Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COMING ATTRACTIONS  (Read 13867 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 06:20:42 AM »

Horror!  Shock!  Frenzy!!  Devastation!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 06:21:46 AM »

DR GEORGE here is Miss Martin in SUPPORT of Miss Funicello in THE HORSEMASTERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abekqjso47c

John Fraser's reaction at 1:52 probably matched that of most of the audience.  ;D

I recall interviewing Ms. Martin for my book on musicals. 

We talked about her appearance in the film version of STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF!

She gave me some good material.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »

Good morning, all! Another night of weird dreams: the house where I grew up was in London, in another, my brother Randy was about 4 or 5 and our brother - the evil Macbeth -  was being cruel to him; I remember picking him up off the pavement and taking him inside for mercurochrome and bandaids. I also had a very weird dream connected to this London one involving the need to wash dishes.

So, I've received this morning the proofs of seven numbers from one of my copyists, so I have them to proof, along with the ROSE OF ALGERIA scores. I may get as well the corrected scores from my other copyist as well.

Previews were one of my favorite parts of movie going as a kid; they were often more fun than the film I was there to see. I remember nothing about them now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 06:24:21 AM »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 06:24:48 AM »

I Loved Coming Attractions-Used To Call Them (when a tad of a Boy) COMING EXTRACTIONS.

Thought-

If They are available-Wouldn't it be great if someone(BK?) could put the most wonderful Coming Attractions on A DVD? I believe it would find a Huge audience(sell very well). Any Chance?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 06:26:03 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-0-Matic 6000 says that you view your home and childhood as being as distant from your life now as a foreign country - but there is still the need to protect your brother Randy from your other sibliing.

Washing dishes is also a symbol of wanting things cleaned up and stacked nicely and put away.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 06:32:34 AM »

DR ELMORE are you familiar with the song Yes, Yes performed by Andrew Payton Story Busher on the BEING JULIA soundtrack?

It's one of the most amazing orchestrations I have ever heard....terrific!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 06:35:38 AM »

I just sent you the WAV file, DR ELMORE....get ready to dance!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 06:35:55 AM »

TOD: I love the fact that many DVDs of classic films are including the trailer, so you can see how some of th ebest are made. I think I like any of the lurid trailers for film noir classics like "Out of the Past" best because of the overly dramatic music and the slashing titles that rip across the screen. The blacks seem blacker (more likely the trailers haven't been touched up or preserved as well as the films themselves), the tension seems to build in just a minute or two, and you really want to see the movie.

When I was growing up in Louisville, we had a great revival movie theater, the Vogue, about a mile from the house. About once each season, the theater would show 90 minutes or so of nothing but classic trailers, so you could see the best from Hollywood and abroad. Sometimes, they would book a few of the films, such as a "Reefer Madness," for a midnight showing. Or they used it to promote an upcoming festival of, say, Ingmar Bergman films. But mostly, it was a program of previews that made you appreciate the art of selling a film in a limited amount of time. They were fun evenings and often drew a good crowd.

On Labor Day, we have Drive-Invasion, where each night they show 3 B movies. In-between movies they show about a half hour of b movie trailers which make outlandish, hypey statements about their films. As someone who makes their living cutting trailers and promos, this is my favorite part of the night. They also have bands that play vintage rock and pop, and a classic car show, so it's a day and night affair. One year it was all Herschel Gordon Lewis films (TWO THOUSAND MANICS, BLOOD FEAST,etc.) and he was the guest of honor. Sometimes it's cheap, cheesy stuff like TRADER HORNEE, SPIDER BABY.

They haven't announced their line-up this year, but last year I was very sad to miss SHANTY TRAMP!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 06:36:09 AM »

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 06:39:13 AM »

Never mind the file was too big....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 06:40:43 AM »

At the Indiana BRAINEX we were treated to a plethora of Trailers before the show began....my favorites involved Flaming Mamie Van Doren....who knew she made so many movies?

Well they all seemed to be the SAME  movie, but they had different titles and co-stars!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-0-Matic 6000 says that you view your home and childhood as being as distant from your life now as a foreign country - but there is still the need to protect your brother Randy from your other sibliing.

Washing dishes is also a symbol of wanting things cleaned up and stacked nicely and put away.

Your observations are amazing! Payment is in the post.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 06:44:21 AM »

DR ELMORE are you familiar with the song Yes, Yes performed by Andrew Payton Story Busher on the BEING JULIA soundtrack?

I loved the film but I have no memory of the song.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2010, 06:45:30 AM »

At the Indiana BRAINEX we were treated to a plethora of Trailers before the show began....my favorites involved Flaming Mamie Van Doren....who knew she made so many movies?

Well they all seemed to be the SAME  movie, but they had different titles and co-stars!

Perhaps she could only learn one set of lines?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 07:11:03 AM »

The soundtrack CD is out of print, but i found a new copy on Amazon for $6.98!

Kerry

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2010, 07:20:27 AM »

LAUNDRY!
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

Not that we wanted to, but we met one of Lake Oswego's finest last night.  I was out getting the garbage out and wondered why I had so much room in that corner of the garage and suddenly realized Betsy's bike was gone.  Yep--someone walked right into the garage and stole it.  Second time in three months we've had someone walk in our garage and steal something.  It was a complete fluke the garage door was open and we were actually home!!  So we're checking CL of course to see if it pops up.  Oy and double oy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »

Muncie and Indy television personality and Professor, Dr. Conrad Lane, has frequently told me about how his fascination with Frances Farmer started:  when he was a kid he went to the movies and saw the trailer for EBB TIDE.  According to Conrad, it started in black and white with Frances emerging from the water like Venus from the half shell, and then the voiceover said, "Let's see that again in beautiful Technicolor," and of course they showed it in full color (this was only Paramount's second three strip Technicolor film).  He was hooked.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 07:29:34 AM »

In other Farmer news, a guy from Australia who's been getting FF films from me for years is evidently releasing a book in a few weeks about all of FF's films.  I wonder if I'll get an acknowledgement (or royalties).  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It's already very pretty outside.

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »

Not that we wanted to, but we met one of Lake Oswego's finest last night.  I was out getting the garbage out and wondered why I had so much room in that corner of the garage and suddenly realized Betsy's bike was gone.  Yep--someone walked right into the garage and stole it.  Second time in three months we've had someone walk in our garage and steal something.  It was a complete fluke the garage door was open and we were actually home!!  So we're checking CL of course to see if it pops up.  Oy and double oy.

Could also be bored neighborhood kids...I'd keep your eyes peeled around the 'hood.

Edisaurus

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 08:21:05 AM »

Time to go and use my most favorite garden tool EVER!

http://www.weedwrench.com/

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »

Have printed out a nice amount of orders.  I suspect that more will come in tomorrow as people return from their holiday weekend.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2010, 08:40:14 AM »

Horror!  Shock!  Frenzy!!  Devastation!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE

I Forgot To Congratulate You On Your Millstone

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 08:43:23 AM »

I received a very nice e-mail from someone who just ordered the new book from Kritzerland, and all the older books (all nine) from amazon - in hardcover.  So, all ten of my books are very nicely positioned in the amazon sales rank this morning, nine of the books all in the 55,000 range.  But to show you how funny the sales rank is - each of the hardcovers in the sales rank prior to the order were around 3,000,000 plus.  One sale brought them down to 55,000.  Can you imagine what five sales would do - I'd be in the top 1000 :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »

Phone call in one hour and fifteen minutes.  I'm sure that some of you have guessed.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 08:49:05 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »

Phone call in one hour and fifteen minutes.  I'm sure that some of you have guessed.

...I believe the light bulb just turned on over my head.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up