Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!  (Read 38288 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: FAREWELL 2009, HELLO 2010!
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »

Yes DR CILLA LIZ - better for you to begin such a move in 2009 than wait until....well....tomorrow.

LOL, thanks, I guess

You should particularly surround yourself with the numbers 3 and 6 and multiples of 2.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

CRANBERRIES.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »

Sagittarius.   November 22-December 21.

Did you just hear that gigantic cry of "hooray"? That was the sound of millions of Sagittarian lives getting better in 2010. Pluto has moved out of your sign, and Saturn has left Virgo (which wasn't doing you any favors either, as you may have noticed from the unusual pressures in your home life, and the difficulties you've had getting what you need to feel secure).

Of course, as much as you'd like all of life to match that happy, carefree streak you have, you know it doesn't always work out that way. The big pressures have just moved on and changed form. Fortunately, your reputation for being able to see the bright side of things will generally be justified by these new issues. There will be new challenges to your money supply and how you handle your money, and yet you'll also have new opportunities to correct problems in your material life, and maybe even prosper more than you ever have before.

Work is also going to present new roles and new opportunities, and will also give you chances to shine. And there will also be new demands from your friends and loved ones. But those same issues will help you sort out who is of real value to you, and what your real value is to them too. The hard work that you've sometimes had to put in during the last two years is going to start paying off for you. And for some of you, the rewards will be enormous. Can I hear a "hooray" out there?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #393 on: December 31, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »

From what the oracle says - MR BK may be appearing on stage, on television, or in films this year.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #394 on: December 31, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »

Capricorn.  December 22 - January 19.

One of the things that never seems to come across in those generic descriptions of Capricorns is their inherent sweetness. You're every bit as kind and caring as anyone else (if not more so), but have a tendency to hide it behind a mask that downplays your vulnerability. Now that Pluto (the planet which is best at blowing things up) has moved into your sign, and Saturn has moved into your Tenth (the Work House).

Although this one-two punch might be too much for lesser souls to handle, you're well equipped with the tenacity to not only survive these circumstances, but in fact come out ahead on the deal. Think of these two planetary placements as bringing new ways to bring out your inner strength, without you having to lose that sweetness and kindness you've had all along.

Pluto has moved from the spooky funhouse of your Twelfth House into the light of day, figuratively speaking, in your First House. This means you'll be focusing on how you see the world, and how it sees you, in new and powerful ways. Think of it as an opportunity to evolve into a higher form of yourself.

Capricorn is actually ruled by Saturn, which not only represents difficulties and limitations (every planet has its bad side), but also represents the obstacles you have to overcome to get what you want out of life. In your Fourth House now, this means questions around your home life, and brings the chance to (literally) put your house in order. The next year's difficulties will mostly serve as an opportunity for everyone else to admire how well you overcame them. And you will!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #395 on: December 31, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »

Aquarius.  January 20 -February 18.

Aquarius often gets pegged as being a little too cerebral for its own good. But the truth is, that's where you do your best work. The next year is going to give you the opportunity to use those sharp mental powers to focus on what it is you really want out of life. Two eclipses fall in your Twelfth House, which will bring out your intuitive side, and give you a chance to see your life from a less-strictly-logical (yet no less valid) perspective. The additional information they give you about your life and your position in it will be your big chance to put things in order.

Saturn is also going to be bringing big changes as to your philosophical approach to life. What fundamental approaches to life have worked for you, and what haven't? You may have never stopped to ask that question, or known the benefits of finding the right answer to it. This year, those answers will come, and your life is likely to be a saner, better-adjusted place for it.

Of course, it's impossible to have a well-ordered world around you without having a few other people in it. The middle part of the year will see close friends and partners coming and going in your life, more so than you've seen in a long time. In part, this will be a reflection of the changes going on in your "higher mind." And again, the overall effect should be a positive one. It's your worldview, Aquarius -- make it the best you can!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »

And last but not least Pisces.  February 19-March 20.

Okay, pause for a moment and check your pulse. Still there? Good. That means you survived the last couple of years with both Saturn and Pluto in less-than-perfect places for you. And by "less than perfect," I mean "lousy." Good news! Both of astrology's heavyweights have moved on to more constructive places for you. Now is the time to take that famous Pisces sensitivity (still intact from the challenges of the last while) and put it to work making your life a happier and more comfortable place.

You'll be receiving a lot more attention from others in 2010: loved ones, family and co-workers will all be drawn to you at times like moths to a flame. And as a result of the last couple of years worth of hassle, you'll be a stronger person with better judgment, and much better able to handle the influx. Enjoy your new position at the center of your own social circle!

