Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: $*){}+_>?>/.,/  (Read 38384 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: $*){}+_>?>/.,/
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »

Glad you're feeling better, though, JMK.

Make sure your medical record documents all that transpired today...and what caused it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »

Meanwhile.....

......PAGE III
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »

* * * * *  Healthy Kidney Vibes for DR JMK  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »

So, will it be Zac Efron or R Patz as Holden Caulfield in the now inevitable CATCHER IN THE RYE movie?

Directed by Chris Columbus or Robert Zemeckis?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2010, 11:12:41 AM »

Vibes to JMK! I hope the tests show you have no kidney ailments (at least anything that can't be fixed easily)!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »

DR JMK :(  MEGA HEALTH VIBES!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »

Last night i had a rare fall asleep quickly night.  unfortunately i couldn't stay asleep.  on the upside it was only pain in my shoulder keeping me awake.  lately it is extreme restlessness & agitation keeping me up most the night.  i expect all that has happened & the meds created the problem.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »

Feel better vibes to DR JMK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »

MAYBE MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE 500 DAYS OF SUMMER:

I watched the movie 500 DAYS Of SUMMER yesterday.  I know a lot of people loved it and some did not.  I guess I fall somewhere in the middle (although more towards liking it).  I thought it was cute and quirky. I liked the 2 leads. I thought the concept of going back and forth in time was sort of interesting.  But while some might have disliked the ending, I actually really liked the ending.

i liked the ending, much of the getting there was my issue.

I hadn't really read much about the movie before watching it. So i did not realize it was not a true romantic comedy (although they make that very clear right from the start of the movie).

Usually at the end of these movies you feel good. And obviously since they make it clear from the start of the movie that this will not be happening ... it makes it hard to know how to end it.

But i thought the ending was quirky and fun. And i loved the play on names.  I think they just wanted people to leave not feeling depressed (which would have happened with a different ending).

To me the ending is a big part of how i feel about the movie on a whole. And i think this ending made me like the movie more than i would have otherwise.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

Vibes for healthy kidneys, DR JMK!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

$*){}+_>?>/.,/!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »

That's so funny about (500) DAYS OF SUMMER. The slick ending with the (probable) girl of his dreams there didn't sit well with me at all, very cliched compared to the rest of the film which was like a breath of romantic comedy fresh air otherwise.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »

What a gorgeous day outside. I enjoyed doing my errands and then going out to meet John for lunch. (He's still in Microsoft training so we had to go to a place near his training facility.)

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »

Tomorrow at this time, we may be staring at snow, ice, and typical winter weather. From the looks of today, one might think that spring was getting ready to erupt.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:50 PM »

When I got in, I immediately watched the last three episodes remaining of JAG. Very good, very entertaining, and a lovely way to end the series.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Next I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Both fellas weren't on, but Oliver was, and so I watched all of his scenes. He's always a pleasure to watch at work.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS as well. Nothing of interest, but Dr. Pill was in the previews for tomorrow so I assume Luke will be present, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »

I never heard anyone at the door, but when I checked the front stoop to see if the UPS man had delivered anything, BOY was I surprised. I got BARNABY JONES - the First Season, which I was expecting. WHIP IT arrived as I suspected it would. AND, I got three packages from Criterion. Three of their releases for February on both DVD and Blu-ray along with GEORGE BERNARD SHAW ON FILM.

I am going to be very busy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

Here's the advance announcement of the new Kritzerland release.  The usual drill - if you want it, pay directly via paypal - $19.98 plus 3.75 shipping to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

BLESS HIM!  DAMN HIM!

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition CD soundtrack:

ELMER GANTRY
Music Composed and Conducted by Andre Previn

In 1960, Elmer Gantry, based on the best-selling 1927 novel by Sinclair Lewis, was brought to the screen by writer/director Richard Brooks.  The story of a womanizing con man and an evangelist selling religion all across America was an instant success with critics and audiences.   Burt Lancaster gave one of his greatest performances as Gantry, for which he won a well-deserved Oscar.  Jean Simmons was pure magic as Sister Sharon Falconer, and sweet ingénue Shirley Jones amazed everyone with her fantastic performance as Lulu, the former lover of Gantry and now prostitute – she, too, won a well-deserved Oscar.  The supporting cast was filled with great character actors, including Arthur Kennedy, Edward Andrews, Dean Jagger, John McIntire, and Hugh Marlowe.  The film would also win an Oscar for Brooks’ screenplay, and received one other key nomination for Best Scoring of a Drama or Comedy Picture.

