Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: POETIC LICENSE  (Read 14479 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: POETIC LICENSE
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 01:02:37 PM »

Ta and Da.

Page 3!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »

Only 28 more posts to go until we can turn to page 4.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »

Only 28 more posts to go until we can turn to page 4.

Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »

"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »

The work session for the long musical was terminated thirty minutes early when one of the collaborators went to a land I don't like and a blow up occurred.  Where we go from here is anyone's guess.  And I really don't care.  We'll see if we can come to a meeting of the minds so that this never happens again, but I'm not sure if that sort of promise is possible to make.

td

• td
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

I have been to a doctor's office and had a carbuncle removed.  Unfortunately, that carbuncle was in a very sensitive area, and now that the local anesthetic has worn off, I know that I will not be wearing pants for a while. . .

Ow-w-e-e!    :D

You certainly didn't have to modify on my account.  My own modesty would have prevented me from answering without my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »

I'm wishing I could sit comfortably for more than ten minutes at a time. . . .

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »

A month ago I asked to have no mention of my name connected to the new recording of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40, and Tommy Krasker asked me to reconsider. I gave him all the reasons I did not want any acknowledgement and I thought it was settled peer my request, but out of the blue I received 3 copies of the CD from PS Classics today. On the front cover? "Conducted by Aaron Gandy" and "Restored by Larry Moore." Two bits of inaccurate information, and I am not happy this has occurred. My stars and planets have been in pure hell snce September and I am getting sick of it.

DR Laura, my friend Loras Schissel is conducting the Phoenix symphony this weekend, Are you going?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:18:59 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

Sort of

They are tall & close in color, that's about it. :)  I enjoyed your photo, flowers are always nice.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

QUICK HEALING VIBES DR TD!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:37:09 PM by Jane »

td

• td
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »

BK, I  gotta tell you. . .I really enjoyed today's notes.  ;)

Laura

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »

How, exciting, Elmore. About your friend conducting the Phoenix Symphony. I am not cultured enough to attend the symphony, however.

Laura

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »

I hope you feel better soon, td.

Laura

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »

For Vixmom, in case she had a bad day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geVqgbXjQC8

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »

How, exciting, Elmore. About your friend conducting the Phoenix Symphony. I am not cultured enough to attend the symphony, however.

I suspect his concerts are geared to you and your ilk, DR Laura. I'm sure it will be a fun program.
http://www.phoenixsymphony.org/buytickets/calendar/view.aspx?id=3759
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »

And here's their page on my friend Loras:
http://www.phoenixsymphony.org/artists/24.aspx
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:08:05 PM by elmore3003 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »

T.O.D.

If one of us was coming to L. A. for just one day, where would you take them for their one L.A. dinner?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »

Oh, and BTW; I have a Backseat Poetic License.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »

Thought this was quite moving.

Yes, thank you, Druxy.  I was just about to post that photo myself.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »

We did another LONG scene in rehearsal last night....but now it is DONE!  A shorter rehearsal tonight....just a few pages - so many people had conflicts - and then a longer rehearsal tomorrow night.....

We lost our Irene Malloy in HELLO, DOLLY! - she hurt her back....so the new Irene is in.....and all the of the press releases and the website have to be fixed to reflect the change.....and it wasn't even the director who told me....it was the sound man - otherwise everything that went out early this morning would have been INCORRECT.

I am glad the director was not in charge of calling her a doctor.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

For Vixmom, in case she had a bad day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geVqgbXjQC8

Made my day, and aside from pouring hail, it has been a good one.  Even the hail was ok as I was inside by then.  While hiking I only had to deal with light hail.

FUNNY QUOTE!

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »

T.O.D.

If one of us was coming to L. A. for just one day, where would you take them for their one L.A. dinner?

Are you kidding?  Musso & Frank-right?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2010, 03:29:33 PM »

Roses are red,
Violets are yella
Without any make-up
You look like a fella.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »

I have been to a doctor's office and had a carbuncle removed.  Unfortunately, that carbuncle was in a very sensitive area, and now that the local anesthetic has worn off, I know that I will not be wearing pants for a while. . .

