Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEADING THE WAY  (Read 26315 times)

td

• td
Re: LEADING THE WAY
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

Autographs.   Well, I still wish I had Angela Lansbury's. . .I do have a nice note from her late husband Peter Shaw though.

My first autograph was from Vincent Price, who was doing a lecture at my high school.  He signed his autograph and gave me a big hug.

I treasure the cds which I have had autographed on the Varese/Name-that-Not-Be-Uttered/Kritzerland label, including Jason Graae, Alice Ripley, Michelle Nicastro, Susan Gordon and of course, BK, among others.  Off the top of my head:
Judy Kaye. Karen Morrow, Paige O'Hara, Michael Piontek.  I'm certain there are more.

Betty Buckley, of course.
Barbara Cook, too.

Oscar Winners:
Shirley Jones (cds and dvds).  Kevin Kline (PIRATES OF PENZANCE souvenir program, also signed by Tony Azito), Stephen Schwartz (WICKED cd and The Stephen Schwartz Songbook).  Dame Julie Andrews (many cds).

Raul Julia autographed the novel KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN as well as the OBC of NINE and the OST of MACK THE KNIFE.

And I, too, have an autographed copy of Richard Nixon's SIX CRISES, acquired when I was in grade school at a PTA sponsored White Elephant Sale. 

And then there's the dvd of THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL. . .yep, BK, autographed that as well as the dvd of NAKED SPACE.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:12:28 AM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:36 AM »

In the world of cabaret, I have autographs from David Campbell, Lee Lessack, John Bucchino and Philip Officer.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »

RE: Barbary Coast

Yes DR MICHAEL S - it's a bit of a mystery.  I shall keep my eye out for a TV GUIDE from that week - none on EBAY right now.  And it should have the network listings for 10/20/58 no matter what local edition it is.

We shall discover what this is all about.  I am sure the world will not rest until we do.

DR JMK I used to watch the BARBARY COAST show you wrote about....I think Dennis Cole was in it....and maybe Rod Taylor.  It was way back in the 20th century.  :D

Shocking news reports DR JOSE.  Be careful out there.  :-\

You could also go to a local library and look up the tv listings for a daily newspaper on microfilm.

Greetings from Toyland!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2009, 09:21:51 AM »

TOD:

I've never been big on collecting autographs but I do have a few:

Lily Tomlin
Geraldine Fitzgerald
Buzz Aldrin

I think I would also like an autograph from JFK.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »

And now... Courtesy of Failblog.org...

Pantomime Fail (YouTube)

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2009, 09:42:07 AM »

Off to a holiday gig, then the first of two pool inspections.  Pray for Rosemary's pool.  Or at least my potential pool.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

>>>haven’t had that in a while, but whilst we were having fun, one “person” had to show up and do her business. And that’s all I’ll say, because she obviously gets off on having the attention.

Hi, Bruce!

Not at all. If a "certain person" hadn't mentioned my name  here, I wouldn't have had to post anything.  You dont' want me to post here, don't mention my name here.

As for getting off on the attention -- pot, kettle, black.

I mean, come on.... someone starts putting signed postcards in books and all of a sudden it's your idea?  And you want them to tell every single person who buys such a book that it was the idea of the great Bruce Kimmel?  It is to laugh!

Couple of days ago you posted that YouTUbe URL to the Brain. Not enough people waxed rhapsodic about it...so you post it the next day!  Then people realize you're a bit ticked off, and t hey rush in to say good things about it...

Not enough people wax rhapsodic about your new CD...so you complain about it and then of course your friends wag their heads ruefully and say, Jeez, he's off again, I'd better go praise it.

Heck, I'm sure the CD is just great...but do you really think anyone would have the nerve to say otherwise?

You and your pecedillos are well known, and thought of fondly, I"m sure.

I don't think it's my pecedillos (sic) that are in question here - they are yours.  But let's break it down for our dear readers:

First of all, this woman was on a Doctor Who board complaining about ME.  Let's just ponder that for a while.  I've never posted on a Dr. Who board and, in fact, have never seen the show - but she goes on there and posts about ME.  O-kay. 

Second of all, if a book dealer from out of town had begun putting signed cards in books, maybe I wouldn't have mentioned it.  Since it's a local dealer, and one I know well, and one to whom this site is known - I don't think it's much of a leap to figure it out.  Of course, that doesn't suit your peculiar pecedillos (sic).

Third off, I re-posted the URL to the Brain clip because I think the clip is adorable, not for people to post things.  Some people are too busy to occasionally see all the posts and therefore I occasionally re-post things.  You really are a bit insane, I think. 

Fourth off, I don't consider the particular CD in question "my" CD - I would post the same thing no matter who released an incredible Elmer Bernstein score or two.  But that doesn't suit your pecedillos (sic).  Anyone who knows me at all (you're not one of them) knows I cheerlead other label's CDs ALL the time.  And yes, on the occasion someone hasn't liked a CD we've issued, they've said so.  And though I know you know this - they're not talking about the quality of the packaging or sound, they're talking about the MUSIC - it may not appeal to everyone.  But that doesn't suit your pecedillos (sic).

