Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!  (Read 38285 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009, 07:30:38 AM »

Good morning, all! Well, I woke up to find my beloved FINIAN'S RAINBOW is closing. I am a bit in shock, because things were clearly in motion yesterday whle I was at the theatre and nothing was said. I did have a brief discussion with Rob Berman over my disappointment over the grosses, but I suppose it wold have been a damper on Josh's debut and I'm glad that that wasn't the case.

So, whether or not this will be only only trip to Broadway is up in the air. There wasn't much coming in that I could use the FINIAN'S credit to go on to something else, and that's a pity. On the plus side, I made a lot of wonderful friends on the production, I wrote some lovely bits for the score and I wrote some funny ones: I still laugh at the "drunk" music and the audience does as well. Let's see what work comes down the pike and, during the wait, I have luckily other jobs to work on. And I can go to the stage door and watch a fantastic show a few more times before it vanishes.

DR elmore - You did do good. And you still have more "good" to do. And you will.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2009, 07:30:59 AM »

Glad I bought snow boots!

Julie, our screening is on Sunday the 3rd...10 people crammed into a tiny conference room. And I leave the afternoon of 5th. I feel bad that I'm dragging Greg up there and we haven't had a chance to arrange to do anything but he's also been so swamped that we'll have to figure it out as we go. We would love to see any and all who have time for us, apart from the night of the 2nd and on the 3rd...

OK.  Any chance of an HHW get together Mon evening Jan 4 for some dinner at a restaurant TBD?  Would that work for you and Greg, Amy?  Who else is interested?  Larry? Jose? FJL? Ben? DAW? Vixmom?  Who are our other NYers?

Jan 4 is bad for me because I have a belated holiday with other friends planned. Ay other day is good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2009, 07:32:31 AM »

DR Julie - January 4 should work for me for a possible HHW gathering.  I should be back on Sunday, January 3.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »

DR EDISAURUS the cast of HAIR will be performing in Times Square tonight!

I doubt there will be a nude scene tonight!

Thank you all for the Finian comments and support. I guess it's no stars, no success, and yet I think we're a better show than A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC and we've got a better score than WICKED or BILLY ELLIOT. Yet all are doing much better than FINIAN. Life goes on.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »

I Wish All Of You A Very Happy, Healthy,Prosperous and Wishes Fulfilled New Year.

The same to you and to all the DRs, DR ArnoldMBrockman! I hope that 2010 is good to all of us and that our nuclear family remains healthy and happy for a long time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2009, 07:39:42 AM »

OK... Brekkies...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2009, 07:41:24 AM »

Okay, I'm off to Toyland!

Ben

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »

Hugs and kisses to our Dear Larry!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2009, 07:47:59 AM »

DR Elmore, I was so sorry to hear about FINIAN'S RAINBOW. It was clearly a labor of love on your part and all the cast and crew involved and it all resulted in a wonderful show that garnered rave reviews and love letters from everyone who saw it.

And I'm sure that this experience will lead to more and more work for you!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

The snow has stopped in Chelsea and it may turn to rain soon.

I'm just back from doing the laundry. Anthony is out looking for discounts on Christmas lights. We will have a low-key NYE. We will go out to dinner early (place TBD) and then stay in and watch a movie or two and maybe even the Judy Garland Christmas Show.

I need to shower and get ready for the rest of the day.

Later, gaters.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2009, 07:53:18 AM »

Eating soup is much more fun than a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Well, it all depends on how attractive the Brazilian who's doing the lifting is.  But on a cold day like today, I'll opt for the soup.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

td

• td
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2009, 07:53:35 AM »

Hugs and kisses to DR elmore.  I, too, wanted a much longer run for FINIAN'S. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2009, 07:54:31 AM »

Well, I shoveled out my driveway so that I can be at work at noon. . .strange shift today. . .til 6:30. . .now, it's time to see what those main roads are like.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »

BK, the book idea sounds interesting.  I don't recall reading much about what television/Hollywood was like behind the scenes of that early 70s timeframe. 

Will you name names and tell tales?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2009, 08:16:16 AM »

I am feeling incredibly lazy this morning. I had ambitions to get a lot of errands done and to straighten out the house a little, but all I've been doing is sit and sip coffee while browsing the web while staring outside at the snow.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2009, 08:19:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: PERSIFLAGE!

Love, love, love him, as you well know.  Nothing brings back my childhood like Theme from a Summer Place.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »

DR JMK you are too twisted for color tv.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »

BK, the book idea sounds interesting.  I don't recall reading much about what television/Hollywood was like behind the scenes of that early 70s timeframe. 

Will you name names and tell tales?

I really don't know any other way to do it.  I don't think I can be coy about such things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »

I'm up - the producer called and asked if we could meet at her place instead of Starbucks since it was freezing and rainy.  I said fine.  She said it was very close to the Starbucks near Ventura and Haskell and it is - if ten miles is close.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »

Then I looked out the window to see how hard it was raining.  The sky is blue and the sun is out, that's how hard it is raining.  However, it may be freezing out - that I have not ascertained yet.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2009, 08:30:30 AM »

Sad news I read on Twitter...Zelda Rubinstein, who has been ill, has suffered organ failure and has been taken off life support. 
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

January 4th is not good for us. We have late holiday plans but we will be seeing Amy and Greg tomorrow. They will sleep late after their NYE adventure then come over for a tree sighting and hot cocoa!

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2009, 08:46:23 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Richard and I were up and out early (for us) for me to have a fasting blood test, after which we went out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and did some other errands.  We'll have our traditional New Year's Eve celebration - a movie and Chinese food - probably as a double-date with Rob and Mary Linda.  We'll all be home to watch DR Edi and her ever-lovin' Greg ring in 2010 on TV.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »

{{{{{DR Elmore}}}}}

My two favorite shows from this year are closing way too early.

I heartily agree DR Julie and am so glad we made the trip to see them in October.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »

{{{Hugs and Vibes of Comfort for Larry and the Cast and Crew and Staff of Finian's Rainbow!!}}}
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2009, 08:54:38 AM »

Richard and I did receive some good news this morning.  We'd been hearing for the past several weeks that our spiffy new local hospital would no longer be "in network," because of a rate dispute with our health insurance provider.  That meant not only having to go to an out of town hospital, but probably finding a new primary care physician.  As Richard predicted, a "last minute" agreement was reached yesterday and we're good until June 30, 2013.  Whew!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »

Mr. Handy Man will indeed be here this morning, so that's good.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »

Woke up, took care of business for the weekend, now it's time to prepare the house for the Pajama Jammie Jam this evening.  PJ's, cereal, pancakes, cocoa, and lots of playing on the Wii.  Tomorrow, the DP and my DM (dear Mother) will be off to So Cal and a few days at Disneyland. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »

Really enjoyed reading the notes today and the year in recap for BK.

I like the idea for the new book!

As for the Promises recording, I think it's a great and worthy project -- my only concern would be the timing.  With a major Broadway revival coming this Spring, and given the announced casting of that revival, I wouldn't be surprised if a new recording with the revival cast ends up being in the works.  I'm not sure how that would impact sales for your potential project, BK.

Personally, I think that it would help.  They could cross-promote...maybe.  And some collectors are completists!  Especially since both the previous CDs are out of print right now.  New fans would possibly want to have the original recording and if it's "fixed" in the right way, it could sell well. :)

Just my opinion.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Up