Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING THE NOTES  (Read 11198 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WRITING THE NOTES
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »

DR George:    Beating this already dead horse...is there something that you or someone else was doing in the garage that might have resulted in the boxes being moved....either someplace in the garage (behind or on top of something) or in an unexpected place?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

Nothing worse than a bent prong!

LOL!  As soon as I typed that, I knew it had legs!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »

An interesting take on the current state of recorded show music.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:51:11 PM by DAW »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »

Before I left for lunch, I had the time to watch two things. I started with last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS. Lots of tear-inducing moments, and of course, Sarah's dreamy French lover now beginning a story arc for five or so episodes. Very enjoyable episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »

Then I watched another BONES episode. This was the one with Booth abducted by the Gravedigger (who had abducted Bones and Hodgins last season which was one of my very favorite episodes), and we finally find out who the Gravedigger was. I liked the show, but the whole ghost/hallucination storyline wasn't my favorite.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »

When I got in from lunch, I watched TINKER BELL AND THE LOST TREASURE on Blu-ray. I was pleased it was better than the first one. Still for the very youngest ones in the family (I'd say ten and under), but it was an entertaining little story with some nice life lessons for kids about friendship and responsibility and perseverence.

Beautiful looking disc with a couple of OK tunes.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »

I had time to skim through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE and AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest in either, and nothing in the ATWT previews either.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2009, 01:08:40 PM »

Hopefully tonight I can squeeze in another of the DVR shows into my viewing schedule afetr watching more BONES episodes. I think maybe I'll get LAW & ORDER watched and cleared off.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

Good Afternoon!

It's been a great day so far here in Richmond. The fall foliage is stunning, the sky has been a clear, bright blue all day, and the temps warmed up nicely to the low 60s.

-I've basically been walking around for the past six hours. Whew! But a good Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

And now to meet back up with Steve... Then I'm sitting in on the Richmond Men's Chorus rehearsal tonight... Then a post-rehearsal dinner... Then back to NYC...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2009, 01:33:18 PM »

I'm hopping off-line now to get some writing done, and then will be heading down to begin the evening viewing.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »

What a busy little day this light day has turned out to be.  Did the long jog, did my errands and whatnot, drove to the tape vault only to find out that my tapes had been erroneously given to someone else last Friday - they're coming back and I'll have to get them later in the week, which is fine.  Then I had lunch with Cason at my beloved Dino's, picked up two packages, but neither of which were as important as the three that are wayyyyy overdue.  Then we addressed all the packages, Cason is now attaching postage, and then we're going to Costco for some big boy waters and sodas. 

George

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »

Thanks Ron, Matthew, Larry, Edisaurus and Dan (the Man) for questions and things to think about.  Let me see if I can answer some of the questions:

I didn't have a specific inventory of what I had in the boxes.  The musicals will actually be easy to figure out.  They were in alphabetical order in the boxes and I can make a list of what I still have...then just try and remember what's missing.  I hope that that'll work.  The DVDs, however, will be harder.  I know some large sets that I owned (the complete "Space 1999," four seasons of "Soap," things like that), but I don't remember everything that I had in there.  When I was going through a couple of boxes that I still have, there were some titles that I didn't remember buying at all. :-\

My garage was locked but I don't know when/if I ever left it unlocked.  I wouldn't think so because I have to make sure that it catches when I close it.  It doesn't always stay closed the first time I shut the door, so I always have to check it and make sure.

Otherwise, I don't know how they got into my garage.  My building was re-roofed a couple of months ago and they did take off the roofing material over the garage, but if someone from that crew did take my CDs and DVDs, others on the crew would've known about it and then they all would have to be in on it.  That just doesn't seem plausible.  When I told the property manager, she said that she trusted the workers very much.  That doesn't mean that they couldn't have done it, but it just doesn't seem very likely.

I called one local used CD store, and the guy I talked to said that he did most of the buying for his store.  He didn't remember anyone coming in with any cast album recordings anytime recently.  Of course, that was only one store, so you never know.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »

Hmmm--DR George, were you at home when that crew came around to install your skylight?  Wasn't that same crew doing repair on other condo roofs?  I think, like someone esle mentioned, you should ask your neighbors if they've been missing items since that crew came through.

The skylight was swapped out a couple of weeks after my roof was reshingled, and the neighbors that I have on both sides now (a Joni Mitchell reference) haven't been there very long.  I don't know anything about the previous renters.

George

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »

DR George:    Beating this already dead horse...is there something that you or someone else was doing in the garage that might have resulted in the boxes being moved....either someplace in the garage (behind or on top of something) or in an unexpected place?

No.  The boxes in my garage are in a clump and only three boxes deep (going lengthwise in the garage), so there's no way to hide them.  I looked all through my house and there's no way/where that anything could be hidden there, either.

George

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »

Not to be a downer or anything. ::)

;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »

Page Two GO PHILLIES!!! Dance:

Those DAMN YANKEES!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2009, 04:10:45 PM »

Hmmm, I try to get a new Christmas album every year or so.  Wonder which one I should get this year  ;) ?

