Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!  (Read 38704 times)

Ginny

Re: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »

Signing off now to get ready for our evening.  I hope everyone has a safe and festive New Year's Eve and a happy, prosperous 2010!

Bye 'til next year!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »

Larry I’m very, very sorry the rainbow is ending, far too soon.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

OH, Cranberries!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »

Richard and I did receive some good news this morning.  We'd been hearing for the past several weeks that our spiffy new local hospital would no longer be "in network," because of a rate dispute with our health insurance provider.  That meant not only having to go to an out of town hospital, but probably finding a new primary care physician.  As Richard predicted, a "last minute" agreement was reached yesterday and we're good until June 30, 2013.  Whew!

GREAT NEWS!

Jane

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »

in case i forget tomorrow, HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY MONKEY!

Jane

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

Thank you daw.  I see the surgeon today.  In case it snowed I moved the appointment to the afternoon.  Good thing cuz I was too sleepy to get out of bed this morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2009, 12:49:39 PM »

Yes, Tony Roberts did the tour, the London company, and also part of the Broadway run, which is why we had him do I'll Never Fall In Love Again with Jill O'Hara at our Bacharach benefit.  While I have the Promises project on hold and it's mine if I want it, I have not quite done the deal yet and won't until I know that what I want to do is possible.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »

