News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UBER  (Read 18318 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: UBER
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 07:09:38 AM »

Good morning!

25 this morning, but that was WARM compared to what we've been having. For a change, I didn't hear my heat running every time I woke up during the night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 07:10:41 AM »

I still had a tiny bit of congestion when I woke up (cleared up at this point) so I took to the treadmill once again instead of walking. I think tomorrow I'll be able to get out and walk again in the morning. I'll be glad about that.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »

I didn't hear the UPS truck yet, so I guess SURROGATES on Blu-ray hasn't come. It doesn't matter since I still have THE SIMPSONS to finish today, but it's nice to have the work projects in hand so there's no question in my mind what I'll be working on.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 07:15:10 AM »

As a kid, the only vegetables I liked were potatoes, corn, and garden peas. I could tolerate cabbage and lettuce in slaw and salads, but that was all. As I've aged, I've acquired a taste for lots of vegetables and like them served in lots of different ways. However, as I mainly prepare vegetables from frozen or canned sources (except for broccoli and asperagus which are just nasty any way except fresh), I don't have any recipes to offer. I steam veggies or heat them in the microwave and eat them without much added to them except salt and pepper.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »

Yes, AMERICAN IDOL starts up tonight, but as I've done for the last couple of years, I don't watch the audition shows at all. I begin with the Hollywood rounds. I find the audition process now tedious to watch, and the truly good singers who will eventually rise to the top will have their auditions reshown at later dates, so why watch now hoping to catch a first glimpse of some future talent? Too much excess to find the one or two gems.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »

Once again, the other networks are not lying down and playing dead opposite IDOL. CBS has its procedural lineup, NBC has THE BIGGEST LOSER, and ABC is continuing to burn off its comedies BETTER OFF TED and SCRUBS.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:03 AM »

I went looking for last night's ratings (not posted yet), and found the list of semifinalists for the Best Makeup Oscar:

DISTRICT 9
THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN
THE ROAD
STAR TREK
THE YOUNG VICTORIA
IL DIVO

Three of these will make the finals for voting by the entire membership.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 07:27:40 AM »

I have pigeons, JRand.

I think we do, too.  Or doves.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:45 AM »

DR JENNIFER if you are waiting for AMERICAN IDOL to go downhill.....look back - not forward.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 07:35:24 AM »

I am looking forward to seeing Robert Wagner as Tony's father on NCIS tonight.

Yes, it is official - I have no life.

Laura

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »

You think you have no life? I am excited that I just scheduled an appointment for an oil change.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »

My office is like an icebox!  The blowers by the window have been shooting out cold air all morning.  I think they are trying to freeze me out.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »

We have made our official offer on the "Blame Cilla" house.  ;)  Now we wait.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 07:59:07 AM »

Yesterday, our listing agent for this house came and took pictures, and to my amazement, said the house looked really nice and de-cluttered.  Take that, Hoarders!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »

Yesterday, our listing agent for this house came and took pictures, and to my amazement, said the house looked really nice and de-cluttered.  Take that, Hoarders!

Yes that's what he said TO you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 08:02:36 AM »

My office is like an icebox!  The blowers by the window have been shooting out cold air all morning.  I think they are trying to freeze me out.

Put on your parka and mittens.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »

I'm awake, but really... why?

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 08:08:59 AM »

I guess I'll head down and check the mail. Then watch something before starting on preparing lunch.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2010, 08:10:46 AM »

Looking forward to the goodies, DR JRand.

And likewise, there are some tv shows and one Mamie Van Doren movie on their way to you (that is if I get them to the post office today).

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »

If anybody here is into film noir, there's a new website that looks rather interesting and which could use some more members.  Take a peek:

http://filmnoirliveshere.ning.com/
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 08:18:06 AM »

I thought last night's "Chuck" was awesome. 

The character "Chuck" is...well, he's Chuck.  But I totally see depth and development in the character (else I'd be done with it) and the story arcs.

