Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SPARKLE AND FIZZ  (Read 71354 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:SPARKLE AND FIZZ
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2004, 10:41:21 AM »

Just got back from seeing CONNIE AND CARLA with my goddaughter.  I laughed a lot.  I've got one last Mickey-Judy number to work on today; their first pops concert in San Diego, I believe, is in July, if any DRS on the West Coast are interested.

DR George, I haven't figured out your poem, since I gave up Latin in 1968, and I have no vocabulary and grammar left.  I did once read WINNIE ILLE PU and ALICIA PER SPECULUM and ALICIA IN TERRA MIRA, which were published in beautiful editions, but I only sing a few Christmas songs in Latin at request, and most requests these days are to not sing them.

DR Jay, what was your opera du jour yesterday?  I can't think of a single operatic toilet joke to make.  Dammit!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2004, 10:44:19 AM »

;D :o ::) :P :-* :) ;D ;) ::) :-* 8) ;D :) ;) :D ;D[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Did it dance?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2004, 10:45:06 AM »

I'm a DUD!!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2004, 10:53:59 AM »

Elmore, this is what you typed:

;D :o ::) :P :-* :) ;D ;) ::) :-* 8) ;D :) ;) :D ;D [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

You need to put your text (or in this case, the smilies) IN BETWEEN the [ ]brackets[/ ]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2004, 10:54:51 AM »

So, what it should look like is:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D :o ::) :P :-* :) ;D ;) ::) :-* 8) ;D :) ;) :D ;D[/move]

If you quote my message, you can see the code and how it's supposed to be done!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2004, 10:57:56 AM »

DearReaderLaura, I just love your daily pictures even if I don’t comment on them.  They brighten my day. :D

Bruce I enjoyed the pictures and details from the fair and look forward to more.  
Good Vibes people get off the beaten path today.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2004, 11:03:55 AM »

Der Brucer has been fascinated by the birds that are showing up in our area.  He's even set out bread, seeds, and other birdie munchies to attract them.  (Obviously, birds aren't on the Atkins plan.)

This has led to some conversations about the various noises that different birds make.  "Don't worry," he told me, "If there are any bluejays in the area, you'll hear them.  They can be quite raucus."  Then, after a moments thought, he added, "I'm not sure what kind of sound cardinals make."

I couldn't resist, and suggested "Dominus vobiscum?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2004, 11:06:08 AM »

...I've got one last Mickey-Judy number to work on today; their first pops concert in San Diego, I believe, is in July, if any DRS on the West Coast are interested...
Somehow, I don't think you mean Mickey Spillane/Judy Carne.  Although that would make for an interesting combination, too.   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2004, 11:11:10 AM »

So, what it should look like is:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D :o ::) :P :-* :) ;D ;) ::) :-* 8) ;D :) ;) :D ;D[/move]

If you quote my message, you can see the code and how it's supposed to be done!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move] :) ;) :D ;D ::) :-* :) ;) :D ;D >:(

Well, I don't know . . .

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2004, 11:13:17 AM »

DR George, I still don't know!  I'll keep trying.  I think the problem, besides terminal stupidity, is figuring out how to get the smilies into the brackets.  I can slay a dragon, I can read Greek, easy.  THIS IS NOT EASY IF YOU'RE A MORON!!!!

George

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2004, 11:28:55 AM »

Elmore, it does take getting used to!  What you can also do is put all your smilies (or whatever text you want to move) in the "message" box, use your cursor to highlight it, THEN click the "marquee" box to move them.

The text/smilies will then appear in the middle of the two "[move...]  [/move]" brackets.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2004, 11:44:43 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move] :) ;) :D ;D :o ::) :-* :) ;) :D ;D :o ::) :-*[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2004, 11:44:44 AM »

Friends of Gord's recently returned from New York. They're a couple in their forties, well educated with high-powered jobs, big earners, two kids, nanny, etc. I asked what plays they had seen, and they looked bewildered. So what had they done? Shopped in Soho, eaten at celebrity restaurants, and gone to bars.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2004, 11:45:09 AM »

It lives!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2004, 11:46:27 AM »

Friends of Gord's recently returned from New York. They're a couple in their forties, well educated with high-powered jobs, big earners, two kids, nanny, etc. I asked what plays they had seen, and they looked bewildered. So what had they done? Shopped in Soho, eaten at celebrity restaurants, and gone to bars.

Well, as Dorothy Parker once said, you can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.

DR George, I love you!

George

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2004, 12:01:51 PM »

Anytime, Elmore!

Jed

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2004, 01:00:02 PM »

Trying to figure out George's Latin... something about a sailor?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2004, 01:08:39 PM »

Ha!  Just figured it out, George!  And now I know the Latin word for "spinach" :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2004, 01:32:52 PM »

WHERE in tarnation is everyone???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2004, 01:34:44 PM »

Ahh, Jed, do you think your clew about the Latin might have been just a bit too subtle?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2004, 01:39:27 PM »

The day, here in the Pacific Northwest, is nearly perfect.  The sun is shining, the skies are blue, it is about seventy degrees, and there are lots and lots of half-naked young people going by my house on the way to Point Defiance Park.
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2004, 01:48:28 PM »

TCB, you've inspired me... I'm headed out into this nearly perfect Pacific Northwest day in search of half-naked young people.  (Well, not too young... I have no desire to lose my teaching certificate!)

Subtle?  I don't know from subtle.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2004, 01:48:57 PM »

Still working my way through LA DOLCE VITA. I'm about 100 minutes in. Amazing that this was considered raunchy back in the day.

As promised, here's the gorgeous George Eads. No particular reason for posting this except it came up on my CSI calendar the other day, and I know there are a couple of other fans of his here at HHW.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2004, 02:04:33 PM »

Ha!  Just figured it out, George!  And now I know the Latin word for "spinach" :D

You're right, Jed!  If I had a prize to give, I'd give it!

Tomovoz

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2004, 02:07:13 PM »

Mon ami François will no doubt appreciate your welcomes but he will not be here until Wednesday (your time) so will probably miss them. He works (Paris time), Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and only has computer access at that time. He has been READING HHW all the time he has been absent from posting. I was going to write that in Latin but it's all Greek to me.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2004, 02:11:59 PM »

DR Laura, THAT looks like the sunflower that ate Bette Midler!  ::)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079826/posters

I do hope that sunflower was given a standing ovation and some national recognition.

I would add my photos Laura but I don't have a digital camera. Appreciate your photos but can't compete! Will try and do something about posting more OZ photos soon.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2004, 02:26:16 PM »

DR MattH, thanks for the pic of Mr. Eads....always a welcome sight!

TCB, clean the slobber off of your front window.

Michael

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2004, 02:30:29 PM »

Only 57 posts!! Where is everyone!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2004, 02:31:53 PM »

Okay I'll throw somethings out there!  What Musicals should not have been awarded the Best Musical of the year or should have even been nominated???

And if so who should have won???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 02:34:00 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2004, 02:35:59 PM »

I'll start

1960: The Sound of Music and Fiorello!
Should have won Gypsy!  
When was the last time Fiorello! had a major revival any where????
Comparing Gypsy to TSOM. as much as I like the latter. Gypsy is the superior musical.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up