Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!  (Read 38703 times)

KevinH

Re: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

DR RLP--I can relate.  I travel a lot and never know what fun experience I'll have trying to get my held mail from the Post Office.  I usually state on the online form that I will pick up the mail, but sometimes it's delivered on the last day and the mail's all crammed into my mailbox.  

About a 6 weeks ago, I had the mail held and was given only a few pieces of mail at the post office when I returned.  In the meantime, my friend wondered if I had gotten a gift card he had sent me.  So I went back to the post office to see if they had any more mail for me--the clerk checked and said there was nothing.

I took another trip a couple of weeks later.  When I went back to the post office, the clerk brought out the mail from the previous trip, including the piece with the gift card!  I know it had to have been there a while because there were magazines dated a few weeks earlier.

Another time I picked up the mail and discovered mail for about 6 other people mixed in with mine.

The other day I picked up my mail.  I was looking for a package from amazon.com, since I had received an email from them saying that the post office had tried to deliver it the week before, but there was no package in the pack of mail the clerk gave me.  I told the clerk that I was expecting a box and he went back to check.  While he was gone, I started looking through my mail and found the little yellow slip stating that there was a package for me.    The clerk came back with nothing--I gave him the yellow slip and he went to get the package from the other side of the building.  

I could go on, but....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »

in case i forget tomorrow, HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY MONKEY!

:)

Monkey would say "Thank You"... If Monkey could speak...

If Monkey is bad, do you.........................
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

TOD:

My wishes for 2010, besides world peace and free healthcare for all, is to complete a big project that I began this year, and to start some projects that I have been thinking about starting. I also hope to have another great year with Dog Bosco and that the vet's diagnosis is way off.

Have you thought about taking Bosco to another vet to see if there's another diagnosis?

So, Mikey, why don't you hop a flight and see FINIAN'S RAINBOW before it's a thing of the past?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »

Deb, I meant to respond earlier but forgot. We won't be able to meet up with you and Vix after Ragtime. We have plans for Saturday. I hope to see you sometime in 2010 and hopefully not before next December.

??? ??? ???
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

Looking forward to you book, BK.  I also really enjoyed reading of your adventures in 1970's TV!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »

Anyone else see the word EVITE and think of EVITA?  Oy!

No, and I can eat Velveeta and not think of Patti LaPone.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »

