Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOUSE WITH NO BALLS  (Read 12023 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE MOUSE WITH NO BALLS
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »

DR Cilla, I'm very, very sorry to hear about your friend's cousin.  I hope information will become available that might help others understand which symptoms are a warning to seek medical care in time.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »

DR Sam I’m sorry you are receiving so much mail after all this time.

House vibes for DR JMK!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:19 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I should hit "Post" sometime... Like now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »

And now it's...

Good Afternoon!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »

DR Cillaliz - That really is awful news.

~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES FOR EVERYONE~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

DR vixmom - I really hope that you get a chance to stay in bed and/or on the couch watching movies this coming weekend.  Get some rest and get better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »

I'm really liking Google's salute to "Sesame Street". :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »

Well... I just snagged a ticket to the final dress rehearsal of Don Giovanni at the newly refurbished New York City Opera this afternoon, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

I got back from the McGlinnvntory with no voice -I'msure the cold is aggravated by all of the dust and crap in those boxes - abd I have cancelled physical therapy. As soon as the laundry is finished, and the floors are vacuumed, i am going to bed and staying there as long as possible.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »

More of the undeserving who are getting the H1N1 vaccine before they are due.  Be sure to read all the way to the "punchline" or the last sentence.....
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/11/goldman-fed-citi-getting-preferential-allotments-of-h1n1-vaccine.html

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »

Last night I watched an interesting little film on TCM called FOURTEEN HOURS, about a man who is threatening to jump from the 16th floor ledge of a hotel.  Aside from being the big screen debut of Miss Grace Kelly and being stock-full of soon-to-be-stars in bit roles, the movie stands on its own and still holds up.

You know, I loved this movie when I was a little kid and saw it on Dialing For Dollars one weekday afternoon. Saw it again a few years ago and thought it was waaaay overacted (and that is saying a lot, considering the films that I usually like).

Great cast, though.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »

I got back from the McGlinnvntory with no voice -I'msure the cold is aggravated by all of the dust and crap in those boxes - abd I have cancelled physical therapy. As soon as the laundry is finished, and the floors are vacuumed, i am going to bed and staying there as long as possible.

Do you think you might want to come over on Sunday for your CDs? We are free and if you're feeling up to it we would love to visit with you. I don't think you've seen Anthony since he came back from Wisconsin in May.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »

Today's Gold Box "Deal of the Day" at Amazon.com is the complete TV series of "Ally McBeal."

This one was a long time coming because they had to get music rights to all the popular songs used during the show's run.

The show is completely intact and no music was left out or covered up.

The $78.99 price is a STEAL as this set's MFRP is $199.99.   It's $23 less than I paid when the box was issued, but I don't feel remorse because the series remains fantastic.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »

Stay healthy vibes for DR elmore’s great-nephew Jayden!!!

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »

Today's Gold Box "Deal of the Day" at Amazon.com is the complete TV series of "Ally McBeal."

This one was a long time coming because they had to get music rights to all the popular songs used during the show's run.

The show is completely intact and no music was left out or covered up.

The $78.99 price is a STEAL as this set's MFRP is $199.99.   It's $23 less than I paid when the box was issued, but I don't feel remorse because the series remains fantastic.

Hmmm...This is tempting...  I've already put the Season One set on my "Git" list for Christmas, but I doubt that anyone has gotten it for me yet.  Only other thing is that I did not like the final season.  But I'm guessing that the probabilities are slim that all of the seasons will be released in individual sets.

Ugh--I hate making decisions under pressure...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

Do you think you might want to come over on Sunday for your CDs? We are free and if you're feeling up to it we would love to visit with you. I don't think you've seen Anthony since he came back from Wisconsin in May.

That might be fun!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »

That might be fun!

Good! We can talk or e-mail on Saturday and make final plans.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

Not in the mood to jog - maybe later.  I packaged up a bunch of stuff and took it to the postal office, did my banking, and decided I'm not going to rehearsal - I don't really need to be there today.  So, the rest of the day is MINE.  I think I'll start the liner notes for the new release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

I think we'd best get off page three.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »

That might be fun!

Good! We can talk or e-mail on Saturday and make final plans.

I plan to spend most of tomorrow in bed, if I can. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2009, 12:40:19 PM »

Brent's album arrived today! I want to play it

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2009, 12:40:21 PM »

In the meantime - and this is a SERIOUS question on which I need your help, you TV experts:

Let's say of young actors working in TV today you had to choose one to play Adriana Hofstetter - who would you choose.  I realize that several of you haven't read the books, but you can certainly read the synopsis of each at the Kritzerland site (under "Fun") and see the type of fifteen-year-old girl we're talking about.  I need someone who has some sort of name value but that someone doesn't necessarily have to be a big star - folks like Dakota Fanning won't do TV, so give me people who are on series or cable or whatever.  I just don't watch shows.  I look forward to your suggestions.

George

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »

I just read THIS review of The Manhattan Transfer's new CD, "The Chick Corea Songbook"...which I LOVE!  I highly recommend it. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

My CD's arrived today!

Ditto.     :)

George

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »

My CDs just arrived, also!  What a coinkydink!

DAW

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »

Sorry, bk, I don't know from young actresses of the sort you are seeking.

DAW

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »

The animals have been retrieved from their grandmother, and we are settling back down into our regular routines here at home.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »

In the meantime - and this is a SERIOUS question on which I need your help, you TV experts:

Let's say of young actors working in TV today you had to choose one to play Adriana Hofstetter - who would you choose.  I realize that several of you haven't read the books, but you can certainly read the synopsis of each at the Kritzerland site (under "Fun") and see the type of fifteen-year-old girl we're talking about.  I need someone who has some sort of name value but that someone doesn't necessarily have to be a big star - folks like Dakota Fanning won't do TV, so give me people who are on series or cable or whatever.  I just don't watch shows.  I look forward to your suggestions.

Did you catch my post awhile back regarding just this?  I mentioned I could see the young actress,Lea Michele, on GLEE playing Adriana.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »

DR Laura if you thought helping to raise 5 kittens was difficult, check this out:
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-21-puppies-columbia-adoption-110309,0,1960513.story

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »

Last night I watched an interesting little film on TCM called FOURTEEN HOURS, about a man who is threatening to jump from the 16th floor ledge of a hotel.  Aside from being the big screen debut of Miss Grace Kelly and being stock-full of soon-to-be-stars in bit roles, the movie stands on its own and still holds up.

Strangely, I could imagine this film being musicalized for the stage.

I bought this on DVD because I've always liked the film and think it's quite involving.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up