Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS IS APPROVED  (Read 15521 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THIS IS APPROVED
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

Oy, I just Googled the owner's name and it turns out he was involved in a really messy and well publicized lawsuit involving a Portland Police offcier.  Embezzlement, theft, all sorts of scary stuff.  And that's just the police officer.  :)

Maybe you're buying the West Coast Amityville Horror?

Howdy, DR KevinH!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »

Mmmmm, I'm trying a new sweet potato recipe and they smell great!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »

I just read that the USA network has renewed PSYCH and BURN NOTICE for another season each. Great news! (I would have been shocked if BURN NOTICE hadn't been renewed. Week in and week out, it was USA's most popular show this summer.)

Hoo and Ray!  I love "Psych"!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about Jane's mishap. Love and light goes to her and a speedy and pain free recovery.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »

Congrats on the Finian's Rainbow recording. Perhaps it will be a "compete" recording.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »

ASK BK

I see that Home Theater Forum is looking for reviewers. Do you have any interest in writing for them? I think you won't tow the company line and will be a kick in the pants that they need. I hardly ever read a review that isn't glowing. I know you will tell the truth.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »

ASK BK

I see that Home Theater Forum is looking for reviewers. Do you have any interest in writing for them? I think you won't tow the company line and will be a kick in the pants that they need. I hardly ever read a review that isn't glowing. I know you will tell the truth.

They're not interested in me to post there, let alone review for them.  I wouldn't want to anyway, and no, I would never toe the company line and would always tell it like it is - just as I did when I posted there.  Robert Harris has been trying to get me reinstated there because he knows I'm good for the place, but to no avail so far, which is a little shocking.

FJL

« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »

Mega-vibes to dear DR Jane

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »

Well, I'm off.  I'm meeting a friend for dinner at Applebee's, so I must be going.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »

I had a very unusual set of programs on the viewing schedule tonight.

I began with SUMMER STOCK. I hadn't watched it in a while, and it was good to see it again. It's a quite wonderful SD transfer, and it's a very entertaining movie.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »

ASK BK

Then you don't read enough reviews there.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »

Next I plucked PLANET EARTH off the shelf and watched "Jungles" which, like all of those episodes, is quite fascinating. And the HD is simply breathtaking.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »

I finished watching the rest of AS THE WORLD TURNS. Noah became a little more agreeable, but that may have simply been to get with the mood of the holiday episode and that the next time we see him, he'll be an ass again. We'll see.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »

And I concluded the evening with tonight's GLEE. I still hate the fake pregnancy storyline, but thankfully, there were enough numbers in the episode to wash partially the bitter thoughts of that subplot out of my brain. And "True Colors" was a lovely way to finish the episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2009, 07:28:11 PM »

I'm trying to watch a motion picture on Blu and Ray but I keep dozing off - what an exhausting day.  I still have to drive packages over to the post office, too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

REALLY Bad News:  just did a check, and there is no DSL or other high speed internet available out there.

Which means I may have to stop posting on HHW.

Which is really GOOD news for all of you.  :)

What about through Direct tv or other satellite

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »

I'm going to tidy up a few things on the computer desktop and then head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

Michael

« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »

ASK BK

I read the reviews of the films that I am interested in and of course yours. I have been disappointed in some of the dvds I have gotten after reading the reviews
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »

Michael S., how are you doing after your surgery?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »

Well, my sister and her husband arrived from Michigan this afternoon and are all tucked in at Mom's.  Their daughter has arrived from Illinois and is making herself comfortable in our guest room.  So, I guess tomorrow really is Thanksgiving and we're havin' a party!

Richard and I will put the turkey in the oven in time for me to see the hour of Broadway performances that precedes the Macy's parade.  Then, Laura (my niece) and I will get the table ready and I'll put green beans & ham on to simmer.

I think I better go to bed now - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2009, 08:16:49 PM »

I gave it the old college try but I simply cannot sit still for watching a motion picture.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

So, I'm catching up on CD listening.  Tomorrow I go back to every day jogging - I think I've put on about eight pounds in the last two weeks - not from overeating or anything, but from complete lack of exercise four or five days a week.  I will remove the eight pounds within two weeks, in time for my birthday.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »

ASK BK

He sure as heck didn't read mine, LOL.  (Neither did TCB).  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »

Extremely disturbing news--just as my realtor was leaving with signed papers yesterday, we heard an ambulance and then a firetruck, which zoomed down my street and stopped at my neighbor's.  We soon heard she was dead.  She had a beautiful Golden Retriever named Bodhi.  Betsy knew her quite well because she was a Public Defender and Betsy was Exec Dir of Oregon Women Lawyers for a few years.  We had heard rumblings about this almost immediately, but today the police presence just exploded, and the entire scene is now cordoned off as a crime scene and this article has just popped up on the online Oregonian:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/portland_police_investigate_ho_1.html

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »

DR JMK, that's awful news!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  This is a current neighbor or would have been a future neighbor?

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »

Oh wow, she was an Asst Federal Defender.  I didn't know her, but may have met her during my years as an FPD. We had annual seminars just for FPDs. I know a lot of them by sight but not by name

JMK

« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »

DR JMK, that's awful news!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  This is a current neighbor or would have been a future neighbor?

No, this is where we live now, the house you've been to.  A beautiful, quiet, well to do neighborhood.  We're a little freaked out, actually.

JMK

« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »

Oh wow, she was an Asst Federal Defender.  I didn't know her, but may have met her during my years as an FPD. We had annual seminars just for FPDs. I know a lot of them by sight but not by name

In fact I think we talked about her and the other FPD who lives on the other side of our house when you were here, Pat Ehlers.  It seems to me you thought you knew him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2009, 09:32:48 PM »

In fact I think we talked about her and the other FPD who lives on the other side of our house when you were here, Pat Ehlers.  It seems to me you thought you knew him.

i do remember that. You live in a very nice quiet area. One of the news reports said it's a homocide.  That's really got to be creepy. Make sure you lock your doors!

JMK

« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »

We do keep our doors locked most of the time, though Betsy is pretty lax.  I have been snarking about it for years, but I think this might be enough to convince her.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up