Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS!  (Read 17470 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
« Reply #270 on: December 25, 2009, 10:04:57 PM »

Yeah, that's what I figured - that shouldn't happen after two tries.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm full!

Of food, that is. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »

bk - You just have to reset your password.  You should have received another pop-up screen which would have directed you to the Password Recovery/Reset screen. -They ask you for your email, and they send one of those "click-thru" deals.

In the meantime, just start up iTunes on your computer, and click on "iTunes Store".  Once you get the store home screen, just click on your "name" in the top, right-hand corner.  That should bring you to your account log-in screen - and since you reset your password, it should then walk you through the password recovery/reset process.   Of course, since you set up another iTunes account, well... -And I'm not sure how you set up another iTunes account since the accounts are usually tied into your iPhone and computer, but...

Good Luck!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »

Tonight's offerings at the Austin Family Christmas Dinner:

Smoked Turkey, Baked Ham, Dressing I, Dressing II, Cranberry-Pecan Relish, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Sausage Balls, Gravy, Mac'n'Cheese, Lima Beans, Corn, Deviled Eggs, Shrimp Cocktail, Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips, Cocktail Meatballs, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Almond Cookies, Cinnamon Chip Cookies, Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels, Brownies, Rum(!) Balls, Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Cheeseball, Crackers, Spritz Cookies and Assorted Hershey's Miniatures.

<burp>

Excuse me.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »

And it turned out to be quite a nice gathering tonight.  No tears were shed, well at least not by any of the adults in attendance.  Steve has two new nephews, Gavin and Trip, who are four months and three months respectively.  Needless to say, they were the center of attention for most of the evening.  I also found out that Steve has been christened "The Baby Whisperer" for his ability to sometimes magically quiet down a fussy baby. :)

It was great seeing Steve's family again, and the food this year was quite plentiful and quite delicious.  Once we got over the fact that Steve's father has cut one of his smoked turkeys in half with a chainsaw, well...  But maybe that's why the smoked turkey was extra delicious and moist this year? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #275 on: December 25, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

On my way back to my parents' house, I went ahead and stopped at Steve's building to take a picture of the Richmond skyline from the roof.  -It looked kind of cool with the fog starting to roll in.  I also stopped into The Jefferson Hotel to take a few pics of their Christmas tree, along with their legendary staircase - which may or may not have been the inspiration for the one in "Gone With The Wind".  -I've lost track of what the final verfict was on that local legend.  -Oh, and Monkey liked the tree too.  ;)

*I'll post pics in the morning, but in the meantime, you can also check my Facebook page or my TwitPic stream.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: December 25, 2009, 10:55:17 PM »

I went to download an ap for my iPhone - as usual it asked me for my itunes username and password - I accidentally misspelled my username twice, then got it right, but I got a message saying the account was disabled from too many tries - so I couldn't do anything, and it didn't give me any way to reset it.  I finally just set up another account, but can any of our iPhoners tell me how to reset the original account so it will be abled rather than disabled?

And once you reset your password/account on/via your computer, you will most likely get a "Please Confirm Account Information" screen on your iPhone.  -I just went through this myself, so.. Just be patient, and type carefully.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Glad to know that your cat-sitter was able to get through.  Do you have any idea at this point when you think it will be safe for you to venture home?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: December 25, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

Hope all had a Merry Christmas. I spent the day away from the computer. Just catching up after too much beef tenderloin and scalloped potatoes, cran-raspberry dressing (not razzleberry, but close) and all the rest of the great food friends brought to the feast.

For some unknown reason, I thought you had typed "too much beer tenderloin". I was about to ask just exactly what "beer tenderloin" was, but...

Merry Christmas!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2009, 10:58:57 PM »

And now for your holiday viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jn0U_OsvHA

She should really have her own TV show!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »

And now for your holiday viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jn0U_OsvHA

Well, they do say that some thing have to be seen to be believed, and well...

Yes, Virginia, there is floop.

;)

*Where was the Swedish Chef Hat?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »

DR Laura and Sandra - Would you mind if I Twitter'd that? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2009, 11:07:54 PM »

I did as Jose suggested.  In iTunes I was still signed on with my usual name.  So, I went back to the iPhone, signed out of iTunes from the new account, signed in with the old and it worked fine and all is well and I've just downloaded several aps that are fun, including amazon, dragon dictation, which is a voice recognition thing - you speak into the phone and it translates what you're saying into text that you can then save or e-mail or text message - it's astonishing how accurate it is, and much better than tapping away on the teeny-tiny keyboard.  I got Yelp, I got imdb, I got google, also voice recognition where you just speak into the phone what you want to google and it finds it - not nearly as accurate as Dragon but still fun.  I got a restaurant tip calculator, too.

MBarnum

« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

Had a wonderful meal at my neice's house, and she, her husband Brian, my sis and brother in law, and my mom all played the new version of Monopoly...this version has debit cards rather then play money...makes it so much easier...it was lots of fun...

I was the first to go bankrupt.

Mom won...of course she has been playing Monopoly since 1935, so has had a bit more practice at it then the rest of us.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »

DR elmore - Thank You for your partay reports.  -I'm hoping that Skip documented his culinary feats throughout the day and posted them on his Facebook page.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »

Had a wonderful meal at my neice's house, and she, her husband Brian, my sis and brother in law, and my mom all played the new version of Monopoly...this version has debit cards rather then play money...makes it so much easier...it was lots of fun...

I was the first to go bankrupt.

Mom won...of course she has been playing Monopoly since 1935, so has had a bit more practice at it then the rest of us.

DR MBarnum - Haven't you been "bankrupt" since 1935, so to speak?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »

DR FJL - Rifts happen.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »

And in the real world...

So... Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins broke up? Really? Who cares? ;)

And something we should care about: the terror attempt on a Northwest Airlines flight a few hours ago.  I'm still reading some of the incomplete and inconclusive news reports, but still... Scary stuff.  I can't imagine what this incident is going to do the airline security screening lines as travelers start to return home this holiday weekend.  Of course, THE big question is how did this guy manage to get through airport security with explosive powder taped his legs and and chemicals in a syringe in the first place.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

Welcome nine GUESTS who suddenly became seven GUESTS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2009, 11:26:18 PM »

After seeing DR RonP's pictures (of the houses with lights on outside) i'm curious if there are a lot of decorated houses where DRs live.

I was wondering also if it's more common in places where this is a lot of snow.

Here there are tons of houses with lights on outside (probably more than 1/3 of all houses).  But there are so many that are completely gawdy!

I don't think there's any "geographic boundairies" in regards to who decorates and who doesn't decorate the outside of their houses.  Snow or no snow, some people just like to add a little sparkle to their homes during the holidays.  -And some people really like to add some sparkle and spinning lights and blow-up santas and life-sized reindeer and music(!) to their homes during the holidays.

*If the rain holds off tomorrow night, I'm going to drive around Richmond and check out some of the houses that are listed in the annual "Tacky Lights" listing in the newspaper. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2009, 11:29:17 PM »

In other news...  I need to get to bed.  I'm gonna need to be well-rested for the arrival of my nieces and nephew in a couple of hours. :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »

DR Laura and Sandra - Would you mind if I Twitter'd that? ;)

I think Sandra would prefer that just the HHW folks viewed that. No one else would get the "joke" and would make unkind comments.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »

And in the real world...

And something we should care about: the terror attempt on a Northwest Airlines flight a few hours ago...  I can't imagine what this incident is going to do the airline security screening lines as travelers start to return home this holiday weekend. 

I bought a plane ticket a few days ago, and I don't remember ever being required to give my date of birth before. Seems like there are already an awful lot of security things to go through now.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up