Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ON LAMB CHOPS THEY PUT PANTIES  (Read 15922 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: ON LAMB CHOPS THEY PUT PANTIES
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - I hope it is/was a good lunch. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »

PAGE THREE...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »

Was everything beautiful?  :)

Very much so.  (See above pic.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »

Welcome to the World, Violet!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:10 AM »

Once again, another label has moved up a release date so that they now butt heads with our next announcement - we calculated very carefully based on this label's PUBLISHED dates of announcements, and then they move it up a week as soon as they find out when we're announcing.  They've done this twice before and I've been very vocal about it publicly and privately, but always trying to do so with a sense of humor.  Not anymore, baby, not anymore.  Let the games begin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »

Also, there is a website called DVD Beaver where there are screencaps of new discs and sometimes comparisons between two DVD releases or a DVD vs. Blu-Ray release.  The caps have never really been that good or accurate, but lately, over the last three weeks, they've all looked awful - murky, milky, and hazy.  I just couldn't believe that some of the new films he was "reviewing" looked like that.  Then he put caps up of Billy Jack, where the DVD caps looked 100% better.  Now, I'd just seen that Blu-Ray a couple of weeks ago and the transfer is superb with great color and contrast.  So, I finally wrote the Beaver and told him what a disservice he was doing putting up caps that didn't resemble the film transfer at all.

He wrote back and was very argumentative, doing the usual thing - it must be MY computer monitor, or my Blu-Ray set up, or my TV.  I wrote back and said no, it wasn't any of those things, that everything looks great on my computer monitor including the caps from the DVD of Billy Jack.  And that my TV and Blu-Ray set up were more than fine.  This morning I had another response from him telling me I was right.  He looked at his caps on a different monitor and saw exactly what I was seeing - turns out that on the computer he was using to do the caps the gamma was off which caused the lousy contrast and milkiness.  He's fixed them now, and while they're not perfect, they're at least in the ballpark.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »

My DN David just became a father again!! so I have another  GN!  Her name is Violet.  This also means Jhvw is an uncle again

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »

Best news I've received so far this year:  the secretary of the grantwriters' group is back from India and ready to resume her duties.  Whew!

:)

Jane

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »

From Jennifer:
I'm glad it went okay.

Do all the dogs walk without leashes when people hike?

I guess it's sort of remote. but I know i hate it when people have their dogs loose on the bike path (it's a walking path too).

We also have a asphalt bicycle/walking path where it is rare to see a dog off leash.  the hiking trails do have bikers & most people rein their dogs in if the dogs might want to chase or play.  the dogs on leash on the hiking trails are usually not friendly or runners.  the majority of dogs on the trails are friendly & off leash.  it is the extra active, young friendly dogs i have to worry about.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »

Violets in January....that sounds very pleasant

Like...

"Geraniums in the winder,
Hydrangas on the lawn..."
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

Quote from: Jane
WELCOME BASIL!!!

It is a pleasure to meet you.

Be sure to stop in on your birthday.

From Basil:
Hm? Did you find out my birthdate from somewhere, or something? ;D 

...Now that I'm thinking about it, I forgot I had mentioned my birthdate already on my very first post. Silly me.

Go to the top of this page and click on calendar.  once you have it open add your birthday.  it will be easy since your birthday is this month ;)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »

Dr jose:
DR Jane - Walks are good regardless of the path or your speed.  Just enjoy the stroll.

STROLL! ::)  i can stroll in the house.  i went as fast as i could, in fact keith was impressed with my pace even though he had to slow his down for me.:)

Jane

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »

thanks everyone for the words of support over my outing yesterday.  i wish i could return today, but alas i will be back to drugs & PT.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »

Well, BK, if you frequented a reputable site like Blu-ray.com you'd see perfectly perfect screencaps.  Except when Epiphan upgrades their software.  But that's an inside yolk.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2010, 11:25:42 AM »

Speaking of review sites, oy and vey and also vey and oy.  I have been dealing with an unending series of PM's (private messages in internets lingo) from a disgruntled reader who just can't get it through his head why my review of an audio only title doesn't explicitly state it's audio only.  Despite the fact that the review template has no video codec, no designation of 1080i or 1080p, and no "video quality" section.  It truly boggles my mind.  He then told me to go check Amazon, where I'd see "many" people were confused by this same thing.  I went to Amazon's page for the product, where the first thing I saw was a big bold statement:

THIS IS AN AUDIO ONLY DISC.

