Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY I HATE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE  (Read 23122 times)

Miss Karen

Re: WHY I HATE THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »

Now, I mean it, I've got to scram ... Have a great day, Mikey!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »

Maybe JR has a clew as to the identity of the woman in my birthday greeting.  I thought I made it a dead giveaway by including her initials in the jpeg name.

I saw the JM, but couldn't figure it out. She looks like actress Elaine Edwards, but the JM threw me off, and I know it is't Jayne Mansfield...there isn't enough woman there for that.

There is one degree of separation between a recent discussion here on HHW, and two degrees of separation between this woman and one of the OC of Follies.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »

I believe I've determined definitively that one cannot live on Crunchberries alone.

What about cookies?

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »

Oh and when i went to the grocery store i looked for ready to bake cookies. They had some Pilsbury ones.

I had truly never seen them before.

They aren't too bad actually.  They don't taste as good as home made, but are a lot easier to make

Miss Karen

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2009, 08:01:01 AM »

The Page Four Jai Ho Bollywood Dance in honor of Mikey

(singing) Jaa-iii Ho!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

I was livid with the post office yesterday myself: NO MAIL! AT ALL!

I am expecting quite a few Amazon deliveries which have shipped, and I just found it hard to believe that none of them had gotten here yesterday. Maybe today I'll have a porch full of boxes.

DR Matt H, perhaps they are stuck somewhere in the snow.....seriously, if they had to come through the midwest, there could definitely be delays.   I've had a couple emails from UPS telling me my packages are delayed due to weather.  I know you don't have the snow, but if they had to go through an airport that's snowed in, well... just a guess

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2009, 08:08:48 AM »

My rant would be about prosecutors never keeping their word.  You reach an oral agreement, talk to your client, act on the fact that you have an agreement then when you get it in writing it's completely different and the response is always, well, yes, I agreed with you but my supervisor said we can't do that.   The latest one was the supervisor telling me over five different times he'd join in a motion I was filing.  I filed the motion and a week later he said "just wanted to give you a heads up that I won't be joining the motion after all" .    It drives me crazy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »

I'd like to do all my negotiating via email or letter, but as a practical matter you never get as good a deal that way.  So I guess I'll just scream or pull my hair out and keep on keeping on

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »

Speaking of work, I better get some done

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2009, 08:26:19 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm.....perhaps DR DRUXY recognizes the mysterious JM woman.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »

Damn....nevermind.....  It's Joan Marshall aka Jean Arless.....who played Yvonne DeCarlo's (FOLLIES) role in the pilot for television's THE MUNSTERS....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2009, 08:27:53 AM »

Just had to really look at the face and say.....Warren....is that you?

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

Tomorrow is

Macy's National Believe Day

and as part of the celebration they're "Calling All Virginias" and awarding them $10 gift cards.  Don't you think a Virginia whose BIRTHDAY coincides with the promotion should get something extra special?

We were already planning to go to one of the malls in Cincinnati tomorrow that has a Macy's.  They don't need to know that I really want to see the new Nordstrom and Vera Bradley stores.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48:43 AM »

This defensive driving online course I'm taking to get a discount on my car insurance rates is really very interesting.  The course time is 6 hours, and they won't let you advance to the next screen until what they have determined is an "appropriate" amount of time has passed.  There is a tick-down clock that lets you know, but it is still frustrating if you're a quick reader. 

And then there are various devices to make sure that you're paying attention.  If you don't advance to the next page within a certain acceptable time frame, it logs you out.  In addition, there are various "pop quizzes" that flash up on the screen that you have to answer within a certain number of seconds to verify that you're who you say you are.  At other times, it flashes on the screen that you have to call a toll free number within a certain number of seconds and do a voice-print verification.

DAW

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »

Thanks to all for the fashion tips!        :)

DAW

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

I reached out to a teacher from my remote youth a few days ago to belatedly thank them for their wonderful and positive influence on my life.

