Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NO FOOLS APRIL FOOL'S DAY  (Read 11159 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE NO FOOLS APRIL FOOL'S DAY
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »

But before I go...

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »

I can't tell you all how good it feels to have all this yard work done already.  I usually put it off until about May and by that time it's so overgrown I can't really clean things out.  Now, I'm all set to clear out the flower beds along by rock wall and plant flowers and plants.  The back yard is about to become a really great place to be

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

I've never heard of Green & Black's.  What are they (he asked without bothering to look it up himself on the inner-web ;))?

DR George - Green & Black's

Thanks, Jose!  They look really good!  And according to their website, the local Fred Meyer has them.  I guess I'll check it out. :D

You're welcome, George.  Green & Black's is definitely "premium" chocolate. It's meant for nibbling, rather than snacking and devouring.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »

Finally back.  Rehearsal was as nutty as I knew it would be.  Nothing but HUGE scenes and musical numbers today.  We finished all but three of them, and added one hour to the schedule for tomorrow - IF I can get them done in an hour, as the three that are left are also HUGE.  But I was very pleased with the minimal little staging things I did on the two biggest numbers - just some moving around, formation changes, and buttons.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »

I must now relax.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

RE: last night's UGLY BETTY

Before I left for lunch, I had time to watch UGLY BETTY. As the show winds down, the writers are slowly changing the character of Betty. When the show started, she was really interested in fashion and wanted to be a part of that scene. Now, however, she's not into such surface pursuits as fashion and looks. She's more about important environmental issues. Kind of left me a little cold with her rising nicely at MODE only for us to find out that's not what she wants at all. Confusing to say the least.

Justin's story was sweet, and it was nice to see characters back who were regulars in years past. Don't like the storyline with WIllie really doing terrible physical and psychological damage to an alcoholic who needs help just to satisfy her sick dreams of power. They had been tempering her character over the last year or so, but now she's worse than ever.

Again, I don't get it, but with the show only on a couple of more weeks, I guess at this point it doesn't matter.

It's funny that you sound like you didn't like last night's show. I thought it was one of the best this season.  I absolutely loved watching them in london. And it was so great to see christina and geo (sp?).

You read correctly. I didn't like it much.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »

I spent a fair amount of my time this evening leading up to prime time TV watching the remaining special features on the ALVIN Blu-ray. A couple of the features were tongue-in-cheek featurettes where the human actors are pretending the chipmunks were there and they're giving interviews about their egos, etc. I found those tiresome. The features geared to show a little of the work behind the magic were interesting but might have been shown in greater detail.

Since the disc was past street date, the BD-Live stuff was active, but it was only a trailer and a couple of deleted scenes. Of course, there were also contents there for a host of current or upcoming film and Blu-ray releases, too. THE SOUND OF MUSIC is one of those.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »

I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Reid was on (no Luke), but his scenes were about his impending suit for malpractice. He was also in the previews for tomorrow but once again, there didn't appear to be any Luke in any of those scenes.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »

Oliver had some nice scenes in today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE which I also skimmed. Too bad Kyle couldn't have been there with him with him holding the baby for the first time as her "official" father. (He did hold her earlier during the failed rescue attempt of her mother.)

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

Then I watched tonight's BONES episode. A pretty interesting case and some further developments with some of the characters.

Of course, I did hate Dr. Sweets' proposal to the irritating Daisy. Not that I don't wish him every happiness, but this means she's going to stick around as a character since she'll be tied to him, and she is BY FAR my least favorite intern that is used on the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »

GREY'S ANATOMY came next. Again, involving cases and (for me) disposable personal stuff with doctors who're so eager to have children (or not). I did enjoy seeing Alex's brother, and it's too bad he's not sticking around. It would give Lexie or one of the other unattached females someone to hop into bed with since the pool of male candidates available for them seems to be shrinking.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:29 PM »

RE: last night's UGLY BETTY

Before I left for lunch, I had time to watch UGLY BETTY. As the show winds down, the writers are slowly changing the character of Betty. When the show started, she was really interested in fashion and wanted to be a part of that scene. Now, however, she's not into such surface pursuits as fashion and looks. She's more about important environmental issues. Kind of left me a little cold with her rising nicely at MODE only for us to find out that's not what she wants at all. Confusing to say the least.

Justin's story was sweet, and it was nice to see characters back who were regulars in years past. Don't like the storyline with WIllie really doing terrible physical and psychological damage to an alcoholic who needs help just to satisfy her sick dreams of power. They had been tempering her character over the last year or so, but now she's worse than ever.

Again, I don't get it, but with the show only on a couple of more weeks, I guess at this point it doesn't matter.

It's funny that you sound like you didn't like last night's show. I thought it was one of the best this season.  I absolutely loved watching them in london. And it was so great to see christina and geo (sp?).

You read correctly. I didn't like it much.

I wasn't too keen on the whole AA ruse the writers came up for Wilhelmina either  -Yes, she's supposed to be ruthless, but the writers could have chosen a less "personal" way.  It actually made me uncomfortable.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »

Looks like I'll be taking Friday and Saturday off if nothing comes in the mail tomorrow that requires immediate attention. If that's the case, I'll watch RIDE WITH THE DEVIL on Sunday (I've never seen it). This is the (very long) director's cut which runs almost 2 1/2 hours.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »

Now I guess I'll close up shop in the office and head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »

For those DRs who are fans of "The Amazing Race", you may want to check out their Online Trivia Contest:

The Amazing Race Trivia Challenge

It's kind of fun, and you could win $7,000.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »

Good for you. 

Me?  Sushi = :P

Well, I seem to remember a time you enjoyed it when the filler was raw Missionary or Fur Trapper.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »

Listening to the new Kritzerland master - it sounds really good now, although there's still a little editing work to be done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »

Also watched an excellent motion picture on Blu and Ray.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »

Very full from a wonderful supper at Genghis Cohen.

George

« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »

I've never heard of Green & Black's.  What are they (he asked without bothering to look it up himself on the inner-web ;))?

DR George - Green & Black's

Thanks, Jose!  They look really good!  And according to their website, the local Fred Meyer has them.  I guess I'll check it out. :D

You're welcome, George.  Green & Black's is definitely "premium" chocolate. It's meant for nibbling, rather than snacking and devouring.

Well, I couldn't find them at Fred Meyer.  But I did get the package you sent!  Thank you so much!! :-* :-* :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »

George,

I hear your sister graduated from Home Depot's Advanced Home Repairs Course and has received her IKEA Master Assemblers Certificate - all to honor the day.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:33:44 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »

Well, I couldn't find them at Fred Meyer.  But I did get the package you sent!  Thank you so much!! :-* :-* :-*

Sometimes they get put with the "baking chocolate". Does Fred Meyer have a "gourmet" aisle? They could be there. Or maybe they're just not available at your Fred Meyer.

And... You're Welcome!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »

And...

It's late...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »

Sometimes they get put with the "baking chocolate". Does Fred Meyer have a "gourmet" aisle? They could be there. Or maybe they're just not available at your Fred Meyer.

And... You're Welcome!

I didn't think about the gourmet aisle...or the baking section.  I'll try that later. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up