Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRIP  (Read 16469 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE TRIP
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »

TOD:

I like pork, veal, and lamb (though I've only had lamb a few times in my life). I don't have any particular way I like them served.

We used to go out to eat every Tuesday when I was a kid, and the restaurant we went to always had breaded veal cutlets on the menu, so I had veal very often growing up. I don't have it so much now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 07:00:57 AM »

I believe the topics HIGH TIME followed by THE TRIP will bring in a whole new audience to HHW.  ;)

Feel better, BK.  At least you don't have kidney stones (that we know of).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 07:02:08 AM »

I believe the topics HIGH TIME followed by THE TRIP will bring in a whole new audience to HHW.  ;)

In more ways than you might know. Larry Sullivan made an entertaining gay movie a few years ago called THE TRIP.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 07:10:56 AM »

TOD - lamb and veal not so much, but I like pork and cook it sometimes.  Pork chops and pork roast, mainly.  Just last weekend I cooked a pork roast with cranberry glaze in the crockpot - YUM!  And there's nothing better than a good Indiana pork tenderloin sandwich (and nothing worse than a bad Ohio one!) with lettuce and mayonnaise.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »

I like pork chops but Anthony doesn't so much so we don't have them that often. I like ham as well. I don't care much for lamb (we never had it when I was growing up, it was too expensive and lamb chops are usually small anyway and feeding a family of seven kids wasn't going to work well on lamb chops).

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 07:32:25 AM »

Guess I need to head downstairs now to clean up for my lunch outing today with best friend John.

WBBL.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 07:49:49 AM »

I love anything pork related!!   

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »

Just ordered MAD (4) WORLD.

My favorite scene in that film: Jonathan Winters destroying the gas station.

It's great!  My favorite is any scene with Milton Berle underplaying - and Ethel Merman getting called an old bag by Buddy Hackett....and of course Dorothy Provine.  I really dislike Sid Caesar in ANYTHING so his scenes grate for me....poor Edie Adams.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »

Roger Corman made an interesting Peter Fonda movie even FURTHER back called THE TRIP.

DR JENNIFER I watched some of the Theron/Reeves SWEET NOVEMBER and it was nice.....but the role really belongs to Miss Sandy Dennis.....

Sandy was on the Bob Braun Show in Cincinnati once and Braun asked her about all of her glowing reviews, and Sandy said they were wonderful but of course you remember the bad ones.....for one production of THREE SISTERS, a reviewer said that she went after her role like an ape looking for a banana.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:43 AM »

Which of course gave Braun the opportunity to segue into a commercial for Kroger selling bananas.

Although my favorite Braun gaffe that I viewed myself.....was commenting to Kitty Carlisle that she had once been married to that great songwriter Lorenz Hart.....she corrected him, but was rather cool for the rest of the interview.  Braun was unperturbed that he had made the error  --  didn't acknowledge it, and just moved on.

All those Tyson commercials to get through doncha know.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12:19 AM »

A phrase from BK's notes that I like a lot:

"...the sidewalk there is cracked..."

Sounds poetry-etic.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

Last night I watched PLAZA SUITE on TCM--it's one of my favorite Neil Simon pics (would love a soundtrack--HINT!)

Afterwards, I thought Robert Osbourn had made a huge error in saying that Neil Simon had written CALIFORNIA SUITE first as a play then adapted it as a screenplay.  I had completely forgotten that CS had ever played on B'way, and yet it did and for over a year.  My memory is fading on vital facts...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's Monday.  But I have a feeling you all already knew that.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:05 AM »

Went back to bed but didn't sleep.  Have printed out all the orders that have come in (not bad for two and a half hours) and haven't heard from the majority of dealers, so hopefully those will be good orders.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:23 AM »

I think I'll do my errands and whatnot early and get that out of the way.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:36 AM »

All the networks have new offerings tonight except for the CW, and fans of FRINGE are reminded that there is a new episode on tonight at 9 p.m.

Other reminders:

CHUCK back into its regular Monday at 8 timeslot. (I haven't watched last night's shows yet.)

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER's 100th episode. I haven't watched the show in several years, but I've got the DVR set to record it because there is a musical number at the end of the show that features Neil Patrick Harris.

A new CASTLE tonight.

And the new cycle of "The Bachelor" starts tonight...

I have to say, I find the promos for this new cycle to be quite annoying and, in a sense, condescending and insulting. The whole 1970's "friendly skies" tone - the new Bachelor is a pilot - seems too silly even to me.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »

Which of course gave Braun the opportunity to segue into a commercial for Kroger selling bananas.

