Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW CAR  (Read 20390 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE NEW CAR
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 06:52:02 AM »

No UPS deliveries as yet, so I'll be having a day off unless JENNIFER'S BODY and THE MARINE 2 arrive today. I'm expecting GLEE as well, but I'll do the Blu-rays first to get them out of the way. Then I can luxuriate for a couple of days with GLEE. All of them come out today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 06:52:13 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 06:53:39 AM »

I have a bunch of stuff on my DVR, so I think if I have a day off, I'll be trying to watch all these things and clear off the DVR. I have A STUDY IN TERROR which I'll definitely watch this afternoon. CHANGELING which will be tonight's movie, and I'll finish THE OPPOSITE SEX which I started last night. All in HD, of course.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »

The nice thing about having a business manager is that they are all good car experiences.  We say this is what we want, he does all the negotiating.  When we wanted a Corolla Sport, he went to his car broker.  The car was delivered to the house.  The toughest was our new Prius, because they were much in demand and The Lovely Wife was very particular in the colour she wanted.  We had to wait about six months.

Laura

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »

I am taking my little buddy on another Adventure today. He wants to bring his older brother -- the one with Aspergers. Pray for me.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »

Prayers for DR LAURA.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:03:43 AM »

Thanks. The older brother is a challenge.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »

The movie times are hellish for a person getting off work at 4:30, and the next showing of UP IN THE AIR is 7 pm, too late for us two fogeys. So, we're seeing Young Victoria at 6 pm. We'll have a little smackerel before the film and I will pick up the tickets on my way down to Lincoln Center today. I am looking forward to it, but that means, DR JRand59, I will have to see UP IN THE AIR on my own. Perhaps I will do that on New Year's Eve. Charlotte will be in Boston seeing a rock concert.

DR Ben, we need to set up a time for a visit to see your tree and decor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »

I watched RIDING HIGH last night on TCM.  A Bing Crosby/Frank Capra movie I had never seen.  Pretty good movie, although the songs were sort of blah, as was the leading lady Colleen Gray...  A remake of Capra's BROADWAY BILL - and I guess Mr Capra made a deal with Harry Cohn his old boss to re-use the racing footage from the 1934 movie in the 1950 movie to keep the costs down.

Either way - it had some fine moments.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about the RAGTIME closing and I worry about FINIAN'S RAINBOW; we're back down to 52% capacity last week. I'm hoping that this week we're selling out, but I've heard nothing about sales. I will see the show tomorrow afternoon since Joshie should be making his conducting debut. I need to call him and confirm that.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »

Queen Victoria - we are not amused.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »

DR Laura - prayers for you on you outing today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »

TOD - buying my current car, a 2005 Pontiac Vibe, in August 2005.  I'd leased my 2 previous cars and I was so glad to be back on the road to ownership, achieved this past February when I used some retirement pay-out money to pay off the loan.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »

TOD:

I've never really been a "car person".  As long as the vehicle gets me to where I'm going in relative comfort and with minimal expense, I'm happy.

I'm still driving my 2000 Honda Accord LX, which only has about 27,000 miles on it.  Just had the timing and other belts replaced, and the mechanic tells me that, with the way I drive, if I take care of the car, it should last me the rest of my life.

Works for me.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »

Worst car experience: every used car we've ever owned.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 07:40:19 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about the RAGTIME closing and I worry about FINIAN'S RAINBOW; we're back down to 52% capacity last week. I'm hoping that this week we're selling out, but I've heard nothing about sales. I will see the show tomorrow afternoon since Joshie should be making his conducting debut. I need to call him and confirm that.

Ditto! I'm disappointed folks aren't sttriving to see something of real quality. RAGTIME is one of the greatest musicals of the last 15 years, and FINIAN'S RAINBOW's raves should have insured it the same kind of sellout status that HAIR and WEST SIDE STORY enjoyed when they opened last year. Very disappointing that the public isn't buying in droves.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 07:41:35 AM »

Now I guess I'll head down to see if the UPS man sneaked up to the door without my knowing. If he didn't, I'll get ready for my day off by revisiting another MENTALIST episode and then start thinking about what's for lunch.

WBBL.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 07:44:30 AM »

Ditto! I'm disappointed folks aren't sttriving to see something of real quality. RAGTIME is one of the greatest musicals of the last 15 years, and FINIAN'S RAINBOW's raves should have insured it the same kind of sellout status that HAIR and WEST SIDE STORY enjoyed when they opened last year. Very disappointing that the public isn't buying in droves.

I've always liked RAGTIME.  It's one of my favorite shows.

I saw it at the Shubert in Los Angeles before it went to NY.

It would be nice if they made it into a movie.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »

I'm so-o-o-o glad Richard and I got to see Ragtime - the closing notice makes me sad.

Julie

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »

Good morning to all!

A very sunny, yet very COLD day here in NY.

Julie

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »

Congratulations to BK on the new car.  It looks like a beauty.  Thanks for posting the photos.

Julie

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »

Many thanks to Cillaliz, DakotaCelt, Jane, and Sam for the birthday greetings that you posted last night.

DAW

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »

~PRAYERS~ for Laura DR - whether she needs them or not.           ;D

Julie

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2009, 08:09:38 AM »

DR Ben -- you and Anthony were right in my neighborhood yesterday when you ate at Eisenberg's!  I wish I knew in advance  -- I would have come by to wish you both happy holidays and happy new year in person!

Julie

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2009, 08:10:46 AM »

I am very saddened by Ragtime's imminent closing.

Julie

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »

Vibes for DR Laura.

Julie

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »

It appears I did not get what I wanted for my birthday yesterday, and I am quite disappointed.

I wanted one of those push button sky apartments like George and Jane Jetson had.
Press the button and voila! the bed is made.
Press the button and voila! breakfast is ready.
Press the button and voila! the house is completely cleaned, the groceries materialize, and the laundry is cleaned, folded, and put away.

Julie

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »

Alternatively, I would have also been happy with one of those Star Trek replicator gizmos and a transporter.  But nope.  Didn't get those, either.

Julie

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 08:21:19 AM »

Perhaps my expectations were too high.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:24:38 AM by Julie »

Julie

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »

Nah!  I've just been continuing this posting frenzy long enough to be able to say
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up