Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SIGNS WITH PRICES  (Read 42835 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SIGNS WITH PRICES
« on: April 22, 2004, 12:00:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've sung along with Mitch, you've put on your pointy party hats and colored tights and pantaloons, and now you are ready to post until the cows come home.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 12:01:10 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SIGNS WITH PRICES
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:07:42 AM »

Someone was posting at exactly midnight.  Supposed to wait until the new thread is up.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 12:08:02 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEDISH CHEF SANDRA!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [/move]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 12:13:34 AM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  Join us why don't you?  If you missed the Sweeney Todd posts from yesterday, do catch up.  I love Sweeney Todd - it's all about revenge, you know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 12:15:12 AM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 12:20:02 AM »

Dang it, you've still got me thinking of Sweeney Todd and it's mixing in with the Disney songs...

Hi diddley dee, a barber's life for me!
You take a blade and a leather strop
A single stroke and his beard you crop
Another swipe and his head...Ker-plop!
Hi diddley dee, a barber's life for me!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 12:22:49 AM »

Excellent.  

If only I could get rid of my sore neck.  And let me just say one more time: AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!

Jed

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 12:24:49 AM »

Oh, how I love a good What If!!!  Thanks to both BK and SWW for the smiles just now.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 12:28:20 AM »

I've been looking at the old Column A stuff for various reasons and I found the two I did today - I didn't even remember them at all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 12:32:06 AM »

Going once

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 12:32:22 AM »

Going twice

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 12:32:31 AM »

Going to bed.

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 01:34:40 AM »

Happy Birthday Sandra. To celebrate you could give us all more tall tales and true from the wonderful world of academia!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 01:45:48 AM »

Favourite Disney Songs:
"Someone's Waiting For You" - The Rescuers (Shelby Flint's delightful voice).
"Bella Notté" and "The Siamese Cat Song" from "Lady & The Tramp". I rather like Barbara Cook's version of "When You See An Elephant Fly" from "Dumbo" too.
There are so many but I shall leave them all to my fellow posters.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 02:38:15 AM »

I've just been catching up on yesterday's posts. Special thanks to DR Jay for explaining about the two hours. DR Ron, I did indeed mention the first hour difference which happened a few weeks before the second. Well remembered.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 04:29:21 AM »

Tom I also like: Someone's Waiting For You"

I'll add

Baby Mine (Dumbo)
Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)
Love Is a Song (Bambi)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 04:30:43 AM »

Favourite Disney Songs:
"Someone's Waiting For You" - The Rescuers (Shelby Flint's delightful voice).
"Bella Notté" and "The Siamese Cat Song" from "Lady & The Tramp". I rather like Barbara Cook's version of "When You See An Elephant's Fly" from "Dumbo" too.
There are so many but I shall leave them all to my fellow posters.

When I See a Elephant's Fly??? I didn't know they wore pants!!!
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »

Good morning, all!  First a belated birthday greeting to Keith; I had to finish another Mickey-Judy song last night, have dinner with friends, I got caught up in LAW AND ORDER and never got back to HHW to leave the birthday wishes.   Wow 253 posts! Quite a frenzied evening; it was 219 when I went to bed (I just checked), but  even when I stopped checking around 7:00 EST, I knew it was going to be a high count.  So, since I was inept at wishing Keith birthday felicitations on time, which I should have done earlier in the day, I'll say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDAR!!!! now.

Dear Friend BK, don't get writer's cramp or tendonitis to accompany your neck problem from all the signs you're making for the book fair.  I hope it's a great success for you.  Take pictures.  You could have posted more after the reading.  Two were not enough.

TOD:  Disney songs

1.  The Second Star To the Right:  alltime fave
2.  Never Smile At a Crocodile
3.  The March of the Cards
4.  Under the Sea
5.  I've Got No Strings
6.  One Song
7.  When You Wish Upon a Star
8.  Heigh-Ho
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 04:33:42 AM »

Happy Birthday, Sandra!!!!  Is there anything more embarassing than getting a name wrong?  Call me Omarosa.  Only she wouldn't be embarassed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 04:40:32 AM »

Shame Michael Shayne! Altering other people's posts to get yourself a funny quote.! OK It worked. I am smiling. And No DRs. I did not alter my post as you can see by the lack of edit!
Good to know someone else likes the Shelby Flint song too Michael.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 05:07:35 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEDISH CHEF SANDRA!

BK, LOVE the songs in the Notes this morning, especially Audition.

TCB as I remember, Legacy is part of Donald's radio show this week. It's about musicals that were first plays. On the 20th Century was a play, 20th Century, first. If you haven't already, listen to the show. It's a lot of fun and you get to hear John Cullum do Legacy.

