Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEADING THE WAY  (Read 26410 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LEADING THE WAY
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes led the way, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently leading the way to who knows where.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LEADING THE WAY
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: NUMINOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:19:37 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

George, thanks for the link to the kiss my ASS t-shirt - I bought it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 12:25:19 AM »

Cool!  I hope you post a picture of it when you get it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »

But of course.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 12:32:32 AM »

Cranberries.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »

Hmmm....

Is a new CD in the works?

der Brucer

If so, I know one DR who'll wet his pants!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 12:42:18 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday to KarenL, whomever she is.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »

BK,

You commented that She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's Avatar reminds you of Edith head - Well it should: it is the image of Edna Mode from the Animated Film "The Incredibles" which was intended to be a caricature of Head.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 01:04:07 AM »

I have Cole Porter's autograph on a playbill from his not so successful Around the World In 80 Days
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 01:13:11 AM »

BK,

You commented that She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's Avatar reminds you of Edith head - Well it should: it is the image of Edna Mode from the Animated Film "The Incredibles" which was intended to be a caricature of Head.

der Brucer

Now I know why the film irritates me....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 01:14:22 AM »

JRand59

A is A.

Re: MUSICAL NOTES
« Reply #575 on: December 14, 2009, 11:32:22 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR DAKOTA - you can KEEP that weather please!

AS a reply to JRand.....

Why????  It is the holiday season and it is important to share... I am sure the others would agree  ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 01:15:28 AM »

::::: biting tongue :::::::

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 01:23:31 AM »

TOD:

Winston Churchill - I have always admired him
Harrison Ford
Princess Diana
Angela Lansbury - Classy woman
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Bono of U2

those are the ones i can think of now.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 04:39:06 AM »

Quote from: Edisaurus on December 14, 2009, 11:20:55 PM

Ben and Ant are wonderful hosts! I hope they had the yule log on the TV!

You're no small shakes yourself sister!

Yes, we had the Yule Log and festive holiday music including Charlie Brown and Leroy Anderson. It was quite festive.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

Quote from: JoseSPiano on December 15, 2009, 02:01:05 AM

DR Ben - So... How early do you think you'll be finishing tomorrow? I really was hoping to make it down there last week, but, as I alluded to earlier, I've been in research mode the past couple of days. In any case...

I really do admire the work that you and Ant and the rest of the volunteers do around this time of the year. On behalf of some of my friends past and present who benefit from your generosity, "Thank You".

We begin around 10am and will probably be done sometime around 1:30 or 2pm.  If you can make it, great, if not, unfortunately, there is always next next year.

One of our dear friends, who is a client of Actors Fund, receives a bag every year and he always tells us how much it means to him to receive the contents. It makes the whole time worthwhile.

And again, a big thank you to Kevin for jumping in yesterday as a newbie and emerging as a Hero member, even if his numbers don't show it yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:47:36 AM by Ben »

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 04:45:51 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm up early today to get some puttering done here at home before going out to help Mom pick out the new carpet they're going to install in her home-to-be.  She's color blind and has always depended on others to help with big color decisions.  We'll also take the measurements of her furniture along and try to get some idea of what will go where.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 04:52:12 AM »

Good morning, all! Today, after the move to a new law firm, this is my first day back to the McGlinnventory in some time. We're now at Park Avenue and 23rd Street, which means a subway to 23rd and a crosstown bus from Seventh Avenue to Park. Following that, I need to stop at Toyland at 6th and 27th to pick up a book from my desk, and then I am off to MTI at 54th and 10th to drop off the remainder of THE MOST HAPPY FELLA score.

I'm currently proofing the Moross score to RACHEL RACHEL, which I hope to finish today or tomorrow, and then I move back to his Civil War show, GENTLEMEN BE SEATED. I need to win the lottery big time so I can do recordings of this show and THE GOLDEN APPLE. He's too good a composer to be unperformed or unlistened.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 05:11:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: NUMINOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 05:26:51 AM »

TOD:

I'd love to have a Winston Churchill autograph.  I think he was the greatest man of the 20th century.

I do, however, have a Simon Wiesentahal, who I greatly admire.

Among my many most cherished show biz signatures are autographed lobby cards of Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Orson Welles, Clark Gable, Randolph Scott, Ronald Reagan, John Garfield, a LC from STAGE DOOR signed by Katharine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers and Lucille Ball, a LC from KISS ME KATE signed by Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson, Ann Miller and Tommy Rall, etc.