Yes, Tony Roberts did the tour, the London company, and also part of the Broadway run, which is why we had him do I'll Never Fall In Love Again with Jill O'Hara at our Bacharach benefit.  While I have the Promises project on hold and it's mine if I want it, I have not quite done the deal yet and won't until I know that what I want to do is possible.

~~~VIBES THAT IT IS POSSIBLE!!~~~

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »

We are not sundried here in Oregon. In fact we are rather soggy just now.

It is wet and windy.  at least the rain eased up while we were out today.

Jane

« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2009, 04:17:18 PM »

The people who own the apartment in the marina where I am lucky enough to be staying for a ridiculously low rent are back in town, so I'm at Rikki's - and said couple have invited me to partay with them and some assorted friends tonight on their 72-foot Italian wonder of a yacht. I've spent many a splendid afternoon and/or evening aboard this vessel - stem to stern the loveliest of lovely water crafts - glove leather upholstery, deep and soft white wool carpeting, granite countertops, gleaming woodwork, sparkling glass, and gorgeous artwork - some of it by our most gifted hostess, herself. It's pot luck, as usual - I'm bringing five really scrumptious cheeses and assorted fruits, including pineapple, three kinds of berries, grapes, and some hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries - white AND dark chocolate - some of them I did a tuxedo design - wish I could take a picture and show you - I'm so proud of them!!!

sounds like a lovely evening.  i also wish you could take a picture.

fingers crossed you see the blue moon!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:20:29 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »

Count me in as one who will start exercising again as of the new year.

I was biking every day for around a4 months. Then i got sick, and had no energy. So i have not done regular exercise in more than a month.

The weird part is that i feel like i've maybe lost weight since i stopped exercising. It doesn't make sense. Although i guess walking around the mall a lot could count as exercise.

if you didn't gain fat & lost muscle you would weigh less.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »

the cab ride was harrowing but fast!

;D  glad it was also safe.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2009, 04:23:48 PM »

I do not have New Years Eve plans this year. My sister invited me over for dinner with she and hubby's friends, but I declined. Don't feel like driving to Aumsville and I think crashing on the couch with my perky pooch and petulant pussy seems like a fine idea for the evening.

::)
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2009, 04:26:55 PM »

a subway to Toyland

Is that the little-known sequel to A Streetcar Named Desire?

More likely Taxi zum Klo.

der Brucer

A rather rude comment, dontcha think?

I don't know what this means. :-\

Sometimes I'm glad I don't know what they are talking about, George.

lol, i haven't a clue. ;D

Jane

« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »

Cilla, enjoy your evening at home & get the rest you need.

Jane

« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

mbarnum, enjoy your evening home wish your precious bosco & freddy!

all those going out, HAVE A VERY SAFE NEW YEARS EVE!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:35:42 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

DITTO AND DITTO!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »

DITTO AND DITTO!!!

Even in my wildest drinking days, I never liked going out on New Year's Eve.
“One thing’s universal,

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »

Love the sound of your new book, bk--I remember that series of notes where you discussed your early experiences as an actor, and they were so interesting and enlightening. Guess you'll need to let Ms. Dey know your plans! ;)

PennyO--I hope they still have fireworks on New Year's Eve in Marina del Rey--I'll be looking for them tonight.

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2010! Oh, and a special get well wish and healthy vibes to Jane for a speedy recovery.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

Our partay will start very soon.  Mr. Handy Man has done his Handy Work, we've come up with a temporary solution for the car/garage issue that works very well, and he's going to find someone who can smooth down the concrete where concrete joins garage, which is where this is happening.  Meanwhile, the car's bottom is safe with our temporary solution.  He fixed one of the blinds, which had broken, completely rearranged one cupboard and one drawer, so that everything is findable and with easy access, and he once again rearranged the Kritzerland stock since we'd accumulated new boxes out there.  And now, we're all organized.

Jane

« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

hi iris.  it is nice to see you, and thank you.

Jane

« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »

I saw the surgeon today & he is very pleased with the results, his handiwork & my progress.  The breaks are still healing & I need to  return in 6 weeks. 

When I saw the ex-rays today I was surprised how much metal is in me.  I should have known it was more than just the ball of my shoulder; there is also a 4-6 inch metal anchor down my arm, inside the existing bone.  this is not my ex-ray, just an example:

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »

I saw the surgeon today & he is very pleased with the results, his handiwork & my progress.  The breaks are still healing & I need to  return in 6 weeks. 

When I saw the ex-rays today I was surprised how much metal is in me.  I should have known it was more than just the ball of my shoulder; there is also a 4-6 inch metal anchor down my arm, inside the existing bone.  this is not my ex-ray, just an example:

The Miracle of Modern Technology!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »

a subway to Toyland

Is that the little-known sequel to A Streetcar Named Desire?

More likely Taxi zum Klo.

der Brucer

A rather rude comment, dontcha think?

I don't know what this means. :-\

Sometimes I'm glad I don't know what they are talking about, George.

This comment went right over my head too. At least i'm not the only one.

Jennifer

« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »

Is anyone else gonna watch Anderson cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN?  They were so funny last time i watched.

Ben

« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »

TCB, Bye Bye Birdie is still running because it's part of Roundabout's subscription series and they have a built in audience. It's pretty much closing on schedule. They had announced an extension but it didn't sell well so when the leads didn't renew their contracts and they couldn't find any other big names to replace them they decided to close down. Subscription theatres like Roundabout and Manhattan Theatre Club, etc, have the luxury of not entirely depending on ticket sales at least for the scheduled part of the run. Even if a show is ripped to pieces, like Birdie, it will have a definite run and won't close days or weeks after opening.

Jennifer

« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »

Deb, I meant to respond earlier but forgot. We won't be able to meet up with you and Vix after Ragtime. We have plans for Saturday. I hope to see you sometime in 2010 and hopefully not before next December.

??? ??? ???

I think he meant to say, "I hope to see you sometime in 2010 and hopefully before next December."

Ben

« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2009, 05:09:52 PM »

??? ??? ???

Just meant that we don't see our HHW family enough even though we live in the same area and I hope it's not a year before I see Deb and Vix again.

Ben

« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »

Jennifer, you got it!

Jennifer

« Reply #268 on: December 31, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »

Count me in as one who will start exercising again as of the new year.

I was biking every day for around a4 months. Then i got sick, and had no energy. So i have not done regular exercise in more than a month.

The weird part is that i feel like i've maybe lost weight since i stopped exercising. It doesn't make sense. Although i guess walking around the mall a lot could count as exercise.

if you didn't gain fat & lost muscle you would weigh less.

Maybe. It's just funny that when i was not trying to lose weight i lost more than when i was exercising so hard!

I want to start exercising again every day. I just don't know what to do. I'm not that crazy about doing it indoors. Although i have an exercise bike and a rebounder.

I could go swimming once a week. I just hate that i will have to wait at least 4 months to bike again. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

Happy New Year to everyone at HHW!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Up