Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG TO-DO  (Read 13662 times)

Julie

Re: THE BIG TO-DO
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 06:22:30 AM »

Health vibes for DN of DR CILLA LIZ

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 06:23:46 AM »

Most exciting news about an exciting Monday! 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:08 AM »

DR JOSE that was a pretty funny article yesterday about THE GOLDEN GIRLS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 06:34:57 AM »

re: camryn grimes.

I loved loved her when she was a child actress. She was the most brilliant kid actress (she started on Y&R when she was maybe 6).

I'm not sure how good she is now that she's older.  It was sort of an odd transition on the soap when she became older. Because everyone remembered her as a kid.

I'll bet she's still good. She really was a gem as a child.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 06:41:48 AM »

I never thought that this would happen, but I seem to have lost my passion for watching movies. 

The "thrill" is gone. 

Maybe it's because there are really no "great" movies out there any longer.  Just movies that are better than the others. Indeed, reading over a list of films that are coming out between now and the end of the year, there is not one movie that I really WANT to see. 

As I've said here before, the last "great" movie to come out of Hollywood was L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.

Makes me sad.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »

Good morning!

A broken record, but we had another pitch-perfect morning today. Cool, beautiful, not a cloud in the big, beautiful blue sky. Heavenly!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 06:46:36 AM »

Thanks for those screen captures, DR George. I missed the Mercer documentary due to my heavy work schedule, and at least I got to see those important credits.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 06:50:24 AM »

Re:  AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY.  Didn't BK say he wasn't doing anymore standalone rereleases of FSM "grouped" titles?  EMILY was on the Mandel 3-fer.  But maybe I'm just not remembering correctly--I am old, as you know.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »

And my heavy work schedule continues today with SAY ANYTHING: 20th Anniverary Edition. I don't think I've ever seen this movie before. I had begun writing movie reviews again by 1989 when this came out (took a 16 month break between newspaper syndicates), but my new job only required me to do four movies a month (my choice), and I honestly can't remember if I chose this one or not. The reviews I wrote back then were written on an Apple IIc, and since I don't have it hooked up any longer, all the saved reviews on those old floppy discs are inaccessible to me.

At any rate, the Blu-ray has quite a few bonus features on it, so it looks like it'll take me the afternoon and early evening to finish it. I should still have some time to myself before DEXTER comes on tonight, but I won't know how much until later today.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 06:52:54 AM »

I also still have quite a few shows on the DVR to try to burn through to get my DVR ready for another week of heavy recording. There are two LAW & ORDER episodes, MONK, last week's MAD MEN, and FLASHFORWARD (which I'll probably watch as I eat lunch).

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 06:53:55 AM »

Yes, I loved WINGS OF DESIRE, too. I thought it was pretty cheeky of them to interview the director of the Americanized remake CITY OF ANGELS on the documentary for WINGS OF DESIRE.

JMK

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »

And my heavy work schedule continues today with SAY ANYTHING: 20th Anniverary Edition. I don't think I've ever seen this movie before. I had begun writing movie reviews again by 1989 when this came out (took a 16 month break between newspaper syndicates), but my new job only required me to do four movies a month (my choice), and I honestly can't remember if I chose this one or not. The reviews I wrote back then were written on an Apple IIc, and since I don't have it hooked up any longer, all the saved reviews on those old floppy discs are inaccessible to me.

At any rate, the Blu-ray has quite a few bonus features on it, so it looks like it'll take me the afternoon and early evening to finish it. I should still have some time to myself before DEXTER comes on tonight, but I won't know how much until later today.

I am still at an utter and complete loss as to how this screener got sent to me several weeks ago.  I'm not assigned to Fox and I have never to my knowledge given my address to any Fox PR firms.  Really weird.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 06:57:15 AM »

We're not sure if it's Swine Flu, but DS Zach is very sick.  His fever spiked up over 101 just within a few hours yesterday.  Thankfully it's back down around 100 now, but, boy, does he look bad and he has a really bad cough.  Does swine flu produce a croupy cough?

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 07:12:58 AM »

I am still at an utter and complete loss as to how this screener got sent to me several weeks ago.  I'm not assigned to Fox and I have never to my knowledge given my address to any Fox PR firms.  Really weird.

There must be something in the air about this title. I got TWO review copies from different sources!

But I'm DETERMINED to review it only once!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »

Sorry to read about your son's illness. Hope he can recover quickly.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »

I will be heading downstairs now to get clothes ready for laundry later ths afternoon. Then, I'll see if I can't winnow down that stack of recorded shows on the DVR before new ones come up to take their place.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 07:23:46 AM »

Looks like Mr. Spirtas is keeping busy. After his producer credit for Finian's Rainbow he's now doing this Off-Broadway

Loaded

Ben

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 07:26:02 AM »

Also, a few days late but Mr. Nondorf's (Rodzinski) column from Playbill.

Leading Men

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm not listening to NPR right now. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »

~~~~~GET WELL VIBES TO DR JMK'S DS ZACH~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »

Also, a few days late but Mr. Nondorf's (Rodzinski) column from Playbill.

Leading Men

DR Ben, I mentioned Rodzinski's column on Nov 5, but I did not post a link to it. Thanks for doing this!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 07:39:58 AM »

~~~~~GET WELL VIBES TO DR JMK'S DS ZACH~~~~~

Oh, yes, I forgot that!

Health to Zach!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »

DR edisaurus - It's been fascinating (I guess) reading about your whole process during the J.M. documentary, and the question that comes to my mind - since I don't really read the "trades": Is this director known for being such an asshole during production?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »

DR elmore - I can't remember if I've mentioned this already, but... It turns out that my youngest brother, Jay, is a friend and former co-worker of Alina Faye's husband.  Jay had been telling me that his friend's wife had landed a featured role in a Broadway show, but he could never remember the name of the show... Well... Of course, since Alina was out the night I saw Finian's Rainbow, I guess I'm going to have to see the show again. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »

DR elmore - Continue to rest and relax today.  Although, since the sun in back out, maybe a walk around the block and some fresh air would also be a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »

So, instead of listening to "On the Media", I'm catching up on some things from last week on the DVR - and I do have a bit of a backlog...

As for "So You Think You Can Dance?" - I guess you could consider Etta James' version of "At Last" a Viennese Waltz.  A very fast Viennese Waltz.  In four.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 07:55:02 AM »

We're not sure if it's Swine Flu, but DS Zach is very sick.  His fever spiked up over 101 just within a few hours yesterday.  Thankfully it's back down around 100 now, but, boy, does he look bad and he has a really bad cough.  Does swine flu produce a croupy cough?

GET WELL VIBES FOR SON ZACH

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »

I can't believe it's been 20 years since the fall of the Berlin wall.

...As well as Liane Hansen's 20th Anniversary of hosting NPR's "Weekend Edition".  Throughout out this morning's program, they had some other "What happened 20 years ago" stories, as well as some "What's happened since..." stories.  Quite the trip down memory lane.

*And I do remember sitting on my futon in my first apartment in Richmond watching the footage from Berlin... As well as Liane Hansen taking over for Susan Stamberg on NPR weekend.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »

Hmm... I guess Tyce's dance this week was "uncategorable".  Well, it was sort of unrecognizable to me, and, frankly, a bit condescending and disrespectful - at least in the way it was presented and taught by Mr. Diorio.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

DR Jennifer - ~~~~~GET WELL VIBES TO YOUR NIECE~~~~~

Has your sister checked in with her doctor regarding your niece's/her daughter's reaction to the flu shot?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up