Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LORD OF THE TRANSFERS  (Read 13031 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LORD OF THE TRANSFERS
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

JohnG, I love all good tunes and there are a huge number of them I'd love to still record.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - third day in a row to sleep this late, but tomorrow I'll be up at five in the morning, although that will take some serious inner clock resetting.  I don't really have a good alarm, so I'll just the iPhone, I guess.

HINT: Set multiple alarms and place your iPhone on the other side of the room so that you have to get out of bed to turn it off.  -And that "Alarm" alarm sound, I've found, is the most annoying, and, thus, successful. ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:55:25 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »

The audience will be pleased.

Will the show be reviewed in the local press?

I actually think it will be reviewed. Although, with the current state of Arts coverage in the "paper of record" here in Richmond, that really doesn't mean much anymore. :-\  -The weekly's will most likely be reviewing it to, but since they're a weekly, the review won't come out until after the run is completed.  However, apparently, tickets sales have been good, and it's also a small house, so that helps. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

Ah yes....a sell out is a sell out - no matter what the size of the house!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »

And it's not small - it's intimate!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »

DR JRand59, any reviews for "The Brain From . . . " yet?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »

Well... Even though the show is not until 8:00 tonight - and even though I don't have to be there until 7:00 - I believe I'm going to get ready to head to the theatre. I have a few errands to run, as well as a late lunch to forage for.  I also just want to get a little more time on the piano since it's recently been "resuscitated", and I still need to "feel" a few things out.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »

My problem with LOTR: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS was that I'd never read the books.

So, watching the theatrical release, I was a bit confused  for the first half hour or so, because I didn't really understand who the hell these characters were and what kind of world they were in.  [I'm not big on fantasy worlds anyway.]

I later saw the extended version which, for me, made everything much more clear.

I don't usually like extended versions because they, almost always, reinstate footage that was best left on the cutting room floor (e.g. RIDE WITH THE DEVIL, the 2nd two LOTR movies).  This first film in the trilogy is an exception.

Interesting, I never thought one would be confused it they hadn't read the books.  I think you missed something special having not read them. 

Jane

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »

I unfortunately will not be able to journey to Olympia as I have gigs all that weekend.  If a certain piece of paper were to come back to me fairly soon, I might be able to talk about another opportunity for a NW HHW get-together.  Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say n'more.  ;)

I hope you have good news for us soon-VIBES FOR WHATEVER IT IS!!

Jane

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »

DR JMK did you bank all the money you stole from the senior citizens to buy your new house? 

;D

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »

The actual seniors who were in my group stormed the Executive Director's office yesterday to complain.  She's denying she ever made the allegation.  Unfortunately for her, I saved the emails.  :)

Do you think you will return for the senior citizens?

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »

DR Jose, I was keeping track ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »

The actual seniors who were in my group stormed the Executive Director's office yesterday to complain.  She's denying she ever made the allegation.  Unfortunately for her, I saved the emails.  :)

Do you think you will return for the senior citizens?

Most of these places I play for privately already, and one has already asked me to just bring the seniors and they'll pay me.  That's how completely the Senior Center has shot itself in the foot--we were their touring ambassadors, so to speak, for all their programs, and now I'll be an ambassador for my private checkbook, LOL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »

Today is National Bookmobile Day

I listened to a library book while driving in my car today. Does that count?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »

JohnG, I love all good tunes and there are a huge number of them I'd love to still record.
Very diplomatically put. Thank you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »

JMK, glad it worked out best for you & the seniors are happy they get to keep you. :)

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »

Bruce, SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:41 AM »

I just returned from what I thought was going to be a wild goose pumpkin chase.  Because my book group is meeting here tomorrow evening and because the main character in our book often eats pumpkin, I'd decided to make pumpkin pie for our refreshments.  There was no canned pumpkin to be found at Kroger on Monday and they told me they can't even order it.  So, today I went out with 3 other stores on my itinerary.  I did find it at the first store and, after checking the "use by" dates, bought enough to make 2 pies tomorrow and some later in the year.  Has anyone else heard about a shortage of canned pumpkin?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

BK, perhaps we could go for dinner before the play on the 7th?

