Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FEW REMAINING PACKAGES  (Read 11260 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE FEW REMAINING PACKAGES
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:54 PM »

I had a great day today, actually. a couple new clients and two of my clients in removal proceedings (deportation) asked for a hearing.  The FIRST available date for people out on bond is March 6, 2012...yup two years from now.  So, they'll be here on bond for two years before getting a hearing.  Pretty amazing

So who will that affect how they fill out their census forms?

;)  :-\ ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

I'm jealous of your walks in Central Park.  I can't wait until I can go back to NYC and spend some time playing there.  I'd love it if you could post some Central Park photos tomorrow

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »

I'm jealous of your walks in Central Park.  I can't wait until I can go back to NYC and spend some time playing there.  I'd love it if you could post some Central Park photos tomorrow

I'm pretty sure I'll be taking some pictures.  And posting some as well.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »

Mine would look something like this:

Donkey Kong!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »

Or is that more like Mario Bros?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »

I had a great day today, actually. a couple new clients and two of my clients in removal proceedings (deportation) asked for a hearing.  The FIRST available date for people out on bond is March 6, 2012...yup two years from now.  So, they'll be here on bond for two years before getting a hearing.  Pretty amazing

So who will that affect how they fill out their census forms?

;)  :-\ ::)

It means they are here for two more years. Some people in their shoes can work, some can't, but they have to wait here for court.  One of my clients is very sick. She could agree to go to Canada and get free health care, but she wants to stay here.  She doesn't have insurance, but is having no problem getting treatment

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »

Did you hear that the Obama lady he's been talking about on all these recent rallies qualifies for medicaid? Guess she has insurance after all

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »

It should ask what you do for a living-very sad. 

The census does not inquire into whether or not I am, or ever had been, married; nor does it inquire as to whether or not I have/had any offspring. Seems like a bleak day for genealogists!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »

From across the pond...

Juliet and Her Romeo: Star-crossed senior citizens

"At 76, Siān Phillips has reached the age when male actors of her generation and stature are squaring up to such titans in the Shakespeare canon as Lear and Prospero. She, meanwhile, must be content with somewhat lesser parts: the Nurse from Romeo and Juliet, say, or Mistress Quickly, the pub landlady in Henry IV. "They're very nice roles," she says, in the tone of someone accepting a ham sandwich in lieu of steak au poivre.

So when Tom Morris, Bristol Old Vic's new artistic director, summoned her to a meeting last year, she felt faintly apathetic. "Usually when people want to talk to me, it's to ask what I would like to do, and I have no idea." En route, she confessed this to her assistant, who quipped: "Well, at least he's not going to offer you Juliet."

This sounds like the tallest of tales, because Morris did offer her Juliet – but in a reimagining of the play that transforms the teenage lovers into octogenarian residents of a care home, and their parents into the staff and offspring caring for them. Equally ironic is the fact that Phillips has never played Juliet. "I never looked young enough," she says. "Even at 19, I could pass for 30. I've always played above my age...."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »

Well...

That's about all I can do for now. It's been a long day.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »

....people are grumpy, oh yes, people are grumpy

We are not, damn it!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2010, 10:58:36 PM »

Back from the book session and some nachos.  Grant had other work to do so we had to quit at nine.  We got through half the book - very annoying, as he probably can't go back to it until the weekend.  Even MORE annoying was the fact that he did the em dash search wrong when he first did it - which is why I had to spend all that time finding them.  He did them correctly when I got there tonight and it found every single one - had that happened when he first did them, we'd be done not only with the fixes but with the photos, which we never even got to (I did choose them, though).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »

Tonight at "The Brain" rehearsal, we sang through the chorus numbers from last night again, and we got to a few things that we hadn't.  Josh let most of us go and he worked with the leads for the rest of the rehearsal time.  So, we've sung through everything that the chorus sings, I think.  We haven't had a read-through and we certainly won't start blocking, yet.  We don't have rehearsal tomorrow, but we do Thursday and then Saturday.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up