Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DELUGE  (Read 40541 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DELUGE
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »

I've written about twelve pages and will probably do three or four more.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »

Welcome back to DR ARNOLDMBROCKMAN sounds like the trip was great.

After PWOJECT WUNWAY.....I recommend that you switch over to FX or FXHD and laugh along with ARCHER.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »

No ballgown, DR GEORGE.....I am hoping to get DISCO.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »

A big welcome back to Arnold

FJL

« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »

If the deluge had happened right aftre BK wrote about his Dinah Shore show experiences, the chapter could have been called:

APRES "MWAAAAH" THE DELUGE

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »

Wow. Something I have never heard of in all the years I've lived here in Phoenix:
We are under a tornado watch.

It's Global Warming! :o IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

Safety vibes to Laura and family

Laura

« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »

Thanks, FJL.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not, but I read this on another messageboard:

"Universal has announced a new Universal Vault Series of DVD-on-Demand titles that you can now purchase via Amazon.com, much like Warner's Archive program. The first batch of titles available includes Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995), A Good Man in Africa (1994), A Bronx Tale (1993), Pure Luck (1991), Shout (1991), Stick (1985), The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981), Resurrection (1980), Blue Collar (1978), The Last Remake of Beau Geste (1977), Shoot Out (1971), Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1970), Gambit (1966), The Brass Bottle (1964), Kitten with a Whip (1964), The Chalk Garden (1964), The List of Adrian Messenger (1963), 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962), The Perfect Furlough (1958), The Black Shield of Falworth (1954), Dragnet (1954), House of Seven Gables (1940), Spawn of the North (1938), Death Takes a Holiday (1934) and Ruggles of Red Gap (1933). "

Several appealing films in that list. Did they speculate on what each movie will cost?

I just went there and answered my own question: list - $19.99  ;  Amazon price  - $17.99

Some are as low as $14.99, including "Resurrection" (an absolutely mesmerizing film with tour-de-force performances by Ellen Burstyn and Eva LeGallienne, plus a superb Maurice Jarre score).

The ladies have so much in common!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2010, 05:46:04 PM »

One of Frances' big comeback roles was in THE CHALK GARDEN.

?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »

BK, I found in the McGlinnventory this week something I really wanted: a photocopy of the orchestra score for THE MUSIC MAN. The score's are dated Dec 1957. The show opened on Broadway on Dec 19, 1957, and the score for "My White Knight" is the final version dated 12/14/57. It's too bad the original ginormous version isn't among the scores.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »

Wow.  I want it, too! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2010, 06:39:47 PM »

Still raining like crazy.  It occasionally stops for five minutes, and then another downpour happens.  We haven't had anything like this since the year I moved into this house.  Guess there's no more water shortage, not that there really was one to begin with.  And now that we'll have plenty of water, do you suppose the DWP will put the rates back where they were?  Riiiiight.

Laura

« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »

Our storm is getting really bad. There is a band of storms hitting the west side of town now and expected to hit us in about an hour or two.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

STORM VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »

Be sure to stay off the phone if there is lightning.

those vibes were for DRS laura & kerry.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »

Vibes to all you westerners...that's some pretty scary footage on The Weather Channel!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »

We had a storm pass over us but I think that's it for the night. Hope the weather is good for traveling to NY tomorrow.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »

Just wrote another couple of pages.  I think about seventeen or so today.  Whew!  I'm in a really fun spot now, talking about the Nudie previews and we're just having the one that sold the film.  Oh, the memories.  This is going to be a LONG book, but as long as it's fun and interesting, I don't care.  In fact, I have just gotten to the point where the Hofstetter books would be ending - about 267 manuscript pages, which produces a 200 page book.  That just boggles my mind to have done what usually takes eight to ten weeks, page-wise, in three weeks.  I suspect there will be another 267 pages, but then who knows?  It may be less, it may be more, but there's no way this book will be under 350 pages. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2010, 07:24:22 PM »

FJL, I like your promises promises better than the one I was thinking of

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »

I never saw MAGNOLIA at a theater, but since I liked BOOGIE NIGHTS, I took a chance and did a blind buy on MAGNOLIA when it came out on DVD. I loved it. It was a very risky film with a bunch of storylines, three hour length, and some unexpected twists and turns in the storytelling. I thought it was a near-brilliant film.

I have not upgraded my DVD but I'm sure I eventually will.

The first 45 minutes or so of MAGNOLIA are quite simply a directorial tour de force.  I was amazed.  Things petered out a bit after that for me.

Bleh! I hated MAGNOLIA

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »

Waiting for the call to pick up my car!

Wow, you're strong if you can pick up your car

Kerry

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »

It is raining and pouring and very windy.   Terrible to drive in.  But Sugar and I manage to take our walks anyway-- very wet walks)
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »

FROM CILLA:
My mother called to tell me she dropped a dozen eggs on the floor.  4 brokes but stayed in the carton, she said rather than get mad she thought " at least it wasn't a can of red paint" lol
;D

As for the woman looking unhappy in reference to the photographers, she was looking down, not at them.  some people rescued would look up.  i figured aside from her ordeal making her unhappy, so did the crowd.

I know what you meant and I'm sure you're right, that is unless she had gone without food and water long enough that she was really out of it

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »

Watching some of the First Season episodes of the Adventures of Superman.....George Reeves had an amazing smile....although Superman didn't smile too much, nor did Clark Kent.

And I really like Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane....she was one tough cookie.

She sure screams a lot during her season on the show. But I liked her. She's much more sardonic than Noel Neill as Lois.

Those first season episodes are much grittier and tougher than subsequent seasons of the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

Is anybody else gonna watch/record the new ABC law show called THE DEEP END (i think that's the name)?

I don't have anything on at 8pm until SURVIVOR comes back on feb 11th. So I think I will give it a try (although i have heard nothing about it save for a few promos).

No, I have no intention of watching it. The cast didn't interest me (though I liked Billy Zane in THE PHANTOM), and I don't care to see a young version of GREY'S ANATOMY set in a law firm with everybody hopping into each other's beds. GREY'S gives me MORE than my quota of that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »

Words I didn't want to hear after spending 2 1/2 hours shoveling snow off the garage roof "You make be feeling the effects of the weekend storm starting tomorrow"

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »

When I went back down, I finished up the two remaining bonus features on the disc. If I had known they were so short, I would have gone ahead and finished them this afternoon. I just assumed they were going to be as long as the features which had preceded them. Each was about 5 minutes, so I had a nice long amount of time.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »

Time to go home.

Much TV watching will be happening tonight. :D

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

I started with last night's UGLY BETTY. As usual, Betty was rushing around trying to be all things to all people, especially in her apartment building, but I did like the story with Marc a lot this week. They occasionally soften him, and it's always appealing when they do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up