Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT MARCOVICCI MAGIC  (Read 13428 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THAT MARCOVICCI MAGIC
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 12:23:08 PM »

Will we never get to page three?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »

Will we never get to page four?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »

Awaiting the brother.

Have a nice visit. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

DR JMK congratulations on the move and the successful de-cluttering!

I hope Frances is enjoying her new environment.

Frances is largely confined to the closet so far (let the jokes begin).  I'll be moving the artwork/posters over later and will hang them then.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 02:04:18 PM »

I'm up and about to go to work.  Instead of Marcovicci Magic, for me it's Streisand Magic, as I must, must, must (that is three musts) get my review of the Village Vanguard concert up today.  Was it JohnG who was in the waiting line?  I paused at that moment to try to remember, but alas, I have been through too much the last few days and my brain is fried.

Congratulations on accomplishing your move.

I've never understood this constant I've-got-a-review-deadline from you and DR Matt H, because I know too many reviewers in NYC who let the discs pile up as possessions and review maybe one of out, what?, fifty, or often let them pile up for months and review a batch at once.

I can't speak for MattH, other than to say I believe it was his personal and professional integrity to want to review.   As for me, I am contractually bound to deliver at least 20 reviews a month, so I must stay on schedule.  Unlike either HTF or DVDTalk (the two other sites I "worked" for), I'm an actual, bona fide employee of Blu-ray.com and so must do what I promise.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »

Congrats to DR GEORGE & Co.....on their successful BRAINEX NORTHWEST run!

Thanks, JRand!  It was grand!

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »

DR George - Hope you slept well, and had/have/are having a lazy morning.

Thanks, Jose!  I did and I did/am!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »

I'm glad that DR George had a good run with "Brain".  :-)

Thanks, Danise!

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »

Today was my niece Jadyn's first birthday party.  I am tired.  The lunch was at a chinese buffet. Only problem is I did not eat enough. And i was hungry when i got home!

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »

Luckily they moved the Canadiens hockey playoff game till tonight. Otherwise i think there would have been a lot of people there unhappy!

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »

Me I am more interested in the SURVIVOR finale. I really have no idea who will win.

I'm not even totally sure who i want to win.  I'd be curious who those who watch want to win.

It's interesting to me because last season i hated russell for the first half of the season. And then ended up loving him. But i am not liking his this year and want him out.

And Colby who i loved loved loved when he was on originally has been extremely disappointing to me this year.  I can't believe that someone who was so physically dominant on season 2 could be the first out in every challenge now. It's quite unbelievable.

Then there is Jerri who was always bitchy. But now she is sort of honest and genuine.

Then we have Parvati who has never really been my favorite. But she is strong in comps and has really done amazing this season.

But most surprising to me is Sandra, who i disliked in her year and who i did not like at all for the first half of this season. Now i love her. I think she is sly, sneaky and hilarious and i actually would not mind at all if she won again.

KevinH

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »

I'm up and about to go to work.  Instead of Marcovicci Magic, for me it's Streisand Magic, as I must, must, must (that is three musts) get my review of the Village Vanguard concert up today.  Was it JohnG who was in the waiting line?  I paused at that moment to try to remember, but alas, I have been through too much the last few days and my brain is fried.
[/quote

JMK--I'm the one in the DVD, in the very beginning, a couple of people to the right of my friend with the banner.  Like fools, we were out there for hours, and Richard Jay Alexander, the producer, came out during the show and told us that Barbra was going to say hello to the fans after the show.  Well, that never happened, but I have to say that it had started to rain a little and the crowd had gotten pretty big. I think she was scared!

KevinH

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2010, 04:09:12 PM »

How did my message end up inside JMK's quote (in the previous post)?  I'll never get the hang of this!

KevinH

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »

DR elmore--sorry to hear about your friend.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »

How did my message end up inside JMK's quote (in the previous post)?  I'll never get the hang of this!

You can click on modify and to fix it.  Just move your comments down under the bottom/last [/quote].

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »

Just finished watching THE CAPTIVE CITY.

I haven't seen it in well over 50 years and it's amazing how well it holds up.  Very low key.

The folks in Hollywood should study this one if they want to know how to make am excellent thriller without all that cgi car chase crap.

Thanks, Michael Barnum.
You can dream…or you can do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »

There are two apartment buildings in the complex where I live.  When I came home from the store this afternoon, I saw that there was someone new moving into the other building.  When he first turned around, I thought for sure that it was Josh Groban.

Of course, that is ridiculous; because if Josh was living in these apartments, he would definitely be living with me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »

DR Ginny, I'm on page 148 and am visiting Molly until I get a page update from you. :)

Jane

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »

LOL DR TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »

Yesterday, when I felt like crap, it was sunny and nearly 75 degrees.  Today, when I am on the mend, it is overcast and down into the 60's.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from beautiful Aurora, IL!  Twelve hours after we left home, we've arrived in our 2-night home away from home.  Coming to the western 'burbs of Chicago by way of Lima is not exactly the direct route, but we made it.  There is a wetland right outside our window and I'm hearing the frogs and birds as I type.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »

DR Jane - Nell, Lydia, and Cate have accompanied me on this trip and I have about 50 pages to catch up with you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »

Am I really reading this right - page three???  This will NOT do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:40 PM »

Having a nice visit.

Laura

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »

I don't have anything to say, except that we are waiting for my brother-in-law to call to say they are in town; we are all going out for dinner.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2010, 05:17:37 PM »

Since this morning, I've watched three episodes of "The Big Bang Theory," two episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and this past Friday's "Ghost Whisperer" and "Medium."  I'm now going to watch the last four, count 'em FOUR episodes of "FlashForward" (even though it's being cancelled :().  That'll take me up to tonight's "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers & Sisters."

George

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

I've also eaten, taken a shower and have gotten dressed. :)

George

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »

...and read the reviews for BK's book!

Vibes to DR WFO and Joe....such shocking news.

I must agree with everyone's comments on MR BK's biography....and I said so in my Amazon review.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2191HGK5VLY6C/ref=cm_cr_dp_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

;D

Very nice!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »

DR Jane - Nell, Lydia, and Cate have accompanied me on this trip and I have about 50 pages to catch up with you!

I'll wait for you.  I've been learning more about the "girls", still don't know much about Nell yet.  I have issues with Lydia's reasons for leaving her husband. 

Jane

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »

I don't have anything to say, except that we are waiting for my brother-in-law to call to say they are in town; we are all going out for dinner.

Have a nice time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up