I also have some sheet music, signed by George M. Cohan, Al Jolson, Fred Astaire, Maurice Chevalier, etc.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 06:26:41 AM »

On this date in 1973 (mind you, not 1873) the American Psychiatric Association  caused great controversy by declaring that "homosexuality does not meet the criteria for being a psychiatric disorder" and quit classifying it as a mental illness.
I like boat races.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 06:37:19 AM »

>>>haven’t had that in a while, but whilst we were having fun, one “person” had to show up and do her business. And that’s all I’ll say, because she obviously gets off on having the attention.

Hi, Bruce!

Not at all. If a "certain person" hadn't mentioned my name  here, I wouldn't have had to post anything.  You dont' want me to post here, don't mention my name here.

As for getting off on the attention -- pot, kettle, black.

I mean, come on.... someone starts putting signed postcards in books and all of a sudden it's your idea?  And you want them to tell every single person who buys such a book that it was the idea of the great Bruce Kimmel?  It is to laugh!

Couple of days ago you posted that YouTUbe URL to the Brain. Not enough people waxed rhapsodic about it...so you post it the next day!  Then people realize you're a bit ticked off, and t hey rush in to say good things about it...

Not enough people wax rhapsodic about your new CD...so you complain about it and then of course your friends wag their heads ruefully and say, Jeez, he's off again, I'd better go praise it.

Heck, I'm sure the CD is just great...but do you really think anyone would have the nerve to say otherwise?

You and your pecedillos are well known, and thought of fondly, I"m sure.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »

I did a LOT of autograph collecting back in the early 1990s...and of course, continue to do so whenever I am able to attend the Hollywood Collectors show in Burbank.

Among my most favorite autographs are Dorothy Neumann, June Kenney, Pamela Duncan, Penny Singleton, and Gordon Mitchell. Actually all of my in-person autographs mean a great deal to me. One of these days I will scan them and show them off.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 06:44:15 AM »

>>>haven’t had that in a while, but whilst we were having fun, one “person” had to show up and do her business. And that’s all I’ll say, because she obviously gets off on having the attention.

Hi, Bruce!

Not at all. If a "certain person" hadn't mentioned my name  here, I wouldn't have had to post anything.  You dont' want me to post here, don't mention my name here.

As for getting off on the attention -- pot, kettle, black.

I mean, come on.... someone starts putting signed postcards in books and all of a sudden it's your idea?  And you want them to tell every single person who buys such a book that it was the idea of the great Bruce Kimmel?  It is to laugh!

Couple of days ago you posted that YouTUbe URL to the Brain. Not enough people waxed rhapsodic about it...so you post it the next day!  Then people realize you're a bit ticked off, and t hey rush in to say good things about it...

Not enough people wax rhapsodic about your new CD...so you complain about it and then of course your friends wag their heads ruefully and say, Jeez, he's off again, I'd better go praise it.

Heck, I'm sure the CD is just great...but do you really think anyone would have the nerve to say otherwise?

You and your pecedillos are well known, and thought of fondly, I"m sure.

???
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »

Good morning!

It was very mild this morning, and I actually could have done my walk without a sweatshirt. Very odd for the middle of December. It's foggy and a trifle misty here, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »

Unless something pressing arrives in the mail, I shall have today off. With only one disc in the review stack (8 1/2 on Blu-ray) and it's not coming out until January 12th, I feel I can wait a bit to tackle it.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 07:00:08 AM »

I am invited to my friend Jeff's house for dinner tonight. He and his boy friend are arranging an "introduction," not something I asked for, believe me, but it should be a pleasant evening, and if I make a new friend at the end of it, so much the better.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 07:03:06 AM »

I have a script from the first season of LAW & ORDER: SVU which is signed by all of the cast regulars then (which means Dean Winters' name is there but Ice-T is not, thank goodness).

I've got Patty Duke's signature around here somewhere, done when she was doing her television series (I was a big fan).

And lots of Playbills with signatures - Ann Miller in MAME and Brian Stokes Mitchell in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN come to mind immediately.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 07:06:16 AM »

GLEE led all TV series with four nominations today in the Golden Globe Awards nominations. It got nods for Best Comedy/Musical Series, Best Actor for Matthew Morrison, Best Actress for Lea Michelle, and Best Supporting Actress for Jane Lynch.

MODERN FAMILY was also nominated along with THE OFFICE, 30 ROCK and, ugh, ENTOURAGE, all for Best Comedy Series.

MAD MEN got Best Drama SEries, Best Actor, Best Actress (January Jones) nominations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up