Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KING OF THE EM DASH  (Read 12258 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: THE KING OF THE EM DASH
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »

We're back to hanging sconces and wrangling archival footage; exactly where we were last weekend before parental drama occurred.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »

Page 6 em dash dance!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »

I had never heard of that until today. I had to look it up on Wiki and saw that they used an excerpt from one of my favorite books, "The Mezzanine', as an example.

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »

Today I took a break and took Greg's sister to the American Craft Council show---museum quality work of fabric, pottery, wood turning, glass blowing, jewelry, etc. It was nice to see all of the clothes and art that we would buy if we won the lottery. I did buy a few small things but exercised more restraint than in years past.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »

Tomorrow morning I'm off to see my parents.  I'm still getting a kick out of how excited my mom is about the copier....which reminds me, I need to see what I need for the rebate

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

Finished with my viewing and am listening to music.  Next book session will be Tuesday evening - I fear we won't be able to finish everything - the photos and all the damned em dash and bad break fixes.  We shall see.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2010, 10:06:12 PM »

I also enjoy THE HISTORY BOYS very much and wish I had seen the original cast onstage.

I saw the original production at the National in London; the cast of the movie is, I believe, the exact same cast in the film.  There may be one or two changes in the boys, but I don't think so...It was a stunning production onstage, by the by.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2010, 10:18:48 PM »

I also enjoy THE HISTORY BOYS very much and wish I had seen the original cast onstage.

I saw the original production at the National in London; the cast of the movie is, I believe, the exact same cast in the film.  There may be one or two changes in the boys, but I don't think so...It was a stunning production onstage, by the by.

And it was quite wonderful at The Broadhurst during it's run on Broadway.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »

Dame Kiri Te Kanawa was incredible tonight.  After listening to the first song I decided that next time I go to New York I want to go see an opera.   The house was packed and the ovations just didn't stop.  She did either 3 or 4 encores, the last one was a capella. One of the best parts of the evening was hearing her beautiful voice and the symphony orchestra without any amplification.  The sound is SO much better without having it go through the sound system.  She did use a mic on a couple of the show tunes and apologized but said the arrangements really required it.

Sounds like it was a great concert. -Did she talk about her recent appearance at The Met in The Daughter of the Regiment - in a primarily speaking role?  -And I'm guessing her final encore was a Maori song. ??
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »

BRAINEX is in Indiana in April as well.

Copycats!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »

So where is everyone today?

I'm home and have been since about 6:00 pm.  I went to work today and afterward, did a bit of shopping then came home and watched several hours of TV.  While I was watching TV, I was also printing CD booklets for some library CDs that I copied to replace a few of my stolen CDs.  Almost exactly five years ago.  It was May 2005...I found my eBay e-mails.  I bought 300 sheets of 11x17 matte photo paper very cheaply.  I had them cut in half and got 600 8 1/2x11 sheets!  Anyway, I just ran out a couple of weeks ago.  So, I bought 600 sheets of something called inkjet presentation paper to replace what I'd gotten before and it just arrived today!  It's a bit lighter in weight than the matte photo paper (and is a bit more see-through, but not horribly so), but it's a bit brighter and prints very nicely.  I've printed four multi-page booklets and am about to scan then print two more.  Since I'm replacing a bunch of CDs, I don't think that this batch will last five years, but I'll certainly enjoy using them. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up