Yes, extremely confusing, that.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »

Speaking of pains, my followup with the urologist yesterday was rather interesting.  He is convinced this residual pain I have, which is the same pain I have been experiencing once or twice a year for about two to three years, is not kidney related.  It's too low to be my kidneys, evidently.  So they're going to do another CAT scan and see if I have a pinched nerve.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

CAT SCAN VIBES FOR JMK!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »

Speaking of pains, my followup with the urologist yesterday was rather interesting.  He is convinced this residual pain I have, which is the same pain I have been experiencing once or twice a year for about two to three years, is not kidney related.  It's too low to be my kidneys, evidently.  So they're going to do another CAT scan and see if I have a pinched nerve.

Oh!  Low-level sciatica! -I know all about that (too)!

S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g after sitting for hours on a piano bench and/or a desk chair can do wonders.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »

DR JMK - I'm sorry, but I couldn't hear that last post.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

The ambulance bill just arrived for my kidney stone journey.  I think I'm having a heart attack.  Don't call an ambulance.  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »

I got back from the NYPL around 2 pm, most of my time spent there on a computer looking up names on the historic newspapers online. Before I left, I heard from an old college classmate who's in town this weekend. He and his partner are seeing FINIAN tonight and I will join them for dinner at Vice Versa on West 51st. That will be fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

when i was lying on the ground unable to move the guy who stopped encouraged me not to call an ambulance due to the high cost.  after about half an hour on the ground i was wondering of the wisdom not to call.  later i was glad i waited. 

jmk i'm sure your ambulance bill was nothing compared to the bill the hospital sent my insurance company for my 5 day stay-shocking beyond belief. 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2010, 12:02:05 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - I hope it is/was a good lunch. ;)

It was!  Because this company has a large Indian contingent, they serve Indian cuisine for lunch every first Friday of the month.  It was all delish.  (There was also baked ziti on the side for those who did not want Indian food--some on our team ate both!)  A cake was served afterwards to further welcome us into the company.

My favorite part of the trip turned out to be the train ride which, once we were out of the city limits, went up along the Schuylkill River.  Very scenic in the snow.  And it only took a half hour.  Since this train ride will be part of my daily back-and-forth commute, I'm very happy that it's a nice one.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

Larry - We had one of the recipes from the book you gave us.  Thanks so much again!

FJL

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »

Pig jowls with shallots braised in dry apple cider - i think that was the name of the dish

FJL

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »

Jose was on a Ballet high

FJL

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:07 PM »

Congrats to dear great-aunt Cilla

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »

thanks everyone for the words of support over my outing yesterday.  i wish i could return today, but alas i will be back to drugs & PT.

Be careful how you say something like that--you don't want The National Enquirier quoting you out of context on a cover story!

DR Jane, once you've got better use of your arm, maybe you could ask your PT how to take a fall?  I've been trying to think of what kind of classes would teach that sort of thing but nothing comes to mind.  I wonder if there's some kind of adult gymnastics class?...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »

Everything
Was beautiful
In the billet...
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »

Be careful how you say something like that--you don't want The National Enquirier quoting you out of context on a cover story!

DR Jane, once you've got better use of your arm, maybe you could ask your PT how to take a fall?  I've been trying to think of what kind of classes would teach that sort of thing but nothing comes to mind.  I wonder if there's some kind of adult gymnastics class?...

Some sports classes - like for skiing and skating - teach proper falling technique.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up