Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOME STRETCH  (Read 55913 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE HOME STRETCH
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2010, 11:32:29 PM »

The chicken pot pie actually turned out really good. It was from the Kraft magazine.

You put 1 can of cream of something soup, 3 cups frozen veggies, 2 cups shredded cheese, and 2-3 cups cooked chicken cubbed.

You mix that together and then break apart those pilsbury crescents and bake it on top for like 25 minutes on 375F (brush a beaten egg on it to get it brown).

It was surprisingly delicious.

Well, I'm sure it tasted/tastes good - a can of cream of something soup, 2 cups of shredded cheese and a container of crescent rolls... Fat and sodium always taste good. ;)

*Seriously, if you're trying to lose weight or even just trying to eat healthy/healthier, that's definitely not something anyone should be including in their diet.  However, at least veggies and some lean protein are included.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2010, 11:34:56 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2010, 11:35:44 PM »

The chicken pot pie actually turned out really good. It was from the Kraft magazine.

You put 1 can of cream of something soup, 3 cups frozen veggies, 2 cups shredded cheese, and 2-3 cups cooked chicken cubbed.

You mix that together and then break apart those pilsbury crescents and bake it on top for like 25 minutes on 375F (brush a beaten egg on it to get it brown).

It was surprisingly delicious.

Well, I'm sure it tasted/tastes good - a can of cream of something soup, 2 cups of shredded cheese and a container of crescent rolls... Fat and sodium always taste good. ;)

*Seriously, if you're trying to lose weight or even just trying to eat healthy/healthier, that's definitely not something anyone should be including in their diet.  However, at least veggies and some lean protein are included.

And, yes... I did have a cup of the Chinese Cinnamon Hot Chocolate and a Honey-Walnut Rugelach earlier this evening at City Bakery.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »

I think the Encores! production of FANNY is quite beautiful, and the two leading men, George Hearn as Cesar and Fred Applegate as Panisse, really really fantastic. I started crying when Hearn sang "Welcome Home" and didn't stop till the final tableau when the song was sadly reprised. I hope it's a huge success for everyone.

BK, I am so looking forward to this book.

My friend Chris, whom some of you know, needs some vibes. He's been having some health issues and I am a bit concerned about him. Please send him a few. Thanks!

~~~Vibes for Larry's DF Chris!!~~~

And that's a great photo, Larry!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »

For all the things I missed by being errant and truant.

Sending vibes to everybody. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully next month will be calmer and I will have some time to turn the computer on every day.  I don't even read my emails right now unless they have to do with getting out of this building before the 28th.

Hugs and kisses. :-[
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »

Interesting fact of the day.

A lot has been made of all the millions that Avatar has made in the past two or so months. It is #1 in the USA and the world

BUT!!!

If you take into account box office grosses adjusted for today's dollars

Avatar is only #21 on the all time money making list.

Top Ten are
Gone With The Wind
The Sound of Music
ET
The Ten Commadments
Titanic
Jaws
Doctor Zhivago
The Exorcist
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I think that this is the list so people can see how todays movies stack up to the films of the past.

DR Michael S - That's a statistic that they've been tracking for as long as they've been tracking movie grosses.  -Other industries do the same thing: "price adjusted for inflation". I'm not really sure it is meant to see how "movies stack up to the films of the past", but rather an indication of the ever increasing budgets of movies over the years.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »

Good night everyone. :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »

TCB I find it hard to imagine someone wouldn't inquire if it is a gag.  Are you sure it was for you?  I thought gift subscriptions usually included a gift card.

It has my name and address on the label.  They apparently didn't say it was a gift, but just ordered it in my name and paid for it.

There was a rash of mystery gift subscriptions of "Time Out: New York" last year here in New York City.  We ended up with a free year of the magazine here at the apartment, and found out that at least five our friends also "mysteriously" started receiving subscriptions.  Thankfully, we all liked the magazine and just accepted the mystery gift.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »

For all the things I missed by being errant and truant.

Sending vibes to everybody. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully next month will be calmer and I will have some time to turn the computer on every day.  I don't even read my emails right now unless they have to do with getting out of this building before the 28th.

Hugs and kisses. :-[

Hi, DR Sam!!

Good night everyone. :)

Bye, DR Sam.

See you again soon.  ~~~~~SMOOTH MOVING VIBES TO YOU~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2010, 12:02:45 AM »

And now for a little break.  I am going to go ahead and stay up until I have to leave for the airport. -Although, I may opt for a 30 minute cat nap, but... I want to assemble my carry-on bag, and take care of some tidying up in my room.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »

bk - Congrats on finishing your tome!  -Somewhere down the line, do you plan to take any time away from it - even for a day - before taking a real good look at it?

I won't look at it again until mid next week.  Then I'll read it and see how it flows all at once.  I will probably ask muse Margaret to do the same, but we've already been through it multiple times - I tend to not go on until I'm completely happy and I sometimes rewrite things ten or twenty times before moving on.  By the time I finish, it's not really a first pass.  All the books have been that way.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2010, 12:51:12 AM »

Oooo...today isn't closed! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2010, 05:31:37 AM »

I noticed today wasn't closed either. So, I'll sneak in a couple of posts...
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:12 AM »

Interesting fact of the day.

A lot has been made of all the millions that Avatar has made in the past two or so months. It is #1 in the USA and the world

BUT!!!

If you take into account box office grosses adjusted for today's dollars

Avatar is only #21 on the all time money making list.

Top Ten are
Gone With The Wind
The Sound of Music
ET
The Ten Commadments
Titanic
Jaws
Doctor Zhivago
The Exorcist
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I think that this is the list so people can see how todays movies stack up to the films of the past.

DR Michael S - That's a statistic that they've been tracking for as long as they've been tracking movie grosses.  -Other industries do the same thing: "price adjusted for inflation". I'm not really sure it is meant to see how "movies stack up to the films of the past", but rather an indication of the ever increasing budgets of movies over the years.

Not true, but this is also not that reliable since I doubt that they applied differing amounts of adjustments for the reissues these movies have gone through over the years.

The fairest method of registering most popular films would be through the number of actual ticket sales per film down through the years. AVATAR has somewhat inflated prices due to its premium admissions via 3-D. But if they could count ticket sales down through the years, that's a statistic I WOULD believe.

Matt H.

« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2010, 05:35:13 AM »

Yes, DR Dakota, one thing I think you can always count on is that folks always love to see regulars return to HHW. You might get a slight rebuff while you're away, but never once you're back.

Matt H.

« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2010, 05:36:38 AM »

I don't think I mentioned it earlier but I did finally get my shipping notice from Amazon for THE MUSIC MAN/FINIAN'S RAINBOW on Tuesday. That means I won't see it until Monday since my postman doesn't seem to like to deliver packages on Saturday.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up