Jim Nabors
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »

A stage manager for the Broadway revival of “South Pacific” has been accused of secretly recording an actress in her dressing room.

If they had said recording Paul Szot, it might have been me.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Well, it seems the "VERY religious" PTA VP at the grandlads Middle School has taken up the time honored tradition of Book Burning. The PTA is sponsoring a Scholatics Book Fair, and the self-appointed Guardian of Morals has already pulled a bunch of books from the fair.

The Evil Things:

The Hunger Games - a New York Times best seller which is highlighted in our local book store on their Teen Fiction shelf and was on the Sussex County Suggested Summer reading list for Middle Schools.

The Chronicles of Valamir Tod - The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), the fastest-growing division of the American Library Association (ALA), put The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod on their 2008 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers selection list.

(I bought a copy to read first.)

Pride & Prejudice and Zombies - which I'm thinking of ordering from Amazon.

Unfortunately my DIL is taking her side! She doesn't think 12 year olds are teens and doesn't think their parents should be burdened with the proplem of junior bringing home inappropriate reading material. She refuses to let Alex read Goosebumps books because they're below his reading level - well, reading level-wise he's ready for Forever Amber and Lolita.

The there is this:

"Just because he has the ability to understand complex issues does not mean I want him to feel obligated to read adult situational things that he is not ready for.  Granted he is a bit immature for his age but I don’t want to push these situations on him.  So Pride and Prejudice with  or without zombies is out for him!".

Well, not to worry what middle-school boy would every read Pride & Prejudice! (Well, maybe Larry did).

I swear, self appointed censors are more annoying than a bent prong!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

TOD;

YouTube

www.putnamcountyplayhouse.com

www.worldofwisdombooks.zoomshare.com

Jack, I suppose if I want to play Horace in Dolly, I will have to fight you for the role?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept laye, nearly 9 am, and I've been busy with emails concerning Live Begins at 8:40 and all the madness this project still generates, laundry, and returning emails. Today I will be working at home, perhaps go to the NYPL when the laundry is over, and stop down at the show tonight.

I am quite excited about hearing Mr Barrett's album, and I hope it sounds lke what I magined during the arranging process. The problem with recording in LA and not being there, is that I have to rely on others to fix/adjust my errors in judgment or taste, and I rely on BK and Chris Denny for that. I've had several bad surprises from London recordings because I only hear the final mix and think, why wasn't I consulted before it was finalized? I got a peculiar phone call from BB last week about billing, so i'm curious to hear how it sounds and how the biling ended up.

TOD:  Talkin' Broadway
          Broadway World.com
          Theatremania
          Very rarely I go to the Sondheim site
          CNN
          Huffington Post

Why did Bridgitte Bardot call you about billing?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »

DR George, I am sorry to hear about this theft, but I have several questions, such as how did they get into your garage? thry only took show CDs? Do you know any dishonest musical theatre queens in Washington?

I resent that!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2009, 04:37:04 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept laye, nearly 9 am, and I've been busy with emails concerning Live Begins at 8:40 and all the madness this project still generates, laundry, and returning emails. Today I will be working at home, perhaps go to the NYPL when the laundry is over, and stop down at the show tonight.

I am quite excited about hearing Mr Barrett's album, and I hope it sounds lke what I magined during the arranging process. The problem with recording in LA and not being there, is that I have to rely on others to fix/adjust my errors in judgment or taste, and I rely on BK and Chris Denny for that. I've had several bad surprises from London recordings because I only hear the final mix and think, why wasn't I consulted before it was finalized? I got a peculiar phone call from BB last week about billing, so i'm curious to hear how it sounds and how the biling ended up.

Broadway World.com
          Theatremania
          CNN
          Huffington Post

I was thinking Barry Bostwick. :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »

George, I am so sorry about your missing recordings.

And I have an alibi for eveyday that it could have happened!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »

Broadway World.com
          Theatremania
          CNN
          Huffington Post

I was thinking Barry Bostwick. :D

Ahh, good point.  I doubt Ms. Bardot even knows elmore.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »

Page four?  All packages are addressed and have postage, which is a good thing since CDs will be here in the morning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

RE:  Last night's THE AMAZIN' RACE:

SPOILER WARNINGS!!!

Thank Gawd!  I was getting so sick of that lunkhead and his whiney partner!  As one of the Poker Gals once said, how did this idiot ever get to be a lawyer?

I was a little disappointed that there was no real challenge that involved the world's tallest building in Dubai other than taking an elevator ride up there.  But the desert and indoor ski/snow challanges made up for it.

At this point, my favorites are the Ken and Barbie couple, the former Miss America and her hubby and the Globe Trotters.  There's no team left that I actively dislike, but I guess I would say that the Poker girls and the young couple (with the girl who freaked about going up the tall building) are my least favorites.

SPOILER CONTINUES

I pretty much agree with you.  I'm liking the poker girls better than I did.

DAW

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

I was thinking Barry Bostwick.

Well:  Benjamin Britten is dead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up