Fifth off, I apologize for feeding the troll - she really does follow me around wherever I post - and she really does have a plethora of usernames with which to attempt to cause problems.  But its obvious when it's her - I mean, like when an actor's acting slip is showing, 3DDiffusion's pecedillos (sic) slip is showing.

Sic indeed.  Go away on your own.  Otherwise I'll just make it easy for you to never post here again.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:19:11 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2009, 10:19:54 AM »

And I'm up - I didn't get to sleep until after two, so I needed the sleep.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

DR ELMORE - I can't use Micro fiche - I get car sick.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »

Que es "pecedillos"?

Maybe that is a foreign word for cranberries.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »

LOL....I don't think I have ever been referred to as a "certain person", but it is kind of intoxicating.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

Cranberries!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post - kiss my ASS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »

The sun is sort of out, depending on which minute it is.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2009, 10:46:37 AM »

Much colder today here - no spring like weather to be sure.

I now own LA DOLCE VITA which I will watch this evening.  I also bought WHAT'S UP DOC? for only $5.79.....and LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME for the same price.

I also got a copy of Leo Lerman's journals for just $6 including shpg.  It is an interesting book, so far.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

I'll tell you what just occurred to me and which says all that need be said about pecedillos (sic) - Jrand made one comment in a post buried in the middle of a lot of posts - that means that a certain person must read every single post on this board every day.  Seems kind of creepy to me - I'm sure the certain person would say she just finds it all amusing how everyone's pecedillos (sic - and especially mine own) are on display, but that would not tell the story, oh, no, that would not tell the story.  The story is one of obsession and must include a subplot about some perceived slight the certain person must think she received from the likes of me.  That's the only thing that makes sense.  Of course, rather than simply write me about it, she creates many usernames and begins to follow me around the Internet, finding whatever chat boards I occasionally post on, and doing her thing.  But her pecedillo (sic) post speaks for itself and I shall say no more, oh, yes, I shall say no more - EXCEPT - kiss my ASS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

Who is Leo Lerman - why does that name sound familiar to me?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »

Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?  Has this film ever been on video?  I've never seen it and would like to.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »

Some signed things I have that mean a lot to me:  A first edition of Thurber Country signed by James Thurber and has a little drawing of a Thurber dog.  Love that.

All my Ira Levin first editions signed to me - especially Rosemary's Baby, which contains a lengthy inscription hoping we'll get to do Drat! The Cat! - which of course we did.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »

Here's a link to the book MR BK.  Can be had for less than $5 - and more than worth it.  I think DR JMK mentioned him some time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Surprise-Journals-Leo-Lerman/dp/1400044391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260903415&sr=8-1

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »

DR JOSE your "fail" link was most amusing.  I looked at several of them - some funny, some sad - some just....Bee-zarre.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »

Dakota, your new avatar is very pretty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

Others that are personal to me:

First editions of Gypsy and Anyone Can Whistle inscribed to me by my close personal friend, Stephen Sondheim.

First edition of Damn Yankees with a wonderful long inscription from Richard Adler.  Same with The Fantasticks from Harvey and Tom.

Notes from American classical composers Robert Ward, Homer Keller, and several others, when we did their CDs at Bay Cities.

Signed LPs of Providence and This Earth Is Mine - by Rozsa and Friedhofer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »

Yes indeedy - one must read EVERY post on HHW because it may be referenced a few pages hence and you will be LOST!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »

Thanks for the link, Jrand.  I'm pretty sure I had some sort of contact or correspondence with Lerman in the late 80s during the Bay Cities days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »

I'm thinking of toddling over to Hugo's for some pasta papa.  Or not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »

I haven't had pasta papa in a week, so I could toddle over there and have some.  Or not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

And just because it needs to be said: Cranberries.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »

Good morning!

It was very mild this morning, and I actually could have done my walk without a sweatshirt. Very odd for the middle of December. It's foggy and a trifle misty here, too.

i'm envious.  if the weather were nicer i could go for walks, nothing wrong with my legs.  i simply can't get my warm clothes on.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »

Buddy Hackett was doing a show at the WinterGarden with Eddie Fisher.  One night after the show at the bar,  Eddie's ex Miss Elizabeth Taylor was Topic A.  All the show biz types were saying what they would offer La Liz to appear in one of their motion pictures....a million dollars, a million and a percentage....etc etc. 

Mr Hackett said he would offer her "one thousand dollars."  Everyone at the table was aghast and questioned his sanity.  Mr Hackett then replied:  "I would offer her one thousand dollars.  She would say 'Kiss my ass' - and that's all I wanted to begin with. "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up