One more noteworthy change from the previous year: Jupiter will be in your sign for most of the year, giving you a newfound sense of optimism and happiness about things no matter how they turn out. You'll be feeling expansive, but be careful not to expand too much -- this transit also comes with a more than usual chance of weight gain. There will be a renewed emphasis on health, fitness and personal well-being in the spring -- take advantage of that. Then again, maybe you just deserve the break. What's a pound or to compared to real happiness?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

Now.....go make it happen!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »

MR BK left and took all the guests with him.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »

According to Chinese astrology, 2010 is the year of the Tiger - which is good for me because I was born in 1950....also a year of the tiger.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »

I am going to begin BILLY JACK GOES TO WASHINGTON.....hopefully I will survive.

Ginny

« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »

Too much cloud cover here to see the blue moon.  Seems we're supposed to get some sleet, freezing rain, and icy roads throughout the night.  Makes me glad everyone is home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »

According to Chinese astrology, 2010 is the year of the Tiger - which is good for me because I was born in 1950....also a year of the tiger.

Me, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »

The wind chill here is now -9.  I am very very glad I stayed home.  I hate being out at night in the bitter cold. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »

BK is here and is a little shocked at some of the early WUSSBURGERING, about which I will say no more, oh, yes, about which I will say no more.

Cillaliz

« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »

this is cold, but not rock bottom cold, like it will be tomorrow night.   thanks mr. weatherman, that makes me feel really happy

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »

Nut clusters.

Cillaliz

« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »

Holy crap. Tomorrow night/Sat am it's going to be -24 air temp with -40 wind chill.  Good grief!  I reallky shouldn't watch the weather. It just makes me want to stay home

Ben

« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »

We had a lovely dinner at Lasagne. I threw the diet out the window and had Chicken Cordon Bleu and Anthony had Fusili (sp) with chicken and shitake (sp) mushrooms and we split an Eggnog Gelato. Our favorite wait person took our order and we had a marvelous time.

We watched the Judy Garland Christmas Show and some of Little Dorrit but Anthony's mother called to say Happy New Year so we stopped watching. We can pick up again when it comes out on DVD (if it's not already out on DVD).

We are now just waiting for Midnight so we may retire. We have guests in the early afternoon, Amy and Greg and Dear Larry! Hoo and Ray. A great way to start 2010.

Goodnight and Happy New Year (45 minutes early)

Cillaliz

« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »

Maybe I'll go make some cranberry sauce. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »

Good Evening!

The Jim Brickman concert was nice.  Jim did his "Contemporary Romantic Pianist" thing, but he also had an incredible(!!!) musician who played six-string electric violin! Some truly amazing playing! -More details in 2010, a.k.a. tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

Once we got back to Steve's place, I made the phone calls to my family.  -Two of my brothers were already in bed!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

I think the cranberries will wait until tomorrow, but a hot bath is in my immediate future

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »

Steve broke open some of the various foodstuffs he received in various Christmas baskets, so...

-Summer Sausage
-Asiago Cheese Spread (which isn't as bad as I thought it would be)
-Various "savory" crackers
-Honey-Mustard Pretel
-Utz "Pub Mix" - love those pumpernickel chips!

Plus some fresh fruit, pimiento cheese and assorted chocolates, cookies and sweets.

Steve is drinking wine, and I'm sipping some sparkling apple cider.

And that's the food report from Old Manchester Lofts in Richmond, VA.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #414 on: December 31, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

No sauerkraut soup, Jose?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »

In other news...

I'm going to head offline in a bit for a little bit. -But I will be back.

But before I go...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #416 on: December 31, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »

No sauerkraut soup, Jose?

Not this year.  However, I did have some amazing sauerkraut soup a few weeks ago at a Polish restaurant in Brooklyn.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »

I hope Everyone here has a great Wonderful New Year's Eve.  -Whether you're in Times Square, in front of a TV, typing away on the computer, or sleeping soundly.

Happy New Year!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #418 on: December 31, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »

I hear fireworks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #419 on: December 31, 2009, 08:36:23 PM »

I have stopped the movie, and have turned on some music so I can catch up on the last few CDs I haven't played, then I'll take a hot shower once the East Coast New Year is past (although we all know that the real New Year is the West Coast ball drop and believe me the balls dropping at haineshisway.com are cherce, which is why we always say nut clusters).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Up