They've had to tie up a bunch of loose ends from last season and set the wheels in motion for this season, and I think they've done some terrific things with the show.  Am really looking forward to seeing what they do with Ryan McPartlin's "Devon" next week.

I'd love to see some of the flashes come on more quickly -- and without the crossing of Chuck's eyes.   Remember how tiresome Lynda Carter became as  "Wonder Woman" every time she wanted to change into her superhero alter ego.  It was giggle-inducing, although I realize many people STILL love it.  LOL.

"Chuck" is one of the delights of the TV season at my house.  Shows I've grown weary of and dropped cold include "Grey's Anatomy" (they've exhausted me to the point of wanting to shoot my TV...especially the far-too-old Ellen Pompeo -- she's 40-plus -- and looks it -- playing a woman in her late 20s!!!)) and CSI (it had a few really great seasons, but...seen that, seen that, seen that).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:21:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »

I can't tell if i'm excited or not, but tonight is the premiere of AMERICAN IDOL.  I don't see the show being as good with Ellen. To me the paula/simon dynamic was a huge part of the show. And that simon has announced that this will probably be his last season (he is doing a new show) i think that the show will go downhill if that happens.

Too late.  Too late.  The show went downhill after Season 3.  The show went downhill every time the minimally talented won out over much-superior singers.

The Paula-Simon dynamic was one of a pathetic middle-aged woman being ridiculed by a ludicrous, if wealthy, sarcastic ass.   Very sad.

It will not be airing in my home...ever again.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »

Put on your parka and mittens.

I've put on my parka.  If I type with my mittens on, everyone will think I'm DR Vixmom.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »

I have a question for those who know from professional singers:

Have there been any contestants on American Idol who have won (or come close to winning) who are singing correctly and would have had a shot at a professional career (without the publicity of Idol)?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »

I have a question for those who know from professional singers:

Have there been any contestants on American Idol who have won (or come close to winning) who are singing correctly and would have had a shot at a professional career (without the publicity of Idol)?

DR Laura, in the business, every bit helps.  Certainly the publicity of being on Idol helped the singers career whether it be on the radio or on the stage.  It's hard to get a foot in the door in the music industry and Idol fosters that, and some have benefited from the National exposure.  Whether they could have made it without Idol?  That's a great question.  I'm thinking no.  The only person I can think of that had any sort of professional career before Idol was Adam Lambert who was in the LA production of Wicked.

The DP has said there would be no Idol in our household this year.  We'll see what happens :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »

Interesting site DR DRUXY.....I bookmarked, but I haven't joined yet.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 09:18:11 AM »

DR MattH, I just read your comments about CHUCK.

I know you've always hated the BUYMORE stuff. I sort of like it some of the time. It can get stupid. But i think the show is trying to be a spy comedy. It sounds like you wish it was a spy drama, which i don't think it will ever be.  Chuck is always gonna be Chuck.  And there will always be some type of issues with Chuck and Sara.

No, the comedy is OK. What I find is that IT'S REPETITIVE. Chuck has been flashing for three years now and has been in front of murderous bad guys for years. There should be SOME signs of growth in him as a person and as an agent.

Instead, the writers rehash the basic story over and over, and I'm just tired of it. It tickled me for a season and a half, but I've tired of the formula, and they had the wherewithall to make some changes, and they didn't.

The show's Sunday ratings were on the high end for the show (higher than its season average last year. The ratings for last night's show haven't come out yet.) I'll be interested to see how it did in its Monday slot.

It will be interesting to see if you think chuck has progressed after you watch last night's show.

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »

I like vegetables but i mostly steam them.

One of my favorite vegetables is turnip. I boil it in water (cut up ) for close to an hour. Then i mash it with margarine and garlic salt.

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »

I also like taking potatoes and cutting them into think slices and drizzling olive oil, paprika, and garlic bits over then. Then i bake at 375F-425F for around 1 hour.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up