Yes, Tony Roberts did the tour, the London company, and also part of the Broadway run, which is why we had him do I'll Never Fall In Love Again with Jill O'Hara at our Bacharach benefit.  While I have the Promises project on hold and it's mine if I want it, I have not quite done the deal yet and won't until I know that what I want to do is possible.

~~~VIBES THAT IT IS POSSIBLE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »

I don't think I responded to the actual query but I would love to have the remastered Promises, Promises!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »

Am in a very bad place, mood-wise.

I placed a hold on my mail that began Dec. 15.  I instructed the Post Office to "hold" said mail until I came in to claim it, which I guessed would happen on Dec. 30.

So, yesterday I went to the annex where mail is held.   And they could find "nothing."  They said it was "obviously" out for delivery.

I came home...and waited....and waited.

Mail came and went.  I got nothing.

Today, same story.  Mail came, but I did get two things...the federal tax booklet and a catalog.

I have TONS of stuff "somewhere."  I called again.  They were apologetic but could find NOTHING.

They will get back to me after they speak with the carrier who serves my building.  "Perhaps" he might know where my mail is!!!!????!!!!

I am suppressing total fury.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2009, 01:04:23 PM »

That is indeed unsettling, DR Ron Pulliam.

I am sure it will be worked out, eventually, but it is still frustrating.

DAW

« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »

Our two cars are now dug out from the storm.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »

I ... stopped into Barnes & Noble to use the Men's Room and browse in Performing Arts ...

That must be SOME Men's Room!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »

We have been watching The Judy Garland Show in order over the past few weeks.  I think we are up to show #8 or 9.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2009, 01:08:19 PM »

Good morning, all! Well, I woke up to find my beloved FINIAN'S RAINBOW is closing. I am a bit in shock, because things were clearly in motion yesterday whle I was at the theatre and nothing was said. I did have a brief discussion with Rob Berman over my disappointment over the grosses, but I suppose it wold have been a damper on Josh's debut and I'm glad that that wasn't the case.

So, whether or not this will be only only trip to Broadway is up in the air. There wasn't much coming in that I could use the FINIAN'S credit to go on to something else, and that's a pity. On the plus side, I made a lot of wonderful friends on the production, I wrote some lovely bits for the score and I wrote some funny ones: I still laugh at the "drunk" music and the audience does as well. Let's see what work comes down the pike and, during the wait, I have luckily other jobs to work on. And I can go to the stage door and watch a fantastic show a few more times before it vanishes.

This is most distressing news.  Broadway cannot afford to lose such a show.

I have pre-ordered the cast album.  I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »

Good morning, all! Well, I woke up to find my beloved FINIAN'S RAINBOW is closing. I am a bit in shock, because things were clearly in motion yesterday whle I was at the theatre and nothing was said. I did have a brief discussion with Rob Berman over my disappointment over the grosses, but I suppose it wold have been a damper on Josh's debut and I'm glad that that wasn't the case.

So, whether or not this will be only only trip to Broadway is up in the air. There wasn't much coming in that I could use the FINIAN'S credit to go on to something else, and that's a pity. On the plus side, I made a lot of wonderful friends on the production, I wrote some lovely bits for the score and I wrote some funny ones: I still laugh at the "drunk" music and the audience does as well. Let's see what work comes down the pike and, during the wait, I have luckily other jobs to work on. And I can go to the stage door and watch a fantastic show a few more times before it vanishes.

BK, the book idea is fantastic. I am already excited about reading it.

Oh, elmo - my condolences... but one door closes and another opens... I have a good feeling about your blossoming career - we're late bloomers, aren't we!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »

I would not suppress your total fury, I would unleash it in the strongest possible way - that's the only way to get these idiots off their asses.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »

Thank you daw.  I see the surgeon today.  In case it snowed I moved the appointment to the afternoon.  Good thing cuz I was too sleepy to get out of bed this morning.

Fingers x'd that your doc sees all the improvement we could hope for and more. I believe in miracles.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »

My very best wishes to all and sundried for good health, prosperity, meaningful work, love, serenity, and a grateful heart.
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »

I don't know from PROMISES, PROMISES, but I say go for it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »

Before my friend John picked me up for lunch, the UPS man did leave a bunch of packages on the doorstep. Yep, the Fox discs finally arrived including GLEE and the Blu-rays I was expecting.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »

We are not sundried here in Oregon. In fact we are rather soggy just now.

MBarnum

« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »

MattH, perhaps you might recall, but aren't the Warners Archives supposed to release new titles twice a month? I know they did so earlier this month, but nothing this last Tuesday. All the previous months had new titles released twice a month.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »

Before lunch, I managed to watch this week's NCIS episode, a really good one that led the audience down one path and pulled the rug out from under them with the last moment of the show. Really good episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

MattH, perhaps you might recall, but aren't the Warners Archives supposed to release new titles twice a month? I know they did so earlier this month, but nothing this last Tuesday. All the previous months had new titles released twice a month.

They took the rest of December off for Christmas. The next announcement is January 12th, I think.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »

Am in a very bad place, mood-wise.

I placed a hold on my mail that began Dec. 15.  I instructed the Post Office to "hold" said mail until I came in to claim it, which I guessed would happen on Dec. 30.

So, yesterday I went to the annex where mail is held.   And they could find "nothing."  They said it was "obviously" out for delivery.

I came home...and waited....and waited.

Mail came and went.  I got nothing.

Today, same story.  Mail came, but I did get two things...the federal tax booklet and a catalog.

I have TONS of stuff "somewhere."  I called again.  They were apologetic but could find NOTHING.

They will get back to me after they speak with the carrier who serves my building.  "Perhaps" he might know where my mail is!!!!????!!!!

I am suppressing total fury.

Did you have it held through the USPS.com website? Then you'd have a printout of the details and dates. If not, where's the form you left with the PO? I understand how frustrating this can be.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »

It is dreary, dreary, dreary here. No rain but miserably cold and drab.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

When I got in from lunch, I did watch JENNIFER'S BODY. A teen comedy/horror movie about demon possession. I didn't find it nearly as entertaining as any weekly episode of SUPERNATURAL, but Diablo Cody had some of her patented smartass dialogue on display, and there was an interesting female-female dynamic that I would rather the film have explored sans the gore and violence.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

I also had enough time to get through all of the bonus features: deleted scenes, gag reel, behind-the-scenes documentary, most of the usual stuff.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »

So, this means I'm going to have the evening free. I have no idea how I'll fill the time yet. No decision has been made.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up