Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ANNIVERSARY  (Read 24181 times)

KevinH

Re: THE ANNIVERSARY
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2009, 04:57:31 PM »

Thanks to all for welcoming me so warmly!  No, DR Jane, I don't have any pets.  We had a dog when I was child, but that's a long time ago.

Bruce, I think I failed to hit "post" after spell checking the first time.  Thanks for offering to help me get the hang of this !

DR elmore,  I'm an audience member only.  I work for the government.  As for Brent's new CD, I picked up the package from the post office today and am listening to it now--I love it so far!  Kudos to Bruce and to you!  

Kevin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »

Are you feeling better, Larry?

My voice is still very shaky - I speak in several registers -  and my cough won't go away. Otherwise I feel good.

It could be puberty.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »

DR cillaliz are you and your mom still watching DANCING WITH THE STARS?

Who are each of your favorites? (donny osmond? Joanna? Mya? Kelly
 osbourne? aaron carter?).

i have to say i actually like them all. I think Mya is the best dancer. But i've never voted for
her. Something about her cocky attitude rubs me the wrong way. I think kelly is the
worst of those left. I have grown to like joanna. Her dancing the past few weeks
has really impressed me. And i really like derek (her partner). And donny osmond
has been great!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »

DR DAW, O pensive one, were you the dear reader who had asked about Kay Thompsn recordings? I just saw this on Amazon.com and thought of you.

Couldn't you just watch Liza's act instead?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

Well, I'm tired now. With no DR DAW or MBarnum around to kick, life has lost its joy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »

My voice is still very shaky - I speak in several registers -  and my cough won't go away. Otherwise I feel good.

It could be puberty.

Thank you, DR Dr.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »

Thanks to all for welcoming me so warmly!  No, DR Jane, I don't have any pets.  We had a dog when I was child, but that's a long time ago.

Bruce, I think I failed to hit "post" after spell checking the first time.  Thanks for offering to help me get the hang of this !

There's a spell check? Oy.

Laura

« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »

Yesterday I was in Sacramento, and here are a few photos of the airport.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »

Back from lunch and a long, involved discussion about this here site.  We're going to move very slowly, but over the next few months we're going to do some major work - new sections, a partial new design, better search capabilities.  In the meantime, it looks like we're being asked to upgrade the discussion board software again to the latest version.  Before I click THAT particular button, they have to assure me that the important things, like avatars and archives will not be affected - that everything will work exactly the same.  As long as they assure me of that, we'll do the upgrade, which, as I understand it, will involve a slightly new look for the board.

Please don't change the web address while I am in Europe.  I always hate it when friends move without telling me where. :P
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »

I know why I'm feeling so jittery. I've been hanging around this computer all afternoon waiting for a jerk vendor to send me an eBay invoice to pay him.  I have no patience.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2009, 05:18:31 PM »

Good Evening!

I ended up having to leave my apartment earlier since I was starting to feel a bit dizzy and queasy.  Apparently, everyone in my 'hood was having their furnace oil tanks refilled this morning.  At first I thought it was just my apartment building, but then I remembered that that was done last week.  Then when I opened the doors to the back patio and stepped outside... Whoa!  The smell of heating oil was overwhelming.

Thankfully, once I was a couple of blocks away, I started to feel better.  A lot better.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

Welcome, KevinH!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

And while I was out and about - and breathing non-heating-oil-infused fresh air - I happened to run into the hunky as ever, Matt Bogart.  We had a nice brief catch-up chat.  -DR elmore - He and Jess(ica) just bought a new place - You're going to be neighbors! Their new place is a block south of yours.

And then when I reached Lincoln Center, I happened to accidentally stalk the concert pianist, Leif Ove Andsnes.  It really was kind of freaky.  We just seemed to be "coincidentally wandering" for about 20 minutes throughout the Lincoln Center campus.  I think he was heading to The Met tonight for Le Damnation de Faust. -He's in town this week for a presentation of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" at Avery Fisher Hall.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

Hello again--

Let me start over!  My name is Kevin and I live in the Washington DC area.

I think I first heard of HHW through a link on allthatchat.com.    I later realized that Bruce was the same Bruce Kimmel who had produced all those CDs that feature Brent Barrett (my favorite male singer).  Little did I know that Brent was often discussed here and even has a nickname (WSMA)!

I think it's amazing that Bruce has managed to write on his site every single night for 8 years-it really must be a record.  And you're a great group of people.  I really enjoy the behind-the-scenes show biz information provided by Bruce and elmore.   And at first I did think that some of you were doctors !

