Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY I SHALL NOT BE RUMINATING  (Read 18356 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: TODAY I SHALL NOT BE RUMINATING
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »

Today is a work day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 07:00:04 AM »

Page Two
Blue Tree & Snow Dance.  ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 07:11:35 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful but cold this morning, and it's going to get even colder over the next few days. Yikes! My walk felt good this morning, but I'll have to bundle up more over the next couple of days.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:44 AM »

I've got the Blu-ray of 8 1/2 primed to be watched this afternoon, so I'm finally going to get to it. I'd love nothing more than another day off, but I don't want to put it off again, have those Fox Blu-rays arrive tomorrow and be rushing around trying to finish stuff at the last minute.

I do still plan to just watch the film and do the commentary today and spend tomorrow (or if Fox discs come some other afternoon) doing the bonus features.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 07:14:36 AM »

Tonight I'd like to watch REVOLUTIONARY ROAD which (I'm counting on) recorded last night off HBO-HD.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »

I read that SHERLOCK HOLMES had the largest Christmas opening day gross in history. I had no idea folks were that eager to see it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 07:23:56 AM »

Good morning, all! DR JRand59, that is a beautifully blue tree!

I slept late, and I have little to do but work around the apartment on various and sundry projects, which is good. I may not even leave the building today.

I do recall that I had a dream last night about missing a bus - there was a really crowded subway at some point as well - because it wouldn't accept my token and then I was suddenly riding another bus whose destination was uncertain to me and it was turning off Broad Street onto first Avenue in my hometown, so I was no longer even in Manhattan.

I, too, know Michael Gruber; I met him when I was working on the Papermill Playhouse production of RED HOT AND BLUE with Debbie Gravitte. I met him again on sessons for a couple of John Yap recordings, WONDERFUL TOWN and MOST HAPPY FELLA; he's also on the complete FOLLIES recording using the Papermill cast.

And now I have things to do, like vacuum and tidy up the place.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »

I'm heading down now to get laundry ready for washing and then settling in for some TV leisure viewing before I have to start fixing something for lunch.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 07:34:43 AM »

I slept late, and I have little to do but work around the apartment on various and sundry projects, which is good. I may not even leave the building today.

I do recall that I had a dream last night about missing a bus - there was a really crowded subway at some point as well - because it wouldn't accept my token and then I was suddenly riding another bus whose destination was uncertain to me and it was turning off Broad Street onto first Avenue in my hometown, so I was no longer even in Manhattan.

I, too, know Michael Gruber; I met him when I was working on the Papermill Playhouse production of RED HOT AND BLUE with Debbie Gravitte. I met him again on sessons for a couple of John Yap recordings, WONDERFUL TOWN and MOST HAPPY FELLA; he's also on the complete FOLLIES recording using the Papermill cast.

That's right, DR Elmore. He IS on the Papermill FOLLIES. That had completely floated out of my brain.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »

I watched 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY on Blu Ray last night - and has been mentioned and reported here - it is a most wonderful Blu Ray disk.  I am glad I purchased it, even though I have it on regular DVD.  Much better picture and some great extras.

Amazon is still selling the Blu Ray for $9.49! Who knows how long that price will last!  It is quite the bargain.

And now I am off to work.

Kit Lo

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »

To Mr. Kimmel: I best be sending you excellent car-shopping and money vibes. What kind of car are you lookin' for?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 07:54:54 AM »

That's right, DR Elmore. He IS on the Papermill FOLLIES. That had completely floated out of my brain.

He's also on a couple of the John Yap's "complete" show recordings that seem to have gone into limbo. I don't know if they'll ever surface.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 07:56:39 AM »

To Mr. Kimmel: I best be sending you excellent car-shopping and money vibes. What kind of car are you lookin' for?

I had meant to mention that and forgot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Income and Car Dealer Vibes for BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »

I forgot to mention that this series is now available on DVD. I'm stil bummed the network (HERE? LOGO? I forget) refused to continue it.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2009, 08:16:02 AM »

Hmmm, now that you mention it, Jose, i guess Michael Gruber was dressed in somewhat revealing fashion in SWING, helping the performance to be on the incendiary side. IIRC, there was a dream sequence where he was open-shirted, or at least open pajama-topped (amnd before anyone asks, he was wearing pants. 

Ben

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

We will be heading home from Christmas on Long Island (that's a good movie title) early this afternoon. It's 50 degrees right now and we both have heavy winter coats. It will be a warm walk from the subway to the apartment but at least it's not raining.

All the rain here on the Island melted maybe 80% of the snow and I imagine even more is gone on the Isle of Manhattan.

We had a very nice Christmas and Boxing Day and now I still have an entire week of vacation! Yea Me!

When we get home I will set up the Ion Tape2PC which we received as a present.

Julie

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:35 AM »

Good morning!  Yes, I have 11 more minutes to still be able to call it morning. 

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »

I read that SHERLOCK HOLMES had the largest Christmas opening day gross in history. I had no idea folks were that eager to see it.

The trailers shown in the theatres made it look very inviting - my grandlads have it on their must-see list.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I slept fitfully.  Fitfully I slept.  Slept I fitfully. Fitfully slept I.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »

I am getting another Infinity - the G37.  I have owned an Infiniti I30 for eleven years now, and it has been the best car I've ever owned.  They don't make that model anymore - they only make two models now, the G37 and the M35, whereas they used to have the G class, the I class, and the Q class.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »

I am getting another Infinity - the G37. 

The Journey sedan?

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »

Oy and vey - just got an e-mail from my big online dealer - I was hoping he'd pay the Clouseau invoice in full (yes, that's four CDs ago) but they'd already just sent the check for half.  So, that's just not going to change and as long as the checks come in every week I think it'll all be okay.  We're announcing a new title the first week of January so that will generate some sales, and my other online dealers have to pay for Empire and Rhapsody by Wednesday, so that will, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »

I don't know from a Journey - is that a specific model of the G37?  All I know is midnight blue and four doors.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »

I don't know from a Journey - is that a specific model of the G37?  All I know is midnight blue and four doors.

Like this?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2009, 10:29:58 AM »

~~~excellent new motor car and money vibes~~~
for bk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »

This is true, Cillaliz. I hope she's ok.

Cal missing her meds is really why I decided to try to get home. 

Of course.  VIBES SHE CONTINUES TO BE FINE!

i was also glad you didn't mention you were driving home until after you had safely arrived.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:38:07 AM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »

Test vibes for DR singingnymph!

Jane

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

From tcb:
I was very surprised at the security when I was in Europe.  I, of course, set off all the alarms with my artificial body parts.  Usually in the U.S. they use the metal detector and a short pat down on me.  But on both flights leaving London and the one flight leaving Barcelona; these guys went farther than I have had guys go on our first or second date.

i see my future & i'm not thrilled.  i was told i need to get a card from my doctor to show at security check in.  do you have one? 

Jane

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »

Cilla, glad the icing helped.  It eases my pain.  I’ve been cutting back on the anti nausea meds and cut back too much.  L was rather sick before bedtime & barely kept the anti nasea & pain pills down.  Too afraid to take more pain meds during the night I kep using the ice packs. 

Jose, thanks for checking the Jefferson is dog friendly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up