Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY I SHALL NOT BE RUMINATING  (Read 18031 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: TODAY I SHALL NOT BE RUMINATING
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »

Channel 13 is showing a wonderful new film version of LA BOHEME with Anna Nebtrebko at the moment. It's a really beautiful production.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:52:53 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

I've been nosing around on the Internet and Craig's List for Infiniti and found a small dealer literally five minutes from here - in fact, I've jogged by it many times over the last couple of years.  They have a 2009 black four-door with 741 miles at a very nice price - full warranty, etc.  I'm sure they'll come down off that price, too, maybe by 1K or 1500K.  If they did, I'd have to consider that strongly.  In fact, I may stop there before going to the Glendale dealer tomorrow at eleven, to see what their best price is, because it wouldn't hurt to have that info with me for Glendale. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

Awaiting the helper.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

Channel 13 is showing a wonderful new film version of LA BOHEME with Anna Nebtrebko at the moment. It's a really beautiful production.

Someone reviewed this quite some time ago.  Of course it was harder to plagiarize this review since MattH hadn't already reviewed it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »

Good afternoon.  I'm pooped!  I dug out the sidewalk and was able to dig out the front door so it will open if necessary.  I also took a shovel upstairs and cleared off part of the roof where a nasty ice jam is forming. The former owners told me to be sure and keep that area clear. 

Then I made my way to Wal Mart to get some groceries.  It was sort of eerie, the vegetables bins were almost all empty, as were the meat racks.  There were very few people in the store.  I got what I needed and came home to find my neighbor clearing the end of my driveway. Apparently someone with a blade had filled in the driveways by the road.   I really don't know what I would do without my neighbors this storm.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 11:57:41 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »

I bought a little JennyO turkey roast that is in the oven.   The only potatoes were a small bag of microwave steamers.  So I got those and some frozen vegetables.   I didn't really get a Christmas dinner at my parent's house, so I'm making it here...OH....how on earth could I forget that I have cranberries!

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »

I also bought a yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting....one of MY favorites...so I think I will make it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2009, 11:56:28 AM »

My arms and shoulders are very sore.  I think I will take a hot bath soon

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »

A very late but from the heart,  Happy Holidays everyone.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »

~~~excellent new motor car and money vibes~~~
for bk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~!!!!!!DITTO!!!!!!~~~

TRITTO
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »

When I bought my Honda many years ago I brought a friend with me to help with negotiations. Said friend is quite a hard bargainer. However, he just sat there, reading a magazine--he gets VERY engrossed--while I did all the negotiating! Pooh! But it taught me to do the negotiating myself. As it happened, my first choice was for the grey model, but they didn't have any on the lot. They did have navy blue, however, which was my second choice. They really, really wanted to sell it. I kept saying, "But I really like the grey one." I was persistent and saved IIRC $1500 by buying the blue one. The two cars were identical otherwise. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

So, Bruce, DEAL!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »

hi jeanne

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »

I think I've only bought two cars new. I've had good experiences buying cars that are one to three years old. But I don't drive a lot.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »

Hi, Jane. Glad you're able to reduce your meds a bit.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »

Now, regarding Cillaliz's snow adventures, I am confused. Your neighbors cleared your driveway while you were away, and you cleared your front door today. But how did you get into your house when you first got home?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »

And the word of the day is: ACNESTIS!

If This Word Of The Day is  a repeat-Which I believe It Is Then I will Repeat my Song Of The Day Which Is:

IT NEVER ENTERED MY MIND

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

From tcb:
I was very surprised at the security when I was in Europe.  I, of course, set off all the alarms with my artificial body parts.  Usually in the U.S. they use the metal detector and a short pat down on me.  But on both flights leaving London and the one flight leaving Barcelona; these guys went farther than I have had guys go on our first or second date.

i see my future & i'm not thrilled.  i was told i need to get a card from my doctor to show at security check in.  do you have one? 

I have asked several screeners if I should get a card from my doctor.  The general response has been that it doesn't make much of a difference one way or another.  You still get turned over to the other screener, who will ask you the same questions and go through the same routine.  So, I haven't bothered getting one.  The last one in London was so, uhm, meticulous that I suggested we have dinner later.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »

From tcb:
I was very surprised at the security when I was in Europe.  I, of course, set off all the alarms with my artificial body parts.  Usually in the U.S. they use the metal detector and a short pat down on me.  But on both flights leaving London and the one flight leaving Barcelona; these guys went farther than I have had guys go on our first or second date.

i see my future & i'm not thrilled.  i was told i need to get a card from my doctor to show at security check in.  do you have one? 

I have asked several screeners if I should get a card from my doctor.  The general response has been that it doesn't make much of a difference one way or another.  You still get turned over to the other screener, who will ask you the same questions and go through the same routine.  So, I haven't bothered getting one.  The last one in London was so, uhm, meticulous that I suggested we have dinner later.
;D

Sam

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2009, 12:36:53 PM »

Wonderful pictures everyone.

Just listened to the last holiday cd for the year, A Christmas Carol & A Child Is Born.

Have a warm Sunday.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2009, 12:38:01 PM »

Most excellent vibes to everyone. ;D

Jane

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »

Hi, Jane. Glad you're able to reduce your meds a bit.

thanks, right now i'm wishing i hadn't, at least the ant-nausea ones.  i don't know what i will do if i can't take the pain meds any more.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

From tcb:

lol.  maybe you should get a card to see if it helps.  i'm definitely getting one.

Sam

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »

Ohhhhhhh, how to condense the Xmas stuff to fewer boxes.

Sam

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »

:) ;) 8) :-[ :-*

Kerry

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »

I'm afraid I have already ruminated today.  And probably will again later.
I like boat races.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »

DR Jane wrote:

i was also glad you didn't mention you were driving home until after you had safely arrived.

Add me to the list too!  But glad you arrived home without too much trouble.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »

What a glorious day it is outside today. Of course, with laundry and work duties, I spent the afternoon inside, but I'm sure lots of people took advantage of the beautiful weather and have been outside this afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Car vibes for Bk. ~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up