I can't promise to post as often as some of you.  One probem is that I can't see Bruce's current notes on my work computer, so I don't know what some of the DRs are referring to.  I usually read Bruce's notes in the evening.   I don't think I can complain to the computer guy since it's not exactly work-related!

Thanks for welcoming me Laura and elmore and Happy Anniverary to HHW!

Kevin

DR KevinH, are you invovled in music or theatre or are you happy being an audience member? What kind of work do you do? When I signed on originally it was to post every once in a while and, like other DRs, I found I was happy sharing gossip and bitchery with a lot of wonderful folk I enjoy communicating with every day.

I assume you know that Brent has a new recording currently released only on the Kritzerland site, and it's getting good word-of-mouth.

It is wonderful!
“One thing’s universal,

Kerry

« Reply #314 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »

Here is the official photo from the 9th Annual HHW Anniversary Gala and Musicale.

Most readers are identified.  If you are not, please point yourself out in the photo.  Some readers came in drag which added to the merriment!

There was music, scintillating conversation, bitch slapping, and revealing of secrets.  Just another day at HHW!  ;D

Ah, and the dinner afterwards........ SIGH............
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

Welcome to New Dear Reader, KevinH!

So... Is there a chance that you may have heard me play at Arena Stage, Ford's Theatre, the Kennedy Center, the National Theater, Signature Theatre, etc., etc., etc. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #316 on: November 09, 2009, 05:29:14 PM »

Here is the official photo from the 9th Annual HHW Anniversary Gala and Musicale.

Most readers are identified.  If you are not, please point yourself out in the photo.  Some readers came in drag which added to the merriment!

There was music, scintillating conversation, bitch slapping, and revealing of secrets.  Just another day at HHW!  ;D

Ah, and the dinner afterwards........ SIGH............

But don't forget to the after-party.... Oh... Well... Umm... Nevermind.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the Dale of Glen to see Fade Out, Fade In.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »

It could be puberty.

Thank you, DR Dr.

Well, you have already gone through second childhood...............
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: November 09, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »

And while I was out and about - and breathing non-heating-oil-infused fresh air - I happened to run into the hunky as ever, Matt Bogart.  We had a nice brief catch-up chat.  -DR elmore - He and Jess(ica) just bought a new place - You're going to be neighbors! Their new place is a block south of yours.

And then when I reached Lincoln Center, I happened to accidentally stalk the concert pianist, Leif Ove Andsnes.  It really was kind of freaky.  We just seemed to be "coincidentally wandering" for about 20 minutes throughout the Lincoln Center campus.  I think he was heading to The Met tonight for Le Damnation de Faust. -He's in town this week for a presentation of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" at Avery Fisher Hall.

Excellent! I love Matt.

I wouldn't know Mr Andsnes if he ran into me, but i do like his playing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »

DR JRand - Thanks for posting this photo. -I've lost track of my own copy. I still wish I had been able to track down my 16-string mandolin - the one I played when I was in Bayanihan - for "picture day".  However, I guess my old Yamaha FG-45 fit the bill, and it even looks like a full-size guitar in the picture.  I guess that old adage of "the camera adds ten pounds" applies to musical instruments too.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »

I haven't seen any celebrities around town lately but I have been in quarantine. Last week I thought I saw Michael Phelps but I wasn't really certain it was he.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »

It could be puberty.

Thank you, DR Dr.

...As well as a tertiary virginity.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

DR JRand - Thanks for posting this photo. -I've lost track of my own copy. I still wish I had been able to track down my 16-string mandolin - the one I played when I was in Bayanihan - for "picture day".  However, I guess my old Yamaha FG-45 fit the bill, and it even looks like a full-size guitar in the picture.  I guess that old adage of "the camera adds ten pounds" applies to musical instruments too.

And pictures are decepetive. I mean, Ms Karen sitting next to me looks like my brother.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »

DR Laura - No carpet pics?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »

It could be puberty.

Thank you, DR Dr.

...As well as a tertiary virginity.

I'm still waiting for secondary virginity. Living in the past, I suppose.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »

I like that DR DtM and I are holding the BIG OARS.       :)

You mean fondling.

I believe they prefer the term "caressing".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »

Guess I'd better shave.  It's been a few days.

And I suppose your hair is still in curlers!  How many bon-bons have you eaten today, my dear?

I believe DR DAW was referencing his legs.

I hope.

Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »

Thanks DR TCB!

And DR JoseSPiano, I've been to all of the venues listed, so I may have seen/heard you!  Have you performed at the Signature Theatre recently?

Kevin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »

I like that DR DtM and I are holding the BIG OARS.       :)

You mean fondling.

I believe they prefer the term "caressing".

That's too big a word for DR DAW. "Stroking" is a much better choice.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up