The competition was tough that year – the other nominees were Ernest Gold’s Exodus, Tiomkin’s The Alamo, Alex North’s Spartacus, and Elmer Bernstein for The Magnificent Seven (not even nominated was Herrmann’s Psycho).  While the prize would go to Exodus, Previn’s score stood tall amongst that year’s film scores. 

Previn’s score is almost a character in the film.  It’s a surprisingly short score, but it informs the film every time it’s used.  The “Main Title” is one of the most propulsive scene-setters in the history of film scoring, an astonishing virtuosic showpiece that sets the stage perfectly.  While there are some standard religious songs sprinkled throughout the film, Previn never resorts to quoting from them in his actual score cues.   In a career filled with brilliant scores (including Bad Day At Black Rock, Two For The Seesaw, Inside Daisy Clover, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse,  and his four for Billy Wilder, One, Two, Three, Irma La Douce, Kiss Me, Stupid, and The Fortune Cookie) Elmer Gantry remains a highlight of his distinguished career.

Elmer Gantry was originally issued on a United Artists LP, and then on CD by Ryko.  For this release, we’ve used the original three-track album takes, with much improved sound.  There were occasional dropouts on the master tape, all of which were heard on the Ryko release – they’ve all been fixed for this release.   Ryko discovered some outtakes, which they put into a bonus suite, but we found one outtake cue that they inadvertently left off.  We’ve put the entire score in film order, including the outtakes.  We’ve also included the original album presentation, as well.  Also included on the Ryko were a few other bonus tracks of the religious music – but they were included as acapella vocals.  The original LP presentation included the instrumental tracks for “Shall We Gather At The River” and “Stand Up For Jesus.”  For the first time we’ve combined the vocals and instrumental tracks and present them as they were used in the film.

It gives us great pleasure to finally present the score as heard in the film, in clear, crisp sound.  It’s a Previn masterpiece.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CD will ship by the first week of March – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »

Tomorrow at this time, we may be staring at snow, ice, and typical winter weather. From the looks of today, one might think that spring was getting ready to erupt.

Apparently, we had snow this morning here in NYC.  Alas, I slept through all of it.  And, alas, I've been in a fog this whole afternoon as a result of last night's interrupted sleep.  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

Around this time of year, we can go from spring to deep winter in the blink of an eye. So glad I got my usual Friday errands done today so that if you DO get bad weather, I won't have to be out in it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »

TV tonight is a mixture of new episodes and reruns.

Fox and the CW are showing new episodes of their shows BONES, FRINGE, SUPERNATURAL, and VAMPIRE DIARIES.

The other networks are mostly airing reruns except for the new shows that are premiering or recently premiered (THE DEEP END, the new reality show on CBS in SURVIVOR's timeslot produced by the same folks who produce SURVIVOR).

Of course, there IS a new episode of BURN NOTICE tonight on USA. Can't think of missing that!

And after reading about "Live for the Moment", I'm really curious about how the premise will be executed.

Quest for Joy and Wonder Before Time Runs Out
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:55:17 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

Happy birthday to my LA bound husband!

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Edisaurus' LA bound DH Greg!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »

bk - Nice New Release!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »

Happy Birthday to Greg!

George

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 02:12:15 PM »

Topic of the Day:

...which I just ordered. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »

My DH is digging up the vegetable garden. Well, we like to think we garden. We get a tomato once in a while. Awful lot of work for a couple of tomatoes, in my opinion.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 02:14:31 PM »

And this was posted on NYTimes.com a few hours ago...

Creators of ‘Lost’ Say the GPS Unit Is Plugged In
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »

Oy, oy and triple oy.  I had been scheduled for a follow up CT scan after my bout with kidney stones and arrived promptly at the hospital this morning expecting to just "go through the donut" like last time.  But, noooooo.  First I had to drink a humongous glass of some potion, wait for an hour, and then get injected with dye, to which I had an immediate allergic reaction.   It was not fun.  And I may have some serious kidney issues, so I'm a bit worried.

~~~Kidney Vibes for DR JMK!!~~~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up