Although my favorite Braun gaffe that I viewed myself.....was commenting to Kitty Carlisle that she had once been married to that great songwriter Lorenz Hart.....she corrected him, but was rather cool for the rest of the interview.  Braun was unperturbed that he had made the error  --  didn't acknowledge it, and just moved on.

All those Tyson commercials to get through doncha know.

I never thought Bob was the brightest bulb in the lamp but he was awfully kind to Ruth Lyons during all of her personal troubles.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »

bk - If you start feeling any pain in your arm - between your wrist and elbow - get thee to a doctor/ER stat.  Otherwise, I hope your hand is healing well.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »

I've had my breakfast and I am printing out a new orchestra score to take to Toyland with me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 08:37:58 AM »

While the hand is a little sore, it's not too bad this morning.  My arm and neck are a little sore, but nothing terrible, just like I'd pulled a muscle in a minor way.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »

I had a very strange experience yesterday:

I went to school (elementary through high school) with a fellow named Tim Hansel.  We didn't run in the same circles, so were never really friends, just friendly acquaintances.  He was a very nice guy, football hero, president of the student body and all that. [I played the lead in the Senior Play.]

After graduation, we went to separate colleges and he, I believe, got involved in wilderness groups, mountain climbing and other stuff that was not part of my world.

The last time I saw him was 15-16 years ago at our 35th high school reunion.  He was on crutches, having fallen during a climb, but that night he danced up a storm with his wife.

Later, I understand, Tim wrote several inspirational books.

About a month ago (December 13th), for some reason, I started thinking about Tim.  I decided to try to re-connect with him, just to say "hello".  I Goggled him, but could find no direct contact, so I e-mailed a couple of people who knew him to ask them for his contact information.

Yesterday, I was informed that Tim had passed away...on December 13th.

Eerie, huh?
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »

Whatnot Early is the title of my new mystery novelette.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »

I always look for books of a metaphysical nature at the Goodwill to put in our Used book section. 

I found a nice practically new book by Sylvia Browne - put it in my cart.

When I got to the checkout - it was missing.  Some bee-yotch took it out of my cart while I wasn't looking.  I hope she suffers the fires of hell.  Yes, I do.  Do not mess with me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:14:44 AM by JRand59 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 08:49:13 AM »

I had a very strange experience yesterday:

I went to school (elementary through high school) with a fellow named Tim Hansel.  We didn't run in the same circles, so were never really friends, just friendly acquaintances.  He was a very nice guy, football hero, president of the student body and all that. [I played the lead in the Senior Play.]

After graduation, we went to separate colleges and he, I believe, got involved in wilderness groups, mountain climbing and other stuff that was not part of my world.

The last time I saw him was 15-16 years ago at our 35th high school reunion.  He was on crutches, having fallen during a climb, but that night he danced up a storm with his wife.

Later, I understand, Tim wrote several inspirational books.

About a month ago (December 13th), for some reason, I started thinking about Tim.  I decided to try to re-connect with him, just to say "hello".  I Goggled him, but could find no direct contact, so I e-mailed a couple of people who knew him to ask them for his contact information.

Yesterday, I was informed that Tim had passed away...on December 13th.

Eerie, huh?

Not at all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

DR druxy - Sometimes we just "know".
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »

New Project Runway starts this week, too!!!  And they are back in New York City.

That Launch My Line show is terrible.....glad that PR is coming back!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »

Burr DeBenning played a supporting role in SWEET NOVEMBER.  I always liked him.  He was very handsome and did a lot of tv and tv movies.

It is always a shock to find out he passed away in 2003 (I have checked his page before)......most interesting.....nothing in his biography on IMDB....sort of a mystery.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »

Yeah!

"Glee" has been picked up for second season!
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »

All the networks have new offerings tonight except for the CW, and fans of FRINGE are reminded that there is a new episode on tonight at 9 p.m.

Other reminders:

CHUCK back into its regular Monday at 8 timeslot. (I haven't watched last night's shows yet.)

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER's 100th episode. I haven't watched the show in several years, but I've got the DVR set to record it because there is a musical number at the end of the show that features Neil Patrick Harris.

A new CASTLE tonight.

And the new cycle of "The Bachelor" starts tonight...

I have to say, I find the promos for this new cycle to be quite annoying and, in a sense, condescending and insulting. The whole 1970's "friendly skies" tone - the new Bachelor is a pilot - seems too silly even to me.

What they should have done was have all the contestants be stewardesses.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up