Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: $*){}+_>?>/.,/  (Read 38416 times)

Laura

Re: $*){}+_>?>/.,/
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »

How awful, Cillaliz. It sounds very much like one of our dust storms.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »

On a sadder note, I found out today that Candace had tried to call in and say she couldn't make it to work on account of the weather, but they told her to go. She was on her way home driving very slowly because of the white out conditions and a semi truck speeding along behind her literally ran over her car.  A pile up resulted behind the truck.   That is my biggest fear in driving in bad weather, that a truck behind me won't be able to stop and will smush me.  

Oh my gosh that is so awful.  Imagine being that person who told her she had to come in. :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »

DR Cillaliz - How is Candace?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Well...

It looks like CBS has found it's cry-fest equivalent to ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Live for the Moment".

Just sayin'.

Although I really like jeff probst (i think he is excellent when he co-hosts with Kelly Ripa) and i really like many reality shows ... I'm not that big on cry fests.  So I"m skipping this one.

Although apparently next week there is going to be some sort of survivor episode before the new season starts the week after. That i will watch.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »

Cillaliz posted this on Tuesday:
In our most recent blizzard on Monday, an acquaintance was in a major pile up on Interstate 29.  I knew yesterday she wasn't in good shape, but didn't know until today that she died.  Candace was a really cool woman. She was married to a chef and they ran a couple different organc/local food restaurants. She went back to school later in life and was either now a social worker or about to become one. She had 3 daughters, I think the youngest may be high school age.  Once again we weren't close, but she was a good friend of a good friend so I saw her quite often at different social gatherings.   What a sad day for her family.

:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »

And now...to home. 

Until later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

She's the one who died the other day.  She was taken to the hospital after the accident, but was brain dead.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »

DR Cillaliz - My apologies for not keeping names and timelines straight in my head.  Again, my condolences.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

Well...

It looks like CBS has found it's cry-fest equivalent to ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Live for the Moment".

Just sayin'.

Although I really like jeff probst (i think he is excellent when he co-hosts with Kelly Ripa) and i really like many reality shows ... I'm not that big on cry fests.  So I"m skipping this one.

Although apparently next week there is going to be some sort of survivor episode before the new season starts the week after. That i will watch.

As I understood it, this was a kind of backdoor pilot for a possible series if the ratings from tonight are favorable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »

DR Cillaliz - My apologies for not keeping names and timelines straight in my head.  Again, my condolences.

It's ok, Jose.  I don't expect everyone to keep everything straight that's posted here, I know I can't.  Thanks.  We weren't close, but this one has gotten to me.   I'm going to the visitation and prayer service tomorrow after work.  I don't think I'll do the funeral on Saturday, I just have too much to do to get ready for the open house.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »

Bad weather has not started here yet, but it is cold. Heaven only knows what we'll be facing tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »

Friday is my rest day from walking, so rain or shine, I get to be inside tomorrow morning. The bad weather is supposed to extended to Saturday, so I may be treadmilling it then.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »

And now I'm going to head downstairs and put myself to bed. With all the stuff that came in today (a very daunting stack of discs and box sets), I am going to be SO busy starting tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:41 PM »

Oh, rats!

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »

Tomorrow I've cleared my schedule. I was going to work on office work and I may do some of that, but I think I'll work on the finishing touches on the office.  I need to buy the plant from my parents, use my free flowers for Jan and free blooming plant for Feb, if they'll let me do both so I have some nice flowers for a center piece and to freshen up the place.   I have photos to frame, a couple pictures to hang, I'd like to find a couple chairs etc.  It will be good to be doing something so positive.   It would be nice if the government would pay me for all the claims that are pending - some since November - but that's how the government works

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »

How awful, Cillaliz. It sounds very much like one of our dust storms.

A blizzard is very much like a dust storm, only you also have to try to avoid sliding off the road because of the ice and snow

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »

Speaking of photos to frame, I can't find some of my photos with folks like Johnny Cochrane.  I had them not long ago and was going to reframe them, but now I can't find the photos! I can reprint some of them, but not all of them because a few of them were film not digital.  Better go do that before bed. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2010, 08:14:29 PM »

If any of you have bad weather and are thinking about driving anyway, don't. It just isnt' worth it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »

Finished with my viewing and shall now take a hot shower then maybe look at today's writing.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »

Yes, I got it.  The VCR tape is about 5 minutes or so of the Doctor giving instructions. 

*And I'm loving some of the "complaints" posted here and there about that kit not including the key chain that's available in one of the other packages. ::)

There's a keychain?  Damn them, damn them to hell.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2010, 08:54:02 PM »

In other "Lost" news...

Did any DRs order/buy any of the various souvenir box sets of Season Five?  A friend of mine has been showing off her "Dharma Initiative Orientation Packet", and has been looking for someone with a working VCR to play the accompanying tape.

Yes, I got it.  The VCR tape is about 5 minutes or so of the Doctor giving instructions. 

And is it the same "tape" that was shown in the series?

Not if I'm understanding you correctly.  It's the same actor and the same general setup, but I don't remember having seen any snippets from this on the show.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »

Not if I'm understanding you correctly.  It's the same actor and the same general setup, but I don't remember having seen any snippets from this on the show.

Maybe I have my characters mixed up, but... Isn't Pierre Chang supposed to be on the tape?  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »

Post deleted.

By DR Laura.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »

Cranberries!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »

Well, someone had to say it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »

I'd really like to be here for Page Seven, but, alas...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »

I'd like to be here for page seven. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »

But since we've had nothing but WUSSBURGERS for weeks, I don't believe we'll be seeing page seven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »

Speaking of page seven, I wrote seventeen pages today - pretty good.  We're now shooting The Creature Wasn't Nice.  This is a particularly fun section to write, as I've told very few of these stories to anyone.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »

We made it! A dear old friend from Atlanta cooked dinner for us in an amazing house in Silverlake with a panorama view of LA and a most excellent garden and bomb shelter. He's a doc filmmaker we've both worked with in Atlanta. He moved away when his daughter was a year old to be near the family in LA. Now, the same daughter is starting high school. How did THAT happen?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up