Dumbo, Pinocchio and Beauty and  the Beast are my favorite Disney animated films so any song from any of those would rank as a favorite. I think Baby Mine (already mentioned by DR Michael) is one of my all time favorites. It can bring the tears.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 05:40:06 AM »

Ah, BK and DR SWW, you're both excellant spoof-ists after my own heart!  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIBES FOR SANDRA![/move]

Favorite Disney Tunes:
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
"When You Wish Upon a Star"
"I Wan'na Be Like You"
"Bella Notte"
"Little April Shower"
"Baby Mine"
"Cruella de Vil"

And if I can mention one song from a non-animated film:  "Monkey's Uncle"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

William E. Lurie

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2004, 06:34:55 AM »

BK - From what I have read about the new show with Frank Langella you can sell him your sign about toenail clippings.

Favorite Disney Songs - animated films: "The Siamese Cat Song" ; live/animated mixed films: "Zippety Doo Dah"; live action films: "Let's Get Together Yah Yah Yah"; television: "The Ballad of Davy Crocket"; Eisner Era: "The Circle of Life"

Can someone explain why usually there are 30 messages per page at this here site, but occasionally only 29?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2004, 06:50:59 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT * * *[/move]

I don't want to be an alarmist (well, actually, I do--but that's a story for another day), but there have been warnings all week about possible disruptions in internet traffic beginning today due to TCP-related reset attacks by hackers.  That's right, TCP, the evil twin brother of our own TCB, has evidently hatched a dastardly plot to bring the internet to its knees.  So if you should have problems accessing your favorite web site during the next few days (and there really should be only one favorite web site), you'll know on whom to place the blame.

DR WEL, there are always 30 posts per page, but the first one posted by BK is #0.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2004, 07:10:44 AM »

Okay here are my thoughts on last night's Ameican Idol.

What was America thinking?  I was not happy to see Jennifer Hudson go.  And I was shocked to see LaToya, Fantasia, and Jennifer as the bottom three.

But it was great tv, how they did it.  Having poor George sit there alone.  Then have him go stand with the highest group.  And then he went to the diva group.  And Ryan Seacrest said he was with the wrong group.

You know when I saw the groupings I had a bad feeling that the divas would be the lowest group.

I don't think it's racist at all.  I just think that the 3 divas probably have the same people voting for them.  And definitely people thought those girls were safe.

Interesting how Ryan said that Jennifer had the highest votes one week (must have been one of the last 3 weeks).

Totally crazy.  I think I can understand why the producer was so upset.

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2004, 07:12:55 AM »

Little April Showers from BAMBI

The Siamese Cat Song from LADY AND THE TRAMP

Happy, happy B'day DR Sandra!!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2004, 08:07:43 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Sandra!

Favorite Disney songs:

"With a Smile and a Song"
"In a World of My Own"
"Second Star to the Right"
"Under the Sea"
"Beauty and the Beast"
"Can You Feel the Love Tonght"
"Out There"

And so many more it's embarrassing to list them all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2004, 08:12:58 AM »

I think it's perfectly stupid to cry racism because the three divas were in the bottom three. They have also been among the top vote getters, too, so it was obviously a coincidence that they just happened not to get the vote totals of the others. Ryan mentioned the vote was close, but I'm not sure if he meant simply between Fantasia and Jennifer or if he meant among all the contestants.

And may I say I told you so about LaToya. She does have a silky voice, but she has made some of the dullest and most unappealing song choices to show off that voice. This was her second visit to the bottom three, and it's not because of her voice but because her song choices just haven't been that interesting.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2004, 08:25:47 AM »

Good morning.  First Mr. Gas Man knocked on my door at seven twenty-two so I could let him in the back to read the meter.  Then the singing bird decided to do its cabaret act this morning, and sang the entire score to both Wild Party musicals, and if you think you can sleep through that, think again.  

Last night I dreamed I was at Manderley.

In my dream (which I probably dreamed because of all the dream posts) Blake Edwards called me and said we'd be meeting at the Bo-Kay Theater to see a really good double bill of two older movies.  I did some research and found out the Bo-Kay Theater was in Watts and I called Blake and told him.  Then I was suddenly at Blake's house chatting with him and Julie.  I told Julie I'd just seen her new movie.  She said she hadn't made a new movie.  Then it turned out that the double bill wasn't at the Bo-Kay it was at some theater in downtown LA, next to a Metrorail stop.  I suddenly was down there checking it out, but it still looked dangerous.  I peeked in and they were showing that Richard Thomas James Dean movie from the seventies.  

That is what I remember.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2004, 08:26:10 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR SANDRA!!  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up