Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. SANDMAN  (Read 13531 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MR. SANDMAN
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

Watching a motion picture on Blu and Ray.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »

Then I watched tonight's LOST. Superbly involving episode, loved every minute of it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »

I enjoyed GLEE this evening....many new developments and some pretty good musical numbers.

SPARTACUS.....whew!  Well I thought it might end this way.....but it was still a lot to take in....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »

DR MATTH - I hear you.  I hate to sit down at the computer and the modem is not blinking as it should be.....

For me, I get really scared because I needed to upload this review since CRAZY HEART came out today (and I just got it today). It's very frustrating. And I never know WHY it goes out. Only happens a couple of times a year, but it always freaks me out when it does this.

Ben

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

Ben thankyou for posting that link- have you been to seen the show yet?

Hey, Deb,

I forgot which link I posted. It's been a long day. I had to go back and check. Yes, I've seen the show (twice, both on discount tickets). There is a lot to like about it and some quite wonderful things but I don't love it the way I wanted to love it. Sometimes the video gets in the way, even though the video is of Sondheim himself speaking about his work. I love Tom Wopat and think he's sexy as all get out but he's not a natural fit for Sondheim and his Sweeny bit doesn't quite work for me. I do think it's worth seeing, especially if you're a Sondhead, like me, but it's not perfect (not that I expected it to be).

La Cage is worth seeing also, mainly for Mr. Hodge's performance. I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Grammer. I was very, very leery of seeing it when I heard this bit of stunt casting but he does a very good job. He had a few pitch problems the night I saw it but overall he pulled it off. That being said, I can't imagine him playing Albin. If the show runs 6 months and Hodge goes back to London and KG does take over, well, as Jose said, it will be a completely different show and I don't know if I mean that in a good way.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »

Continued PAIN-BE-GONE VIBES to MATTH, TCB, JANE, VIXMOM, and anyone else in need.
Thank you, DR Jeanne. Though there is still soreness there, I'm happy to say I have been in much less pain today. As always, it takes three or four days for this to work its way out of my lower back.

It's good that you can see a pattern to it, and, in your case, that the end of it is near.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »

I enjoyed GLEE this evening....many new developments and some pretty good musical numbers.

SPARTACUS.....whew!  Well I thought it might end this way.....but it was still a lot to take in....

SPARTACUS - each of the last few episodes was more and more a bloodbath, and the season finale was REALLY over the top. Gag!

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:13 PM »

Then I watched GLEE and enjoyed it.

I especially loved the three couple counterpoint to "Like a Virgin" and Kurt and Mercedes' song with the Cheerios.

Of course, IDOL ran over, so I didn't get to see the sing off in the parking lot. I could KILL the producers of IDOL.

From now on, I'll watch GLEE "live" and then watch LOST afterwards.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »

Now I shall spend some quality time with a DVD.

TTFN.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

Way, way, way past my bedtime, so I'm turning stuff off and heading downstairs.

Good night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

The senior situation is still evolving.  It turns out I was stabbed in the back by someone I never would have guessed, but it's all becoming too sadly clear.  I'll guide them through the next few weeks privately and then let the senior center deal with the person who thinks he knows how it should be done.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2010, 11:40:33 PM »

JMK - Not really meaning this as funny even though it sounds a little silly - but does that mean you were stabbed in the back behind your back?

Or does "stabbed in the back" already carry the implication that it was behind your back?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up