Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING THE NOTES  (Read 11085 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WRITING THE NOTES
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:59:53 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, I wrote the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the noted cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WRITING THE NOTES
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: TURBID!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:00:36 AM »

And here comes announcement number one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:02:16 AM »

IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

Kritzerland is proud to present its latest release – a brand new, shiny holiday treat!

BRENT BARRETT

CHRISTMAS MORNINGS

It’s a Kritzerland Christmas this season, with the wonderful Brent Barrett back with his third solo album, following his critically acclaimed The Kander and Ebb Album and The Alan Jay Lerner Album.  Christmas Mornings will put you in the Christmas spirit all year ‘round, with such classics as “The Christmas Song” “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” “Winter Wonderland” “I’ll Be Home For Christmas/A Place Called Home” “Christmas Waltz/It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” and other great Yuletide hits, including two brand new Christmas songs to warm your heart. 

Brent Barrett has been a leading man on Broadway, in London, in Las Vegas, and all over the world in such shows as Grand Hotel, Annie Get Your Gun (in which he starred opposite Reba McEntyre), Camelot, The Pajama Game, Candide, Dance A Little Closer, Closer Than Ever, and many others.  He starred in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom Of The Opera in its record-breaking Las Vegas run, and was nominated for an Olivier Award for his performance in the London version of the hit revival of Kiss Me Kate, which was taped for and shown on PBS and which is currently available on DVD.    He is currently reprising his role of Billy Flynn in the Broadway company of Chicago, a role he’s played to great acclaim all over the United States.

Christmas Mornings is produced by Bruce Kimmel, with musical direction and arrangements by Christopher Denny, orchestrations by Larry Moore, and Brent Barrett co-producing.  It’s an intimate, beautiful, heartfelt, and fun look at the sights and sounds of Christmas by one of the best singers working today.   It’s a perfect stocking stuffer and an album that’s sure to put you in the holiday spirit.

The first 100 orders placed through Kritzerland will be signed by Brent.

The price is $17.98 (plus shipping).  CDs will ship by the first week of December – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.  On street date, Christmas Mornings will also be available at Amazon, CD Baby, and iTunes and other digital outlets.  Brent will be appearing in New York at Birdland on December 13 and 14 at 7:00 to launch the CD. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »

And here comes announcement number two.  You know the drill - it's the price plus shipping (and remember, two CDs ship for the same as one - 3.75) payable via paypal.com to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

HARRY PALMER, I PRESUME

Kritzerland is proud to present its newest limited edition soundtrack release – two great scores on one great CD!

BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN Music Composed by Richard Rodney Bennett

and

THE FINAL OPTION Music Composed and Conducted by Roy Budd

From the early 1960s, when a certain character named James Bond made his debut on the silver screen in Dr. No, right up through the end of the decade it was hard to escape the world of secret agents, whether in books, serious films, spoofy films, or TV shows.   One of the most memorable creations during that time was the “unnamed hero” of author Len Deighton’s series of spy novels, which began with The Ipcress File.  Ipcress was made into a film, produced by Bond producer Harry Saltzman, starring Michael Caine as the now named Harry Palmer.  The film was such a success (and quite different in feel from the Bond films, despite having a score by Bond composer John Barry) that it spawned two sequels – Funeral In Berlin and Billion Dollar Brain.  By the time of Billion Dollar Brain the spy genre was slightly on the wane so the wane in Brain stayed mainly on the plain. The film was directed by Ken Russell before he became KEN RUSSELL, the enfant terrible of cinema.  It’s a very entertaining yarn with a terrific cast and an absolutely stellar score by Richard Rodney Bennett.  Mr. Bennett had already done the brilliant score for John Schlesinger’s film of Far From The Madding Crowd (Oscar nomination), and would follow this film with a series of memorable scores for such films as Murder On The Orient Express (Oscar nomination), Yanks, Enchanted April, Four Weddings And A Funeral, Equus, Lady Caroline Lamb, Nicholas and Alexandra (Oscar nomination) and many others.  His score for Brain is filled with wonderful energy and great themes (none more so than the electric main title theme), and is one of the highlights in a career filled with them.

The Final Option (called Who Dares Wins in the UK) came out in 1982 and was a then-topical political thriller starring Lewis Collins, Judy Davis, Ingrid Pitt, Richard Widmark, Edward Woodward, and Robert Webber.  The film has some exciting and taut action set pieces, main titles by Bond guy Maurice Binder (as does Billion Dollar Brain), and a rousing and wonderful score by Roy Budd.  Budd was a terrific composer and wrote great scores for Get Carter, Fear Is The Key, Catlow, Paper Tiger, The Carey Treatment, The Stone Killer, The Black Windmill, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, The Wild Geese, and others.  His score for The Final Option is grand fun and a must for Budd fans and Budd neophytes. 

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship by the first week of December – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:08:22 AM »

I'm ordering both of those right now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »

Welcome six GUESTS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »

Most excellent choices!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:44 AM »

I'm ordering both of those right now!

Me too!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »

And now time for to go to bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »

Well, we've got two orders.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:36:14 AM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »

Just sent my order.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »

And I ordered two (one for Woody's folks)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:02 AM »

Most happy belated anniversary wishes to the loverly Vixmom and Vixdad!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:36 AM »

And most excellent healing and coping thought to the wonderfully eriudite Mr. Brockman.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 02:49:44 AM »

It will be a long week at work. Perhaps I will take a break and see Ginny and Richard during a lunch hour. I don't know if we can get to John's on Saturday.

DAW

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 02:51:14 AM »

bk, the new Kritzerland releases look excellent.

DAW

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 02:52:15 AM »

DR George - are you sure the boxes were stolen?  I mean, if they were all together, and marked specially, why wouldn't a thief have taken all of the boxes together?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:59:34 AM by DAW »

Laura

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 04:46:17 AM »

That's too bad about the loss of your CDs, George. Hopefully they will turn up.

I personally wouldn't file a claim with the insurance, though. Your rates will go up, and they won't give much value to used CDs, I'm sure.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes, I'm up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »

I shall be spending the next couple of hours wandering around Richmond. And, yes, the proper authorities have been already been notified (DR elmore).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 04:54:36 AM »

DR George - WHOA!

Are you sure the boxes aren't over at your sister's house? ;)

In any case...

Make one or two more passes through your garage, take notes, lots of notes, and then call the non-emergency number for the police in your area and your insurance company. You may also want to check with your neighbors and/or landlord to see if any other robberies have been reported in your neighborhood.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 04:55:54 AM »

And since Steve is about to leave for work, well...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 05:08:29 AM »

Good Morning.  I guess I need to go back to yesterday's posts and figure out what's going on.
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 05:46:51 AM »

Aw, DR George, that totally sux!  It's bad enough when regular CDs vanish but cast recordings go out-of-print and are difficult and expensive to replace.

But mi colección de CD es tu colección de CD.  If there's anything you could use a copy of as a temp replacement, let me know.  If I have it, you got it...

But just in case--

* * * * *  VIBES THAT DR GEORGE'S MISSING BOXES SHOW UP * * * * *

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 05:49:45 AM »

figure out what's going on

And when you do, will you kindly let the rest of us know??          :)

DAW

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:57:59 AM by DAW »

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 05:59:52 AM »

Dear George, I'm so sorry.  That feeling something is different is usually right.   I hope you find them and were not robbed.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 06:01:15 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Another crisp, clear day here in SW Ohio. 

Today I have to take my engagement ring to our jeweler because I discovered a bent prong yesterday morning.  Richard and I decided it would be better not to wear it than to lose the diamond.  I'm wearing another ring with my wedding band, but it's not the same.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up