I just got the most thrilling and grateful response!        :)

DAW

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »

~~~COSTUMING VIBES [aka "Don't let the little hellions get you down!"]~~~
FOR DR MISS KAREN!!!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »

Jane

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2009, 08:55:51 AM »

TOD: I took my mother's sewing machine to the UPS Store to have it shipped to my sister. They packed it up so it would arrive safely and charged me $99. My sister said it arrived damaged.

:(

Jane

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2009, 08:59:07 AM »

My rant would be about prosecutors never keeping their word.  You reach an oral agreement, talk to your client, act on the fact that you have an agreement then when you get it in writing it's completely different and the response is always, well, yes, I agreed with you but my supervisor said we can't do that.   The latest one was the supervisor telling me over five different times he'd join in a motion I was filing.  I filed the motion and a week later he said "just wanted to give you a heads up that I won't be joining the motion after all" .    It drives me crazy!

i had no idea that went on, at least on a semi-regular basis.  it doesn't seem right.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »

I reached out to a teacher from my remote youth a few days ago to belatedly thank them for their wonderful and positive influence on my life.

I just got the most thrilling and grateful response!       
:D

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2009, 09:01:35 AM »

Jrand, the pain pill vibes worked last night

Vixmom, thank you.

Ginny the words of encouragement from Richard are a great help.  Did he surpass the expected recovery of arm mobility or was that always expected to return?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And... For my fellow East Coasters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »

Good Afternoon!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »

In other news...

After I logged off last night - a.k.a. a couple of hours ago - I actually thought I would end up just staying up, and heading out somewhere to breakfast around 7:00.  Well... I did listen to the NPR news for about an hour - I was trying to stay up to hear President Obama's Nobel Prize address.  Instead, I ended up hearing some snippets and commentary around 10:30.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2009, 09:10:52 AM »

the Mozart Christmas album

It appears this may be the Hampton Quartet arrangements, re-recorded with a larger string orchestra.   Perhaps.

OH! Thanks for the reminder: I still need to dig out those CDs - the Hampton String Quartet ones - to put them into my Holiday Music Rotation.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2009, 09:16:46 AM »

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »

Ginny the words of encouragement from Richard are a great help.  Did he surpass the expected recovery of arm mobility or was that always expected to return?

Jane, to be honest, he was more diligent with the PT after the surgery on his right shoulder than he was after the left.  Guess which one has better mobility now?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2009, 09:24:15 AM »

bk - First of all, I know that all those USPS forms can be a hassle, but, just be thankful that you're receiving orders from overseas. (And I know you know that, so...)

Secondly, and I know a couple of us DRs have mentioned this before, but... If you registered for a free account with the USPS Online Services, you could print labels, postage and customs forms online. Additionally, by registering with the USPS you would then qualify for at home package pick-up.  This would also make it easier to track all of your orders, and even arrange for merchandise returns if needed.  AND the USPS offers up to a 14% discount when you use their Click and Ship system.

Gee Jose, you could do a USPS commercial..  ;)   Very helpful info, thanks

:)

Well...

My brother, Don, is a regular eBay seller/buyer, and takes full advantage of the USPS "freebies".  His "day job" also involves shipping out various computer manuals and software, and sometimes he takes that work home with him.  He has one corner of his home office set up as a mailing center.  So, I've seen him and the "Click and Ship" system in action.  Sometimes the hardest part of the process is peeling the backing from the adhesive labels.

*One great "freebie" is their SCAN form.  And just what is a SCAN form, well... (from USPS.com):

What is a Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice (SCAN) Form?

The United States Postal Service® has a PC Postage feature called Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice (SCAN). You can use this feature to obtain a “Shipment Accepted” status for packages shipped using PC Postage applications. When a customer goes online to ship multiple packages, a SCAN Form (PS Form 5630) can be created at the end of the transaction. This form has one barcode associated with all of the packages in the shipment.

The mailer can give the packages to a letter carrier or bring the packages to the retail window. When the U.S. Postal Service™ employee scans the barcode on the SCAN Form, every package in the shipment receives a “Shipment Acceptance” event from the Post Office™. This single scan enters all of your associated packages into our database as “Shipment Accepted”. Both you and the recipient can see when a package was entered into the Postal Service’s mailstream by using USPS.com’s® Track & Confirm tool. Small businesses and online retailers can show customers that shipments really are on their way.

The SCAN Form is designed to better meet customer needs regarding tracking and visibility. It is important to note that items with online postage labels will show only the “Shipment Accepted” event scan. With this feature, mailers will have a complete online solution for shipping expedited packages - online labels with postage, free packaging, free Delivery Confirmation™ service, free Carrier Pickup service, and the ability to validate shipment acceptance.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »

*And now for the fine print...

The USPS "Click and Ship" system prints out a combined label and postage, and, due to the size of the label, it's meant for large envelopes and packages.  -The "C&S" labels may be too big to use on CD mailers.  However...

The USPS also has an online "Shipping Assistant" which prints out labels only. However, the "Shipping Assistant" also allows online processing of domestic and international mail, Priority Mail, and Customs Forms.  So, if you already have a postage meter at home, this is the other alternative, AND you can even integrate it with your postage meter to print out mailing and confirmation barcodes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:37:25 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up