Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: snail's pace  (Read 15630 times)

Dan-in-Toronto

snail's pace
« on: October 22, 2003, 01:34:56 PM »

Scrolling, inputting, etc., is not going smoothly, to say the least. Everything is painfully slow. It could be my computer - but I'm not experiencing this problem with any other site, board, etc.

Suggestions?

Many thanks - and I know I'll enjoy the new place once I can move around in it.

Thanks kindly,

Dan-in-Toronto

duskglow

• If I could think of something high class to say...
    • My website
Re:snail's pace
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 01:49:43 PM »

The server that this forum is hosted on is experiencing unusually high load.  We're in the process of transferring the whole shebang to a much faster server (this is what I do :) ), I'm sure Mark will keep you up to date with that.  Unfortunately we have a few things that need to be done first, in order, to make this possible.  These problems should disappear once we accomplish the switchover.

Oh, and this should never cause the board to fail, it will just cause things to be a little slow occasionally - the problem is intermittent.
doo de doo de da de doo da dee.  OK.  That wasn't saying much.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 04:20:22 PM »

Dan, I know you're frustrated - but it may well be your computer.  Yesterday, there were times when it was slow for me, too, but not in the same way you described in your e-mail.  And I'm not having any trouble today and given the number of posts today I don't think anyone else is either.

How are you accessing the site?  Which browser?  If you're not using IE try doing so.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 09:37:10 AM »

Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, I've been accessing via IE. I'm determined to beat this thing. I've tried logging out and logging out. Also tried cleaning some of the clutter on my desktop. Yet even this note is taking me forever to type (everything is slowed down) - and I was a star typist way back in JHS 82.

I'll consult with my computer guru.

Good luck with the new job.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up