Ow-w-e-e!    :D

You certainly didn't have to modify on my account.  My own modesty would have prevented me from answering without my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.

That cheek?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »

Hello everyone--I'm back from NYC.  Thanks for the good wishes, DR Ginny, DR Jose and DR elmore ( I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!)

On Monday, my friends and I went to the Book Expo to wait in line for our tickets to the Barbra Streisand interview.   We were there about 3 hours.  As it turns out, there wasn't as long a line as they prepared for and we could have just shown up on Tuesday and picked up our tickets.

My friend has a "hobby" in which he takes pictures of scenes from Streisand movies and tries to take them from the same vantage point as in the movie.  On Monday we went to the old train depot in Jersey City, NJ.  He wanted to take photos of the "Don't Rain on My Parade" sequence from Funny Girl.

It wasn't easy getting there!  We first took the subway to Chambers Street (I think), then the PATH to NJ, then the lightrail and then about a half hour walk!   We found out about the ferry afterwards and took that back to Manhattan.

My friend was really thrilled--he managed to recreate several scenes (without actors!)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »

Jane, thank you for the kind words yesterday.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »

Hello everyone--I'm back from NYC.  Thanks for the good wishes, DR Ginny, DR Jose and DR elmore ( I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!)

On Monday, my friends and I went to the Book Expo to wait in line for our tickets to the Barbra Streisand interview.   We were there about 3 hours.  As it turns out, there wasn't as long a line as they prepared for and we could have just shown up on Tuesday and picked up our tickets.

My friend has a "hobby" in which he takes pictures of scenes from Streisand movies and tries to take them from the same vantage point as in the movie.  On Monday we went to the old train depot in Jersey City, NJ.  He wanted to take photos of the "Don't Rain on My Parade" sequence from Funny Girl.

It wasn't easy getting there!  We first took the subway to Chambers Street (I think), then the PATH to NJ, then the lightrail and then about a half hour walk!   We found out about the ferry afterwards and took that back to Manhattan.

My friend was really thrilled--he managed to recreate several scenes (without actors!)

Did you see Streisand?  Whoops, welcome home, KevenH!

Did you see Streisand?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »

You are welcome DR TCB.

Welcome home DR KevinH.

KevinH

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »

On Monday night I saw a show called "White's Lies."  Just as a review I read described it, it's like a situation comedy without the laugh track.  It was mildly amusing and had a great cast:   Peter Scolari, Tuc Watkins and Betty Buckley.

So the big interview was yesterday at 6 pm.   We got to the Javits Center at about 11 am and were in line (in two different areas) until 4 pm or so.   Then we got to sit down and wait!  

The interview was conducted by Gayle King.  Barbra's book is called "My Passion for Design."  It's about the houses she's designed over the last 15 or more years.   The fans had already heard a lot of the stories before but there were some new ones.   There was talk of color (she hates orange and yellow), mattresses (a queen size is too small , a king is too big, so Barbra has designed one that's in-between), contractors try to take advantage of her because she's wealthy (it's "reverse discrimination"), if a beam is off by 3/8 " she'll notice.   Gayle asked if she would name a favorite song--the reply was that that was a terrible question and she couldn't answer it because she "didn't want to offend the songs!"

Needless to say, there was no interaction with the audience.  The posters pointed out that there would be : "no photos, no recording devices, no autographs."

The interview lasted about an hour.   It was an interesting thing to do , but I'm not sure I would do it again (don't tell my fan-friends!).    Waiting all those hours, hearing the same stories (she had a water-bottle as a doll when she was child, she never had a couch until her mother remarried) ----and it was all over in an hour!

DR elmore and I tried to get together but it didn't work out.  I hope the next time I'm in the city, I'll be able to be part of a get-together with the New Yorkers!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up