Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: $*){}+_>?>/.,/  (Read 38415 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: $*){}+_>?>/.,/
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »

PAGE FIVE SWORD DANCE!!

;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:28:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »

I don't know why. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »

Well...

It looks like CBS has found it's cry-fest equivalent to ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Live for the Moment".

Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

I've done about fourteen pages and have to take a break for a few hours - maybe I'll do another page at that point or maybe I'll smooth out what I wrote today.  We shall see.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »

In other "Lost" news...

Did any DRs order/buy any of the various souvenir box sets of Season Five?  A friend of mine has been showing off her "Dharma Initiative Orientation Packet", and has been looking for someone with a working VCR to play the accompanying tape.

Yes, I got it.  The VCR tape is about 5 minutes or so of the Doctor giving instructions. 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »

In other "Lost" news...

Did any DRs order/buy any of the various souvenir box sets of Season Five?  A friend of mine has been showing off her "Dharma Initiative Orientation Packet", and has been looking for someone with a working VCR to play the accompanying tape.

Yes, I got it.  The VCR tape is about 5 minutes or so of the Doctor giving instructions. 

And is it the same "tape" that was shown in the series?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »

*And I'm loving some of the "complaints" posted here and there about that kit not including the key chain that's available in one of the other packages. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

OH! OH! OH! OH!

So....

1) Go to www.kayak.com
2) Select "Flights"
3) Book a "One-Way" flight from SYD to LAX on 09/22/2010
4) Look down the available airlines on the left-hand side of the page...

:)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:44:36 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »

Good evening.  Happy Birthday to Edi's DH Greg!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »

Don't have much to say today.  Busy with work and getting ready for my open house on Tuesday.  I have a couple friends who have decided to come to town for it and will be spending the night with me.  SO, now I have to clean house and prep for the open house.  It will be well worth it.   For the open house there could be anything from a few people to over 100. I have no idea which it will be lol

Laura

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »

That's exciting and frightening, Cillaliz! I hope you get a nice moderate turnout.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2010, 06:56:41 PM »

That's exciting and frightening, Cillaliz! I hope you get a nice moderate turnout.

DITTO! :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »

The Chamber of Commerce is doing a ribbon cutting so it's on their newsletter.  I don't know how many show up for that.  I sent out over 100 emails, thinking many wouldn't be interested.  I'm starting to hope that the people telling me they will be there are just being nice, lol.  It will be fun no matter what. I'll get to show the office off and see a lot of people.  I've blocked off Wednesday morning so I can have breakfast out with my friends.  It will be nice.

My family won't be there.  They sent me money to buy a plant.  That's fine, actually, this is really more about marketing my business and letting my friends see my new office,

Jane

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

i forgot to mention, to keith's joy i have begun washing dishes.  i can't do many at a time, & only the basics.  cookware is beyond me.  the therapist said it is good therapy.  i still can't cook yet, except to make basmati & steamed vegetables.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »

The reason I think it may be a good crowd is that it's right after work and the weather is supposed to be nice.  Everyone has cabin fever so any excuse to get out is welcome

Jane

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »

cilla, if more people show than expected do you have a back-up plan for quickly restocking the food?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »

That's so funny about (500) DAYS OF SUMMER. The slick ending with the (probable) girl of his dreams there didn't sit well with me at all, very cliched compared to the rest of the film which was like a breath of romantic comedy fresh air otherwise.

it worked for me since it fit the theme of the movie.

Too slick, too easy, too ordinary rom-com stuff after the innovations of the rest of the movie.

lol, except i disagree with you on the movie.  true, it was an unusual storyline & i should have found it endearing.  for me, it didn't quite succeed.

Sorry it didn't work for you. It sure did for me until that unfortunately trite ending.

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »

Well, I have ordered 72 premade cocktail bun sized sandwiches.  I bought 66 cans of pop and 48 bottles of water (we're fine with extra as we can offer it to clients and drink it ourselves), 6 big bags of chips, a big bag of chex mix (I may get another) 1/2  sheet cake  and I will be making a huge vege tray.  I'm considering a couple of those little rings of shrimp, but not sure about that. I'm not serving wine or beer.   The invite just says "light munchies".  I've decided it is what it is. If I run out of food, I run out of food.  If it's really crazy, I'm sure Gretchen and Carol would do a quick run to the store for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »

In other "Lost" news...

And is it the same "tape" that was shown in the series?

Dr. Marvin Candle at your service.

:D

I didn't actually get that set for review, but I suspect the tape was made especially for the box set. I'm guessing that because each of the stations on the island had its own separate orientation tape, and Pierre Chang assumed a new identity on each one of them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:23:50 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »

Well...

It looks like CBS has found it's cry-fest equivalent to ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Live for the Moment".

Just sayin'.

Gag.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »

On the other hand if we get an unexpected snow storm, I will be eating cocktail sandwiches for a very long time

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:19 PM »

I had such a fun evening just kicking back with a bunch of fun shows.

I began with HUMAN TARGET. Pretty good action tale, but the team didn't seem quite as adept this week as in previous episodes. I guess they can't be too invulnerable or there would be no suspense at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »

Next I watched BETTER OFF TED with the charming, funny (and a trifle more bulked up) Eddie McClintock as guest star. It was a very funny episode. Such a peculiar show with a basketful of nuts, all of them tasty.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »

On a sadder note, I found out today that Candace had tried to call in and say she couldn't make it to work on account of the weather, but they told her to go. She was on her way home driving very slowly because of the white out conditions and a semi truck speeding along behind her literally ran over her car.  A pile up resulted behind the truck.   That is my biggest fear in driving in bad weather, that a truck behind me won't be able to stop and will smush me.   

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »

Then I watched WHITE COLLAR. Loved the snooping and "sting" style caper, and glad to see both sides learning each others' identities and assisting with cases and problems.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2010, 07:17:56 PM »

Next up was PSYCH, and a fun caper with John Cena as guest star doing a good job as this super operative.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

Then came tonight's BONES with a gay-themed episode which I really enjoyed. Nice to see Robert Gant as one of the guest stars even if his role was only for one scene. I should have put the mystery together better, but I was too distracted by Brendan Fehr as Booth's gorgeous brother to keep my mind on the case.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »

I concluded my evening viewing with tonight's SUPERNATURAL, a fun episode played a little more for laughs than usual until it turned deadly serious during the second half.

Once again, I missed Castiel, but I noticed in the previews that he'll be back next week.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »

Tomorrow my work project will be WHIP IT on Blu-ray. Sure took its sweet time getting here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up