I have not yet decided if I will drive up to Olympia and then drive back home to Salem that night, or if I will get a room and drive back the following morning. If I stay then we can also do breakfast, perhaps.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »

Today is National Bookmobile Day

I listened to a library book while driving in my car today. Does that count?

Sure!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »

I just returned from what I thought was going to be a wild goose pumpkin chase.  Because my book group is meeting here tomorrow evening and because the main character in our book often eats pumpkin, I'd decided to make pumpkin pie for our refreshments.  There was no canned pumpkin to be found at Kroger on Monday and they told me they can't even order it.  So, today I went out with 3 other stores on my itinerary.  I did find it at the first store and, after checking the "use by" dates, bought enough to make 2 pies tomorrow and some later in the year.  Has anyone else heard about a shortage of canned pumpkin?

A Facebook friend in Chicago complained about it.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »

My problem with LOTR: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS was that I'd never read the books.

So, watching the theatrical release, I was a bit confused  for the first half hour or so, because I didn't really understand who the hell these characters were and what kind of world they were in.  [I'm not big on fantasy worlds anyway.]

I later saw the extended version which, for me, made everything much more clear.

I don't usually like extended versions because they, almost always, reinstate footage that was best left on the cutting room floor (e.g. RIDE WITH THE DEVIL, the 2nd two LOTR movies).  This first film in the trilogy is an exception.

Interesting, I never thought one would be confused it they hadn't read the books.  I think you missed something special having not read them. 

Maybe, but as I said, I've never been a big fan of fantasy worlds.  If it wasn't a musical, I probably wouldn't even like THE WIZARD OF OZ.

Of course, if you've read my book, then you'd know that, according to Harry Pennypacker, Oz was not a fantasy world after all.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »

I notice that it's available only during fall/winter over the holidays. But since I started cooking my own, I never but the cans anymore. I roast enough for the year -- drenched in butter, of course -- and then just pop it in the freezer in 2 cup baggies (I'm AR about that, but most of my recipes call for 2 cups). It keeps all year. Not that that helps now when there's none left to buy, but ...
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »

I just put pumpkin on the shopping list. 

John G.

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2010, 11:47:02 AM »

Maybe, but as I said, I've never been a big fan of fantasy worlds.  If it wasn't a musical, I probably wouldn't even like THE WIZARD OF OZ.

Of course, if you've read my book, then you'd know that, according to Harry Pennypacker, Oz was not a fantasy world after all.

::)
I'm not much of a fantasty world fan, either (except for musicals). And I didn't like the books when I was a teenager, but I found the movies enjoyable enough. I will have to admit that I saw all of them on DVD and in a party setting where plenty of drinks were being poured. that makes quite a lot bearable.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »

We keep canned pumpkin handy for the pets as it is good for stomach problems.  I thought we had a can & discovered Keith purchased pumpkin pie mix instead of plain pumpkin.  In season I prefer baking with squash for pie pumpkins.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2010, 11:51:29 AM »

From Cilla:
I'll put up big signs that say "PLEASE DON'T LET THE CATS OUT!

From personal experience, I suggest you include "do not open the door" for those rooms you want kept closed.  Even nice, considerate people don't realize how easily a cat can escape.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:19:36 PM by Jane »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »

Probably bad form to pop in here just to promote, but I've been doing something unusual some might like to see: RIPFest is a festival of hastily and cheaply made short films, half of which are musicals.  Since Saturday, I've been writing screenplay and lyrics; we pre-record songs tomorrow, shoot over the weekend, and it'll be screened for the public a week from Monday.  Here's the detes:

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 7:00pm

Anthology Film Archive, 32 2nd Av. (2nd St.) NYC
Screenings at 7pm, 8:15 and 9:30pm
Tickets available now at www.smarttix.com - search for the event "RIPFEST"
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »

I've been listening to the cast recording of AMERICAN IDIOT and I enjoyed it a lot! (it's currently available for a free listen at MTV.com --warning--it's not for everyone's taste...)

I'm a little bit disappointed that they stuck so slavishly to the original arrangements from the album and I'm finding that the lead female doesn't pack enough of a punch to be able to deliver her songs that were written for male voices.  But these are minor complaints.  I'm a big fan of Green Day and I'm hoping that the show does well.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

Hi Noel.  It is nice to see you & hear what you have been up to.  Stop in after & let us know how it went.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up