on blu-ray than they do on standard dvd?)
I'm thrilled with both transfers, something I wasn't when I saw them on the recent standard dvds.

DVD-Rs of FLASH FORWARD and EASTWICK.

CD:
MAME - OBC

Reading Material:
SHUTTER ISLAND - Dennis Lehane - I'm almost through this in one sitting.  Creepy and fascinating.
A LION AMONG MEN - Gregory Maguire - the third in the WICKED years.  I liked this more than the readers on Shelfari or GoodReads.
THE BIG BURN - awesome telling of a forest fire in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1900s.  (perhaps DR TCB could joh HIS memory and tell us more about it).  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Guess I'm going to have to write a note if this happens one more time.  This is the third time this week - only seconds, but I want to know if something is wrong with their servers again, if they're upgrading again, or what.

Is the server located in Sweet Apple, OH, by any chance?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »

The Paris Blu-Ray has slightly better color than its DVD counterpart, mainly due to the Blu-Ray format itself.  The transfer is still way too brown, as is Gigi.  But yes, they do look better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »

Welcome six GUESTS.

td

• td
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »

The Paris Blu-Ray has slightly better color than its DVD counterpart, mainly due to the Blu-Ray format itself.  The transfer is still way too brown, as is Gigi.  But yes, they do look better.

Now, if they'd release THE PIRATE on Blu-Ray. . .or any other Gene Kelly films. . .seeing what they did with WIZARD OF OZ, albeit they knew that the dollars spent would pay off in the long run, the films that Minnelli did for MGM would make stunning blu-rays.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »

Puddin' pie!

I want me some puddin' pie!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »

Last night I wanted me some fried chicken.

So, I cranked up the automobile and drove to KFC where I bought a 4-piece breast and wings meal -- crispy 'n' spicy.

Yum.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »

I want them to do Blu-rays (a la "Wizard of Oz") for "Meet Me in St. Louis" and "The Band Wagon".

DAW

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

You want to see something sickening, watch the following - I actually think the CNN jerk is worse than the family, who are obviously lying through their teeth.

http://video.rr.com/?v=RQ0gYHbvCb1aKO403SJyypFU2dmoE_we

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »

Richard Heene obviously thinks it's supposed to be all about "him".   My guess is that if the law concurs that he staged this little "adventure", it will prosecute him for perpetrating a fraud and charge him for all the manpower/resources costs of tracking the balloon and retrieving it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:26:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up